You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-16 19:22:09

celf
Wasted

dont know what to do... maybe you lot can help

hi.
i had a idea for a story.
i even got the prologue 1st draft done.

but as Eric and others have to know by now my spelling and grammer are not the best.
so i come here for help. ( aka idea's )

so do i post it to some place on the web ( maybe here. )
send it to someone to review it, (maybe Eric know someone who be good for that.)
give up and just do it for my self and never post it.

or some other idea you can come up with.

i just dont know what to do.

EDIT
ps "if any one like to know the prologue got 1,149 word so far"

Last edited by celf (2012-05-16 19:25:55)

#2 2012-05-16 20:13:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: dont know what to do... maybe you lot can help

Here's an idea... Improve your spelling and grammar?

3dsmile

I would recommend that you get an editor.  Unfortunately, I cannot recommend one.  Maybe someone else can.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2012-05-16 20:19:02

celf
Wasted

Eric if i posted the draft of the prologue i got done right her in the forum so i can get some idea's on what people well think of the story your not going to shout at me are you?

#4 2012-05-16 21:27:26

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Probably not... but one never knows.  MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........... *cough cough cough*  Damn sinus infection, messing up my evil laugh...

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2012-05-16 21:45:47

celf
Wasted

ok cool Eric
i think i just found the name for the story in some think i just typed like 2 mins ago and a change on ware the prologue end's and chapters start

i will try to get it in a nice format so it easy to read ( i hope ) on the forum
and i hope you feal better soon ( if you are ill and that was not just one relay good joke )

#6 2012-05-16 22:32:56

celf
Wasted

so here is the draft of my story's prologue

story name :- Life as a Teenage Human Girl

PROLOGUE

The assassin entered the bedroom.

He looked at the two people sleeping in the bed.
*Yep* thinking to himself *I am not getting out of this one alive.*

He breathe out making a whooshing sound.

That little sound was all that was needed to wake the smaller of the two that was sleeping,
faster than any one could have ever seen the person moved from the bed jumping at the assassin.

The assassin moved fast but not fast enough to save his life and was dead before he hit the ground, but he had been fast enough before he died to stab his attacker.

The 2nd person got up from the sound.

Seeing what was going on the man ran to his wife side shouting for help.

The man said to his wife “Don’t die my Queen, what will our daughter do without you.”

Emily sat in her desk chair looking out the open window with a piece of paper in her hand.

A bird came in the window and landed on the bird stand next to the desk,
the bird looked at Emily who was still looking out the open window she did not look like she had seen the bird.

“Are you ok.” said the bird.

Emily unlike you’d have expected did not jump at the sound of a bird speaking to her.

“No I am not ok.” She looked at the bird. “My mother is dead.” She slammed the piece of paper she had down on the desk and left the room looking to all the world like she was about to cry at any minute.

The bird dropped from the stand to the desk and read the paper seeing that it was a letter from Emily’s Dad.

----
Dear Emily

I am Sorry to have to send this to you and in this way.
But I have sad news to give you.
The war does not go well and now the enemy are sending assassins.
One got to close and your mother used her skills and power to get him but she was not fast enough and got hit by a knife.
I am sorry to say she did not make it.
I wish you could have said good bye to her but it not save for you to come back now.
You are the last, you are save there for now.
“Do What You Have To”, so that you are not the last any more.
You know what you have to do.

Love Dad.
----

The Bird looked up “Oooo Grate. Now this is going to be good. Emily is so not going to like that last part”

Emily sat looking at the woman, who here she called mum, not her real mother. No now she knew that her real mother was dead. This woman, who sat with her now, was looking after her here in this place. She knew what Emily was after all. It was better that way less to hide like her familiar who she called Ben. Not that Ben was her familiar’s real name, no her familiar did not like his real name one bit. So she had said that she could call him Ben from now on, and he had like that idea.

“I am sorry Emily, I wish there was something I could do but I am only human.” mum said.

“That’s ok it sucks like hell but there is zip I can do from here.” Emily replied.

“So you will be going back then.”

“No Dad said it not save for me to go back Home,” she got a wishful look on her face as she had said home.

At that moment Ben came in the living room window and landed on the bird stand. “Well...” said Ben looking at Emily. “here you are. I hope you did read the entire letter.”

Emily looked at him... “Yes I read the entire letter even that stupid crap part at the end.” 

Mum looked at Emily “what part at the end?”

“The part that told her to find a mate” said Ben.

“What!” she said looking at Emily.

“Yes well you know what I am and what my mother was.” Emily said with a sad look.

“Well yes I do but a mate here, I did not think there was any one here who could be a mate for you.”

“Well,” Ben spoke up. “If she needed to she can find a mate here.”

Emily did not look happy, “Yes that’s what he told me to do. What get’s to me most of all is that he is right.”

“So what are you going to do? Your 34 years old it’s not easy for some one that old to find love, I take it that is what you be looking for.” said mum.

“Yes I’ll be looking for Love.” Emily started to explain. “But he will need more than just love for me, he will need magic as well as to be told all about me. No human adult well believe what they need to know and without that the magic will not work and there will be no kids.

“So I will have to have your help so I can cast a spell to change my outward looking age to something younger then I am now.”

“You can do that I never knew that, so how old will you look after the spell is cast.”

“14 it well take off 20 years of my outward age.”

“14! Oh My Goddess!” mum said slapping her hands to the side of her face. “What can you do looking like a Kid?”

“He-ha well for a start I can go to school. It will be the best place to find someone who will still think there is magic in the world. And I may find others who still have a link to the magic!”

“She’s right I cannot think of a better place to look than a school. Maybe she will get relay lucky and can find a Boy who has a good bit of magic that is still with him!” Ben added.

“But in this world children cannot be having kids. 14 is too young for kid’s” mum said in a panic.

“I will only be 14 on the outside of my body, my inside parts will still be 34. Smaller parts on the inside then before but still 34 years old.”

“I don’t know, I just don’t know.”

“My people are at war, I am the last Elf Priestess of Magic light, and the power to be that witch I am can only pass to my children. If I an Elf have to mate with a human to have said child so be it. I will not let my world! My Home! Be lost just because here on earth you mother your kids for too long.” Emily Said standing up with her arms by her side and hands balled up in to fists.

Emily looked at mum.

“Well how do I look?” Emily said in a Higher Voice then she had before the spell was cast. “Oh Goddess! I hope I still look human, if I have turn back in to my elf form, I going to be, So, pissed off, with having to recast the spell to make me look human again, that spell takes 2 hours to work the casting of it... it was bad enough with the last 6 hours we spent doing the age spell. So how do I look? Good? Human? Oh please say that I am still human looking.”

Before mum could say a word Ben butted in saying. “well at least you sound like a teenager.”

Without even thinking about what she was saying Emily replied with. “Bite Me.” As soon as she had said it she slapped her hand over her mouth with an Oh My Goddess look on her face.

Mum stepped in to save the Day by saying “Yes dear you still look human.” As she was saying this mum handed her a mirror. So that Emily could see herself.

Emily looked at herself in the mirror looking back at her was a blond girl of 14, with white skin, a spotless face, thin eyebrows, a Cute nose (only word for it), and Green eyes.

Taking a look at her ears not to big not to small but most of all human looking. Not pointy looking like an elf that was good.

Holding the Mirror a Bit away from her she looked at her blond hair she could see it came down to her mid back.

Next she looked at her chest. *well B cup I think not to bad better than an a cup or flat.* she said thinking to herself in her mind

Ben just looked at her but did not say a word.

“Well I look the part. Let’s hope the 2nd part of the spell added all the paper work to the school system and I got all the paper work at this end to pull this off.” She said as she looked at her legs.

“How tall am I?” she asked.

“I will go get the tape measure.” Mum said as she left the room.

Emily continued to look at herself some more as she waited in the magic room ware all the big spell’s are cast.

Mum come back and measured Emily to see how tall she was now.

“Let see you are 4 foot 7’ or about 140 CM tall.” Mum said.

“That all... man going from 7 foot as an Elf to 6 foot 1’ in human form to this ... you have no idea how hard it is for a elf to be so. Small! The last time I was this tall I was 7 years old.” Emily complained.

“Welcome to Life as a Teenage Human Girl.” mum said.

#7 2012-05-17 06:50:23

Kitsune
Inebriated

Well i took a shot at editing your work, which wasn't really that bad but i don't really want to have to post it to the forums but i guess i could if i needed to. It would be much easier if you just added an email address to you profile

#8 2012-05-17 07:25:55

celf
Wasted

Kitsune wrote:

Well i took a shot at editing your work, which wasn't really that bad but i don't really want to have to post it to the forums but i guess i could if i needed to. It would be much easier if you just added an email address to you profile

cool but right now i was hopeing for some feedback.
like dose the plot sound any good? (saying that right now that is all just setup)
dose the Humor i use so far work?
dose it need more of a filling out?

should i give up or keep going on with it?
i think it good but then again i can see it in my minds eye's i maybe missing stuff not geting little bit down in to text format

it be nice if this forum had a Pm system

Kitsune i will not be Pubshing my e-mail in the open
but maybe you can post a Small part of it ( not all of it ) so that i can see what you found lets say the "Emily sat in her desk chair" part fromm the *** to the next *** ( well i just seen that i forget to say that the room she is in is her bedroom lol )

#9 2012-05-17 07:49:13

Kitsune
Inebriated

Yea a Pm system is exactly what the forums need.
The plot seems to hold lots of potential and definitely brings me to want to read more of it.
Considering this is just a prologue i think the it has a good size to it.
I am not one to tell someone to give up unless it is very warranted and that is not the case here you have a very good story line the only problem is grammatical so no i don't think you should give up.
++++

PROLOGUE

The Assassin entered the bedroom.

He looked at the two people sleeping in the bed.
*Yep* he thought to himself *I am not getting out of this one alive.*

He breathe out making a whooshing sound.

That little sound was all that was needed to wake the smaller of the two that was sleeping,
faster than any one could have seen the person moved from the bed jumping at the Assassin.

The Assassin moved fast but not fast enough to save his life and was dead before he hit the ground, but he had been fast enough to at least stab his attacker before he died.

The 2nd person got up from the sound.

Seeing what was going on the man ran to his wife’s side shouting for help.

The man said to his wife “Don’t die my Queen, what will our daughter do without you.”

Emily sat in her desk chair looking out the open window with a piece of paper in her hand.

A bird came in the window and landed on the bird stand next to the desk,
the bird looked at Emily who was still looking out the open window. She did not look like she had seen the bird.

“Are you ok.” said the bird.

Emily unlike you’d expect did not jump at the sound of a bird speaking to her.

“No I am not ok.” She looked at the bird. “My mother is dead.” She slammed the piece of paper she had down on the desk and left the room looking to the entire world like she was about to cry at any minute.

The bird dropped from the stand to the desk and read the paper seeing that it was a letter from Emily’s Dad.

----
Dear Emily

I am sorry to have to tell this to you and in this way.
But I have sad news to give you.
The war does not go well and now the enemy is sending assassins.
One got to close and your mother used her skills and power to get him but she was not fast enough and got hit by a knife.
I am sorry to say she did not make it.
I wish you could have said good bye to her but it not safe for you to come back now.
You are the last; you are safe there for now.
Do what you have to so that you are not the last any more.
You know what you have to do.

Love Dad.
----

The Bird looked up “Oooo Great. Now this is going to be good. Emily is so not going to like that last part”

Emily sat looking at the woman, who here she called mum, not her real mother. She of course knew now that her real mother was dead. This woman, who sat with her now, was looking after her here in this place. She knew all about both Emily and her familiar whom she called Ben. It was much easier that way then to try to hide hers and Ben’s secrets. Ben wasn’t his real name he just didn’t like his real name one bit. So she had proposed that she could just call him Ben from now on, and he had quickly taken to the idea.

“I am sorry Emily, I wish there was something I could do but I am only human.” mum said.

“That’s ok it sucks like hell but there’s zip I can do from here.” Emily replied.

“So you will be going back then.”

“No Dad said it not safe for me to go back home,” she got a wishful look on her face as she had said home.

At that moment Ben came in the living room window and landed on the bird stand. “Well...” said Ben looking at Emily. “Here you are. I hope you did read the entire letter.”

Emily looked at him... “Yes I read the entire letter even that stupid crap part at the end.” 

Mum looked at Emily “what part at the end?”

“The part that told her to find a mate” said Ben.

“What!” she said looking at Emily.

“Yes well you know what I am and what my mother was.” Emily said with a sad look.

“Well yes I do but a mate here, I didn’t think there was any one here who could be a mate for you.”

“Well,” Ben spoke up. “If she needed to she could find a mate here.”

Emily did not look happy, “Yes that’s what he told me to do. What gets to me most of all is that he is right.”

“So what are you going to do? Your thirty-four years old it’s not easy for some one that old to find love, I take it that is what you be looking for.” said mum.

“Yes I’ll be looking for Love.” Emily started to explain. “But he will need more than just love for me, he will need magic as well as to be told all about me. No human adult well believe what they need to know and without that the magic will not work and there will be no kids.

“So I will have to have your help so I can cast a spell to change my outward looking age to something younger then I am now.”

“You can do that I never knew that, so how old will you look after the spell is cast.”

“Fourteen it well take off twenty years of my outward age.”

“Fourteen! Oh My Goddess!” mum said slapping her hands to the side of her face. “What can you do looking like a Kid?”

“He-ha well for a start I can go to school. It will be the best place to find someone who will still think there is magic in the world, and I may find others who still have a link to the magic!”

“She’s right I cannot think of a better place to look than a school. Maybe she will get really lucky and can find a Boy who has a good bit of magic that is still with him!” Ben added.

“But in this world children cannot be having kids. Fourteen is too young for kids” mum said in a panic.

“I will only be fourteen on the outside of my body, my inside parts will still be thirty-four. Smaller parts on the inside then before but they will still be thirty-four years old.”

“I don’t know, I just don’t know.”

“My people are at war, I am the last Elf Priestess of Magic light, and the power to be that which I am can only be passed to my children. If I an Elf have to mate with a human to have said child so be it. I will not let my world! My Home! Be lost just because here on earth you mother your kids for too long.” Emily said standing up with her arms by her side and hands balled up in to fists.

Emily looked at mum.

“Well how do I look?” Emily said in a higher voice then she had before the spell was cast. “Oh Goddess! I hope I still look human, if I have turn back in to my elf form, I going to be, So, pissed off, with having to recast the spell to make me look human again, that spell takes two hours to work the casting of it... it was bad enough with the last six hours we spent doing the age spell. So how do I look? Good? Human? Oh please say that I am still human looking.”

Before mum could say a word Ben butted in saying. “Well at least you sound like a teenager.”

Without even thinking about what she was saying Emily replied with. “Bite Me.” As soon as she had said it she slapped her hand over her mouth with an Oh My Goddess look on her face.

Mum stepped in to save the day by saying “Yes dear you still look human” As she was saying this mum handed her a mirror, so that Emily could see herself.

Emily looked at herself in the mirror, looking back at her was a blond girl of fourteen, with white skin, a spotless face, thin eyebrows, a Cute nose (only word for it), and Green eyes.

Taking a look at her ears not to big not to small but most of all human looking. Not pointy looking like an elf that was good.

Holding the mirror a bit away from her she looked at her blond hair she could see it came down to her mid back.

Next she looked at her chest. *well B cup I think not too bad, better than an A cup or flat.* she said thinking to herself in her mind

Ben just looked at her but did not say a word.

“Well I look the part. Let’s hope the second part of the spell added all the paper work to the school system and I got all the paper work at this end to pull this off.” She said as she looked at her legs.

“How tall am I?” she asked.

“I will go get the tape measure.” Mum said as she left the room.

Emily continued to look at herself some more as she waited in the magic room where all the big spells are cast.

Mum come back and measured Emily to see how tall she was now.

“Let see you are 4’7” or about 140 CM tall.” Mum said.

“That all... man going from 7’ as an Elf to 6’1” in human form to this ... you have no idea how hard it is for an elf to be so, small! The last time I was this tall I was seven years old.” Emily complained.

“Welcome to Life as a Teenage Human Girl.” mum said.
++++

Well i might as well just post it all so you can look over the whole thing. I changed a few things like you made it seem like Ben had to hide what he was from mum but then had him talk right in front of her so i edited that paragraph to make more sense. I also changed numbers under 100 to word form just because that's how i learned they should be. I also fixed most of the grammar and spelling issues but i only went over it real quick so there might be more i didn't see.

#10 2012-05-17 08:14:41

celf
Wasted

Kitsune wrote:

Well i might as well just post it all so you can look over the whole thing. I changed a few things like you made it seem like Ben had to hide what he was from mum but then had him talk right in front of her so i edited that paragraph to make more sense. I also changed numbers under 100 to word form just because that's how i learned they should be. I also fixed most of the grammar and spelling issues but i only went over it real quick so there might be more i didn't see.

ummm
well i was never told that about numbers under 100 in school ....
then again i can not spell numbers in word format any how. well one and two but that is all ..

ummm did i make it look like ben had to hide him self from mum ( if i did that was Not my plan. )
can you point out the line that makes it look like ben has to hide him self from mum from my draft
as i dont see it.

i know about the safe (save) spelling mess up but for the life of me last night i could not get my self to remember the right word i knew it was the worng word but i had a brain block on the right one.

and the line from dad's letter ( “Do What You Have To”, so that you are not the last any more.) is a code 3dsmile
after all the letter is comming out of a war zone even if that war zone is not on earth 3dsmile

#11 2012-05-17 08:27:58

Kitsune
Inebriated

She knew what Emily was after all. It was better that way less to hide like her familiar who she called Ben. 

