The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#551 2020-08-23 04:13:50

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 8, The

How dare you post a Woodward question in the Woodward thread!  Don't you know that's the only thing you're NOT supposed to discuss here????

3dtongue

Though to me it should be obvious, the single spot in which she is called a Bandador is an error.  She has never been promoted... nor would she skip a rank if she was. (the rank directly above Capadra is Liderra.)

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#552 2020-08-23 04:51:32

ChiefRock
Wasted

Although I have enjoyed our ballistic and navy discussions I admit some guilt thinking the conversations were in the wrong place. Unfortunately I am guilty of that in other forums I frequent and have a reputation for off the wall thinking--meh

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

#553 2020-08-23 05:12:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

If I was worried about it, Chief, I'd have said something.  Forum discussions here often seem to take side-trips.  I don't stop them because I tend to learn shit from them.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#554 2020-09-01 04:19:25

ChiefRock
Wasted

Waiting ummm patiently

#555 2020-09-01 09:19:28

Josh.Bond
Inebriated

ChiefRock wrote:

Waiting ummm patiently

Speak for yourself. I'm champing at the bit.

#556 2020-09-01 14:28:33

ChiefRock
Wasted

Tum de dum dumm

#557 2020-09-02 03:29:20

zipybug14
Inebriated

Fuck.  That was one hell of a chapter.

#558 2020-09-02 04:44:01

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

I think that qualifies as, "Out of the frying pan, and into the fire.

(posted from Chapter 11: April)

#559 2020-09-02 06:01:24

bigfoot
Wasted

AMAZING chapter!!  Thank you Eric. Wow...

#560 2020-09-02 15:06:59

KaosKing
Inebriated

RIP Dugerra.

Fantastic chapter. I'm sort of still on the fence, but I feel like the answer was definitively answered, theoretically.
But, we'll know in a few months for sure I think

#561 2020-09-02 16:05:36

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

KaosKing wrote:

RIP Dugerra.

Fantastic chapter. I'm sort of still on the fence, but I feel like the answer was definitively answered, theoretically.

Well that was.... completely incomprehensible...

3dbig_smile

Glad you liked it, anyway... 3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#562 2020-09-02 20:47:16

Sirkenii
Inebriated

I hate cliffhangers lol damn good work

(posted from Chapter 11: April)

#563 2020-09-02 20:56:10

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

What cliffhanger?  3dangel

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#564 2020-09-03 05:29:25

KaosKing
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

KaosKing wrote:

RIP Dugerra.

Well that was.... completely incomprehensible...

3dbig_smile

Glad you liked it, anyway... 3dsmile

Eric Storm

Sorry Eric! I was being silly. I feel like the answer to David's "woman" has been sort of definitively answered, sort of. In part through Denise's declaration, and Bisperion's commentary. Though David will make his own decisions. And I guess there is still wiggle room as well, of course.

I just don't see Zyla changing her mind, she doesn't really do very well with stress of any sort. I could, of course, be wrong

#565 2020-09-03 15:09:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I accept your assertion about Zyla... but you really think that "the one" is someone that David's not even in love with?

Not saying she's not, I'm just asking...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#566 2020-09-03 15:39:07

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

<deleted>

Last edited by darthel0101 (2020-09-03 15:40:46)

#567 2020-09-03 19:52:15

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Coward!  3dsmile  (I have no idea what you posted, but I wasn't letting you off without comment.  3dtongue )

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#568 2020-09-03 23:00:45

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Loved David going off on the now old chief of army.

#569 2020-09-04 02:43:08

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

Coward!  3dsmile  (I have no idea what you posted, but I wasn't letting you off without comment.  3dtongue )

Eric Storm

I posted personal thoughts and expectations regarding David's pro(re)gression.
Had second thoughts about putting those thoughts into public view, so I yanked them.

I've gotten pretty good at seeing the form that the end of a story will take over the years and you've pretty much painted yourself into a corner on this one.
IMO, There're only certain ways that the main story can play out and a limited number of ways that you can portray it.

I do have to question just how coherently David was thinking the morning of the mass murder, though. Didn't he cover quite a distance when he wandered from Woodward to Treacle in less than an hour -- through Haven?
Also, if he goes to Haven, what happens to items which were ghosted prior to him entering Haven but were left behind?
BTW, we know that his conjuring range is pretty vast, what is his teleportation range?
Your ice cube trick is also similar to something that I thought of a while back but with a more technical edge. I liked your application better.

Last edited by darthel0101 (2020-09-04 02:44:24)

#570 2020-09-04 05:13:04

KaosKing
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

I accept your assertion about Zyla... but you really think that "the one" is someone that David's not even in love with?

Not saying she's not, I'm just asking...

Eric Storm

That is true. And with the amount of story remaining.. hmm. I don't know for certain. If we didn't know the definitive amount of time remaining I think I would lean more on Denise.. but we'll see!

And I think it's a possibility, yes. Sometimes people try to hold onto things that aren't good for them, regardless..

I will admit, my opinion may be skewed some due to personal circumstances I am trying to work my way through. A mine field of confusion and potential heart break.

#571 2020-09-04 14:51:35

Maverick7508
Inebriated

I am kinda surprised at David's limited though process when it comes to the portals. I know it has to go slow for plot, but rationally to achieve his goal quickly shouldn't he have gotten a laptop and some mathmatics/computational software? As long as the program can accept baseline data to make the equations compute, he could run a brute force check for the omni-portal or start finding more portals to make the OP calculation easier. But again, I understand slowing down a plot point for the sake of the projected speed of the story.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#572 2020-09-04 14:53:36

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

darthel0101 wrote:

I've gotten pretty good at seeing the form that the end of a story will take over the years and you've pretty much painted yourself into a corner on this one.
IMO, There're only certain ways that the main story can play out and a limited number of ways that you can portray it.

Thank you.  Whether you meant this as a compliment or not, you're saying that my story progresses logically, and without some bizarre twist at the end (now, would I do that???  3dangel ), given that we are so close to the end, you have a good sense of where we're going.

I do have to question just how coherently David was thinking the morning of the mass murder, though. Didn't he cover quite a distance when he wandered from Woodward to Treacle in less than an hour -- through Haven?

Are you forgetting the illusions?  He was enacting those illusions to the very second that the emotional blast hit him.  There's also the unspoken issue of needing to know whether or not the plan succeeds, which he cannot do if he walks away from it.  Finally, there's the fact that David hates being in Haven.

Also, if he goes to Haven, what happens to items which were ghosted prior to him entering Haven but were left behind?

Good question.  This has not been established.

BTW, we know that his conjuring range is pretty vast, what is his teleportation range?

Not very far.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#573 2020-09-04 14:58:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Maverick7508 wrote:

I am kinda surprised at David's limited though process when it comes to the portals. I know it has to go slow for plot, but rationally to achieve his goal quickly shouldn't he have gotten a laptop and some mathmatics/computational software? As long as the program can accept baseline data to make the equations compute, he could run a brute force check for the omni-portal or start finding more portals to make the OP calculation easier.

This question is actually answered directly in the next chapter, but since it's not a spoiler of any kind, I'll answer you now.

Though they are referred to as "equations", they are not typical mathematical equations.  The equations in question are arithmantic equations.  Arithmancy is a form of divination, which, of course, computers are not capable of.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#574 2020-09-04 16:18:06

KaosKing
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

Maverick7508 wrote:

I am kinda surprised at David's limited though process when it comes to the portals. I know it has to go slow for plot, but rationally to achieve his goal quickly shouldn't he have gotten a laptop and some mathmatics/computational software? As long as the program can accept baseline data to make the equations compute, he could run a brute force check for the omni-portal or start finding more portals to make the OP calculation easier.

This question is actually answered directly in the next chapter, but since it's not a spoiler of any kind, I'll answer you now.

Though they are referred to as "equations", they are not typical mathematical equations.  The equations in question are arithmantic equations.  Arithmancy is a form of divination, which, of course, [b]computers are not capable of.[b/]

Eric Storm

Yet. Skynet will learn to magic..! Just kidding of course, but I chose not to resist 3dtongue

#575 2020-09-04 21:07:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

The Rimohrs have already destroyed Skynet 1, 2, and 3.002.8-alpha.

3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer