The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-10 04:50:22

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

bar theme?

We honstly couldn't figure if this counted or not as a website issue we just wanted to say the darker vertion of the pub theme looks better
we're courious what others think

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#2 2006-12-10 05:01:28

darkmage455
Tipsy

Re: bar theme?

I agree

darkmage

#3 2006-12-10 05:33:21

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

This is why there are two versions of every page.  One for those who prefer light text on dark, and one for those who prefer dark text on light.  I personally prefer the light version of the site's main pages.... but rather annoyingly, I like the dark version of almost everyone's contributor section (Including mine.)

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2006-12-10 05:34:59

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

[Topic moved to General Chat.  "Website Issues" is for problems, not general discussion.]

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2006-12-10 06:14:36

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Net Wolf wrote:

This is why there are two versions of every page.  One for those who prefer light text on dark, and one for those who prefer dark text on light.  I personally prefer the light version of the site's main pages.... but rather annoyingly, I like the dark version of almost everyone's contributor section (Including mine.)

Net Wolf

Would it bee too complicated to make a cookie for each section so that one can save the preferred colour scheme for each one?

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#6 2006-12-10 07:25:21

NahtanoJ88
Inebriated

I like Storymaster's idea but will their also be a masschange or have a default setting if you do that?

#7 2006-12-10 17:07:26

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Net Wolf wrote:

[Topic moved to General Chat.  "Website Issues" is for problems, not general discussion.]

Ok We honestly wernt sure as we said

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#8 2006-12-10 18:38:57

dv8n
Wasted

well not that it matters but I have to agree the darker background with light text is easier on my eyes....
...thanks for having that option built in net wolf

:lol:

#9 2006-12-10 21:53:59

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I don't do cookies, but there could be a setting per-page.  It would be slightly more difficult than the current design, but not overwhelmingly so.  A mass-change tool wouldn't be too hard, either.  (And there would be a default, just like there is now.)

But, of course, for me to take this request SERIOUSLY, it should be over in the Feature Request thread....  3dtongue

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

Board footer