Right there

I thought you had some secret meaning to it but i also thought that having something stick out like that would ruin the secrecy of it.

I have actually been taught a few different methods with numbers depending on the situation but i mostly stick with the under 100 mainly because i feel seeing numbers in a story has an ugly look to it.

#12 2012-05-17 08:42:18

celf
Wasted

Kitsune wrote:

She knew what Emily was after all. It was better that way less to hide like her familiar who she called Ben. 

Right there

I thought you had some secret meaning to it but i also thought that having something stick out like that would ruin the secrecy of it.

I have actually been taught a few different methods with numbers depending on the situation but i mostly stick with the under 100 mainly because i feel seeing numbers in a story has an ugly look to it.

ok with the familiar line
what i trying to say is that emily's got to hide him from allmost all humans but she dont have to hide him from mum as mum knows what emily is,

and with numbers, that a hard one
for me it dont look right for a Age to be in words, when i think Age i seen the numbers in number format.
but stuff like 2nd 3rd and so on i see in word format i just dont know how to spell them in word format lol

#13 2012-05-17 08:51:03

Kitsune
Inebriated

O OK i didn't really interpret it like that so it might be just me or that section might need a little more explaining to it.

as to the numbers sometimes it just comes down to personal preferences i prefer word form so that's how i changed it but it is your story so ultimately the decision is yours.

Spelling can be a difficult thing to get a hold of i would say that the best thing you could do is just read more. You can learn the basics from people but the best way i have learned to get better at grammar and spelling is to just read things that have it done correctly.

#14 2012-05-17 09:04:20

celf
Wasted

yes i think i am going to have to rework that part

the big info Payoff time for Finding out more will be when emily makes her 1st friend who she can tell about herself

up to that time the reader is only geting littel bits here and there ( it is the readers job ) to see if he or she got the sub text of what is going on. makes it a bit more fun well for me any how 3dsmile

#15 2012-05-17 09:12:15

Kitsune
Inebriated

that sounds cool but i have to admit i hope she makes that friend fast because i can't wait to get all the information haha.

#16 2012-05-17 09:22:08

celf
Wasted

ok Kitsune
i set my e-mail seting to "Hide your e-mail address but allow form e-mail."
for now

this is the best way  for you to get a e-mail to me

#17 2012-05-17 09:42:46

Kitsune
Inebriated

Yea that will help alot if you want help with reviewing and stuff so that we don't have to always fill up forum space.

#18 2012-05-17 09:51:20

celf
Wasted

yes i could do with more then 1 reviewer/editor for this.

there are some part's that just have to be there, geting it to flow well but still have the hint's there will not be easy.

grammer may have to be placed to one side from time to time just so i can get a hint in to the story in the right place at the right time.

hell i'd love to have Jefferson help with this story but i bet that is just wishfull thinking

Last edited by celf (2012-05-17 09:53:22)

#19 2012-05-17 09:59:14

Kitsune
Inebriated

Yea i know what you mean sometimes getting everything to fit just right can become a real pain when it comes to stories.
I am pretty new to the forums so i don't know how active Jefferson is so i can't really say anything about that but you can always hope.

#20 2012-05-17 10:12:43

celf
Wasted

any how Kitsune if your going to help me you need to send me a e-mail 3dsmile

i got the bit with ben reworked now ( i hope )

#21 2012-05-17 10:25:15

Kitsune
Inebriated

just sent an email i guess i should have sent it earlier

#22 2012-05-17 10:32:59

celf
Wasted

Kitsune wrote:

Yea that will help alot if you want help with reviewing and stuff so that we don't have to always fill up forum space.

and a reply sent say if you dont get it and i try again

#23 2012-05-17 10:43:42

Kitsune
Inebriated

Yea i didn't receive it

#24 2012-05-17 11:07:44

celf
Wasted

ok i sent again

dont forget to look in junk folder of you e-mail you never know your e-mail server may have dumped it there

no i bet money that is ware it is in your auto junk folder

Last edited by celf (2012-05-17 11:10:11)

#25 2012-05-17 11:28:10

Kitsune
Inebriated

well they didn't go into junk but i have two separate emails from you so maybe it just delayed i don't know what happened

Board footer