The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#401 2020-04-06 21:28:54

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 8, The

So tell 'em it hurts like hell and you can barely see straight.  Bam!  Emergency.  (I'm worried that's actually what's making me feel ill these last couple days.  I know I have teeth that need to come out.)

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#402 2020-04-08 01:45:09

Phoenix Angel
Inebriated

Been there before I had three of my four back molars pulled they wanted to pull the fourth but as much as the first three hurt I said Ill be back when it starts throbbing if i'm going to be in pain might as well get it all in one hit lol

Eric Storm wrote:

So tell 'em it hurts like hell and you can barely see straight.  Bam!  Emergency.  (I'm worried that's actually what's making me feel ill these last couple days.  I know I have teeth that need to come out.)

Eric Storm

#403 2020-04-08 02:37:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yeah, my dentist isn't really eager to pull my teeth.  He looked at the x-ray and said, "Those roots are REALLY deep..."

But soon, I don't think he's gonna have any choice.  I'm not looking forward to it.  Especially since pain meds don't work on me.  (I'm a demighost in secret.  Shh.  Don't tell anyone.  3dwink )

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#404 2020-04-08 05:57:13

JBPayne
Inebriated

Maybe you should get some Naproxen Ghostium so you can get your teeth taken care of.

#405 2020-04-08 07:13:29

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I wish.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#406 2020-04-08 09:26:21

bigfoot
Wasted

For non-demi ghosts, Naproxen Ghostium is called Jack Daniels (Number 27 Gold).

#407 2020-04-08 12:00:16

Crusader
Wasted

Elessar wrote:

Thanks for that thought, except I was referring to your story writing. My dental office is only seeing emergencies.

... im likely going to have to reschedule that. Thanks for the random unexpected reminder

#408 2020-04-08 17:27:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

bigfoot wrote:

For non-demi ghosts, Naproxen Ghostium is called Jack Daniels (Number 27 Gold).

Not if your body is alcohol-intolerant, it isn't.  I'd puke that shit up long before it reduced any pain.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#409 2020-04-20 09:56:51

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Well, I knew the thing with Zyla was going to happen eventually. I expect her to be the main woman in his life.

Most of the story felt kind of... blah.

I could feel the emotion with the peg, but just about the rest of it, I couldn’t feel much emotion in the story. Was well written, just personally felt blah. I could picture everything really well and I, for the most part, understood the details and hints behind everything.

Overall I have to say I like it.

#410 2020-04-20 10:38:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thanks so much for writing off a chapter I had a REALLY hard time writing, as "blah".

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#411 2020-04-20 11:37:09

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

I disagree on the 'blah' part.  Of course the high emotion points involved the Pegasus and Zyla, but the whole zombie guy in the never decaying house is a possible future conundrum for David.  We also seem to be making some headway on the portals, and eventually the omni-portal.

#412 2020-04-20 13:51:34

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Damn man had my eyes watering quite a lot in this chapter. Laughed out loud when the king said David didn’t have to worry about getting disemboweled. Wish there had been something a bit more concrete on the school/ Daily front. Although I do enjoying David pushing the bureaucrats around I do hope this break does help rein in his dark side. All in all another fulfilling chapter. Eagerly awaiting the next one

Last edited by thehilz (2020-04-20 13:52:59)

#413 2020-04-20 17:03:50

bigfoot
Wasted

December was a damn good chapter - IMHO, the best yet in WAY8. The situation with Virtue had tears streaming down my face. It was, again, IMHO, one of the shining moments in the entire WAY series. Thank you for your efforts to perfect this story, It keeps getting better!

#414 2020-04-20 21:47:15

neolyn
Wasted

I KNEW IT!

Zyla is the ONE, that's why Olissa never said anything before.
With Joe still alive and being Zyla's husband, it would not have gone well if she had say anything.

Good chapter.

Mad at you about Virtue's part, you SADIST!

I'm glad the king refuse David's request. I'm not glad the Kyle's family is still alive though. But hey, can't have everything in life.

I was surprised with the woodward's part. I didn't think that you'll put that in here. We don't learn anything new though, was it just to remind us about this sub-plot ?
I find it weird that no one from The school tried to contact David. Emile especially. Is it some kind of hint that Emile interest in him was just for Dailey ? I wonder.

Really the part with Zyla, well I saw it coming miles a way. I hope you won't go the cliche route about the development of their relationship, it would be disappointing, great I bet but a bit disappointing.

I have to say, the scene really felt different than all the other. I can't put my finger on it though.

I do have to wonder why the part about the Zombie Guy. Hint at David finding a way to de-petrify him and take over his body ?

Well great chapter, keep up the good work.

#415 2020-04-21 00:10:17

bigfoot
Wasted

neolyn wrote:

I do have to wonder why the part about the Zombie Guy.

I've been wondering if there is a connection between zombie guy and the omni-portal. The pieces of the OP will have to come together fairly quickly and would need seemingly disparate parts to come together to make the whole thing work. It could also have to do with the weapon the weres used that caused that area to be but then never used again.

Last edited by bigfoot (2020-04-21 00:10:42)

#416 2020-04-21 00:46:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

neolyn wrote:

Zyla is the ONE, that's why Olissa never said anything before.

Do not take this as confirmation (or denial) of your assertion, just a clarification:  Zyla and Olissa do not know each other.  They have only been in the same room together once, and that was at a Christmas Party where they never interacted.

I was surprised with the woodward's part. I didn't think that you'll put that in here. We don't learn anything new though, was it just to remind us about this sub-plot ?

Not true.  We now know that there was some kind of activity going on to, at the very least, keep tabs on David.  This was not something that was confirmed before.  As to why I put it in there... well, because David would have wanted to check up on it.

I find it weird that no one from The school tried to contact David. Emile especially. Is it some kind of hint that Emile interest in him was just for Dailey ? I wonder.

They know David's busy.  They would assume, since he has not contacted THEM, that he doesn't have time to socialize.  Not to mention, they have a school to deal with.  Out of sight is very often out of mind.  And keep in mind, they no longer have the simple communication method they're used to:  Mirrors don't work now, which means communicating requires using some other means.  I imagine Dugerrans don't write letters any more frequently than Technos do...

Really the part with Zyla, well I saw it coming miles a way. I hope you won't go the cliche route about the development of their relationship, it would be disappointing, great I bet but a bit disappointing.

What would you consider the "cliche route"?  You obviously believe they're going to end up together, but your comment implies you don't want them to.

bigfoot wrote:

The pieces of the OP will have to come together fairly quickly and would need seemingly disparate parts to come together to make the whole thing work.

To clear up another apparent misconception:  The elemental shield has pieces hidden in various locations.  The OmniPortal just needs to be built.  The problem with the OmniPortal is finding its location, not in building the gateway.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#417 2020-04-21 07:07:58

KaosKing
Inebriated

Amazing chapter Eric! Definitely not blah for me. I felt this chapter did function as a good 'reset' for David, or at least a little relief on the dark side.

I assume this is unlikely to happen due to things you've said before, but I did find myself wondering if David would try to contact Joe in Haven. But, logically, David doesn't have the time to hunt him down to ask

#418 2020-04-21 07:47:01

bigfoot
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

Zyla and Olissa do not know each other.  They have only been in the same room together once, and that was at a Christmas Party where they never interacted.

I don't often get to correct you (with certainty - remember, it's your worlds) but Zyla and Olissa were both present at David's Potion Masterpiece Presentation Day during his fourth year and at the celebration party afterwards. In fact, Zyla presented Grace as proof that David permantly cured her Wilburwarts ("The Council members turned to look at the little girl, who Zyla gladly held up to show them was fine and healthy.") Everyone in the room would have turned to look at Zyla and Grace, including Olissa.

Also, they were both present when David was made a full Rimohr in March of year seven.

Last edited by bigfoot (2020-04-21 07:52:10)

#419 2020-04-21 08:07:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Fair enough.  I had not consciously processed those events as them both being there.  But still, they do not "know" each other.

Ultimately, though, Olissa said point blank that she wouldn't tell David who The One was, no matter who it was.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#420 2020-04-21 14:17:53

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

Wonderful chapter.
I didn't really enjoy Virtue's part, but ... exigencies of war and well portrayed. Do all self-aware creatures have ghosts?
With the situation developing between David & Zyla (with no expectations either way about her being "the one"), I have to wonder if Joe will make another appearance.
I liked David's dealing with the job and, in general, the entire time that he spent with the king. Gave an insight into how much he has his fingers in David's situation.

#421 2020-04-21 18:05:41

bleme
Inebriated

Is there a map available for the Woodward world?  I know it based on North America but sometimes it's hard for me to place all the cities mentioned and picture where the Vrudenan border is.

Last edited by bleme (2020-04-21 21:50:25)

#422 2020-04-21 21:51:15

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

darthel0101 wrote:

I didn't really enjoy Virtue's part

You weren't supposed to.

bleme wrote:

Is there a map available for Woodward?

Dugerra Map Thread  This forum thread has a link to a Google Maps overlay for Dugerra, along with some description of other place names that can't be put on the map due to Google's limitations.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#423 2020-04-25 01:24:21

Maverick7508
Inebriated

So far each chapter is just adding more awesome to this story. My only burning curiosity at this point is if Dean Lengel was working for Dailey, will she survive David finding proof of that? Her actions, if they were planned and deliberate, cost him someone dear.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#424 2020-04-25 04:02:24

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Maverick7508 wrote:

So far each chapter is just adding more awesome to this story. My only burning curiosity at this point is if Dean Lengel was working for Dailey, will she survive David finding proof of that? Her actions, if they were planned and deliberate, cost him someone dear.

... Okay, you lost me.  Who did David lose due to Dailey's plan?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#425 2020-04-25 15:10:08

Maverick7508
Inebriated

David likely would not have gotten so close to Prof. Fibblebitz if the staff weren't looking after david so much. That combined with giving David access to staff housing and inviting him to their Yule parties allowed for the relationship to develop. And that very relationship is what resulted in her being in Erle when it was hit.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

Board footer