#26 2006-12-10 23:35:23

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Future Feature Requests

Yes, it would!  LMAO
j/k  I'll take it under advisement.

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#27 2006-12-11 14:57:16

Saelamin
Tipsy

dracaiel wrote:

Net Wolf,

I think it would be a nice feature to be able to view all of your bookmarked stories from a central location; something like a "reading queue", if you will.

Thanks,

You mean like a library, where you could see a list of all the stories you've bookmarked and when they were last updated.  And then from there you could go direct to the newest chapter.

#28 2006-12-12 06:15:32

nightsecho
Wasted

i have a request for the forums

could you please put in the quote button and smilies

(if there already there i must be missing them)

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#29 2006-12-12 06:24:44

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Not quite as convenient as clicking on them but if you click on the link for BBCode: it will at least show you the various codes and what they do.  I know it can be done, not sure if it is a simple setting or hand coding however.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#30 2006-12-12 06:51:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Sure, I can put them in... if you can find me an extra day or two in my schedule somewhere for such a minor item.  I'll add it to the list, but it's not gonna get high priority.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#31 2006-12-12 23:36:52

nightsecho
Wasted

thats cool when ever you find the time

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#32 2006-12-28 03:48:07

SlaveMaster
Wasted

one thing that could be nice is a link on the forum relating  the to the story its reelated to.

Welcome to The Mystic Wolf Pub

#33 2006-12-28 04:13:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Since you were never intended to use the forum as your main point of entry to the site, this is unlikely to happen.  You were intended to come here to visit the AUTHORS and ARTISTS, not the FORUM.

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#34 2006-12-29 05:10:22

SlaveMaster
Wasted

well its was a thought.
my intensions were if you were in the forum and reading reviews about other books and you see one that you particularly would like to read because of the review installing a link would direct you strait to the story for the story review forum.
anys it was just a suggestion if its a bad idea pay no attansion to it.

Welcome to The Mystic Wolf Pub

#35 2006-12-29 05:49:54

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

How about instead of a link "On" the forum, how about just putting a Link "in" the forum. maybe in the first post by the admin or the author in each specific stories forum?

In the "Justice Seven" Forum, in the first post, there would be a link going RIGHT TO the first chapter of Justice Seven. Same for all the other stories.

#36 2007-12-02 11:53:52

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Hmmm.  Yes, how about that.  Since you did that, no one's made any further requests.  Perhaps it's all the ants congregating on the honey that makes them uneasy?

Net Wolf

----
Facebook page

#37 2009-12-16 18:20:09

Bd.Carlo
Inebriated

well seeing as no one has made any requests, what about a recently added page, were new chapters to stories would sit for maybe a couple weeks or something?  that way when people  log into the site they could just check that page to see if there is anything they haven't read yet.  if there is something like that I have missed it.

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."  Elbert Hubbard
"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking." Jerry Seinfeld

#38 2009-12-16 18:29:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um... yes, there IS something like that.   There is a recent submissions table ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE SITE, which will list everything that has been added/updated since you visited last.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#39 2009-12-28 00:48:29

Bd.Carlo
Inebriated

ah, ok, sorry, stupid me. I do now remember seeing that. sorry to bother you.

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."  Elbert Hubbard
"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking." Jerry Seinfeld

#40 2011-06-02 08:11:51

Bd.Carlo
Inebriated

Seeing as, I believe, it was decided in the poll that we are going to be opening the site to any authors who want to post, I was wondering If we would be able to vote them out?  Kinda like "Surviver" 3dtongue  I was wondering if there could be a voting box like the "rate the story" Box, that would have options for the grammar and spelling type stuff.  Then we could vote to have the story removed if the grammar and spelling are really awful, or if instead of a story it's an expounding of a persons opinions wrapped in a thin plot, I don't have a problem with people writing their opinions and beliefs into a story so long as its a story first, But I think it should be a story first. 

I was also wonder if it would posable to weight the votes, so that say Jefferson's and Storymaster's would votes hold a lot more weight than some one who has never been active in the site.  Just a thought, I have no idea if would work or how complicated any of it might be.   

Is that even posable? thanks in advance.

#41 2011-06-02 12:33:10

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Personally I don't like the idea of voting off a story.  Everyone has their own opinion on what makes a good or bad story.  Some are more forgiving than others of grammar issues.  As to the weighting, while I might hate a story you might love it, it is not up to me to dictate that it can or cannot be featured here.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#42 2011-06-02 18:25:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

*sigh*

Apparently you weren't paying attention to the poll results, which said that the majority of people, in fact, wanted the ability to ask someone to leave if they sucked.

As to the voting *mechanism*, it's been on the site since day one, you probably just don't bother to use it.  It's called the Recommendation System.  You have been able to give your opinion of stories all along.  Of course, the primary purpose of this system is to offer you suggestions for other stories to read, but as it does give some idea of people's opinions, it can be used to gauge the likability of an author or story.

Stories will not be removed on an individual basis.  However, if the opinions of an author are numerous enough AND negative enough, they will be asked to leave.  That was what the site membership said they wanted.

As to breaking it down into grammar vs. lack of plot vs. thinly-veiled proselytizing... I don't actually care why you don't like the story.  It's only important that you don't.  If you want people to know why you didn't like it, then post a review in the story's thread.  (Be careful to follow the Critiquing Guide!)

I'd also like to point out that this question could have been answered by going to the "Become a Pub Author/Artist" page, found on the main menu of the site, and linked here.  This would have sped up your answer, and prevented me from doing all this typing.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#43 2011-06-03 00:43:24

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

*sigh*

Apparently you weren't paying attention to the poll results, which said that the majority of people, in fact, wanted the ability to ask someone to leave if they sucked.

I am aware of the sentiment, but I specifically was called out. I felt it was appropriate for me to state my personal opinion on the matter it, was not my intention to try to dictate how you deal with the matter.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#44 2011-06-03 01:10:29

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Sorry, SM, I was talking to Bd.Carlo, not you, with that particular comment.  Should have made that clearer, my bad.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#45 2011-08-06 06:39:54

JaminGold
Tipsy

can you maby try to update storys more often
not that i'm complaining
i just would like to not have to look around at other sights
even if this dosent help any thanks for at least reading it if not some consideration on the matter too

Last edited by JaminGold (2011-08-06 06:40:20)

#46 2011-08-06 07:09:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um... Are you a book publisher?

If you're not paying these authors (including me), you have no place asking them to write one microsecond faster than they are.

Writing is not like baking a cake.  You can't just pull out the cookbook, slap the ingredients together, and have a wonderful treat for friends and family.  It is hard work, requiring thought, planning, and usually, inspiration.

Personally, I find people demanding that I write according to their schedule, very UNinspiring.

Further, I'm already releasing on a bare minimum of one chapter a month schedule.  Maybe that's not satisfactory to you, but it takes me usually two weeks just to write and edit a chapter, so I'm not likely to be able to up my speed much.

If you're looking for volume, I suggest you visit ASSTR.  They've got more stories than you could read in a lifetime.  Of course, most of them suck, but hey, you didn't say you wanted GOOD stories...

Eric Storm

PS:  Sounded very much like a complaint to ME...

----
Facebook page

#47 2011-08-06 07:39:55

JaminGold
Tipsy

well it was a complement i was trying to say the storys here are so got i dont want to go to any other sights because there simply not as good

P.S. lol i can "slap the ingredients together, and have a wonderful treat" but yes i understant you could have a wrighters block i just hate unfinished storys expechaly when there as good as yours i just want to know what happens next and how it ends

#48 2012-05-04 13:04:10

partha8993
Inebriated

tell me .....what does 3+ mean in the camp:rj tags?

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

#49 2012-05-04 19:03:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

TRY READING THE FAQ.  http://www.wolfpub.org/faq.php?q=4

Eric Storm

PS:  How is this a "future feature request"?  This "feature" already exists.

----
Facebook page

#50 2012-05-09 05:46:59

partha8993
Inebriated

i thought this was the feature inquiry  ........well . i seem to have a feature req .....i would like to see other barmaids ......how come such a great pub have only one barmaid :Bridget.......u can employ others and rotate them....

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Board footer