The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-13 07:54:04

Drahkar
Inebriated

Nothern Wind Blows

Well, they say with the northern wind of winter, change comes to a new land. Seasons falling forth with a white dusting on the ground to test the endurance of all mankind.

I've been away from various places for a week or two with business. Must say that I was.. caught of guard by the sudden transition over the last few days. Now I can't say I was surprised with the fact it was happening, anyone with two functioning eyes saw that EWP was on a downhill spiral. There were fewer and fewer posts on the site and even less conversation happening in the forums. People were just no longer interested in the site.

Saith, to be honest man, I thought you were the one that Net passed the reigns over to. Since day one I never interacted with Julian. Its unfortunate things went the way they did for everyone. Net, I'm glad you finished this place. While I liked EWP, I liked it specifically for the people and authors who were there. When I gave money to you for it, it was for the community as much as the stories that I was donating for. I continued there solely because you, Sir Winston and other were still there. I give my loyalty to people. Those people are now here. The next course of action is fairly obvious to anyone, even those without two functioning eyes. 3dwink

I hope that we all stick around here and grow a new site. I've been glancing through the posts here and someone mentioned this as a rebirth. I can't remember who off the top of my head. (I'm dealing with the flu and its late at night) However I completely agree with that assessment. This is a rebirth of a community. Not a site. A community that had fallen to shadow for some time.

I hope that I get to know everyone who is a part of this new community as well as renew the ties to those I've already had.

Its good to see you all. I look forward to the future here.

Edit: Man, this is why you don't post in the middle of the night, while sick. After all the effort to spell check my post I forget to double check my subject line. *facepalms*

Last edited by Drahkar (2006-12-13 08:01:15)

#2 2006-12-13 16:30:49

siath
Wasted

Re: Nothern Wind Blows

No biggie, I tried to do what I could to breath life back into the community there.

Siath

#3 2006-12-13 19:21:54

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

It does speak volumes, however, about Julian's actual role in the site, that people didn't know who actually owned the place...

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2006-12-13 20:04:30

Drahkar
Inebriated

I have to agree completely Net.

At anyrate, I'm looking forward to seeing this community grow. From what I've seen the people I enjoyed being a part of the community with are all here so I've got high hopes.

-- Drahkar

#5 2006-12-14 00:36:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I would just like to remind everyone not to expect this community to grow *quickly*.  One of the really big problems at EWP was that its growth accelerated beyond the point where the community could keep up, and even new authors were strangers.  So the growth here will be controlled, to make sure we can keep that community feeling intact.  So, while there can be an unlimited number of readers / viewers, the number of contributors will only climb slowly.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer