Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-11 18:18:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Woodward Academy - Request for Questions

Okay, that should sound weird enough.  3dsmile

Seriously, I have a request:  I would like your questions concerning the Academy.  Not the book series, but the Academy itself.  Imagine that you are a student about to go to the Academy for your first year.  What do you want to know about the school?  What topics are of importance, or of interest?  Living arrangements?  The ghosts?  The courses?  What would YOU want to know?

Don't necessarily expect an answer in this thread, though your question will probably be answered at some point.

3dsmile

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2012-02-12 01:04:17

jhowe89
Inebriated

Re: Woodward Academy - Request for Questions

Well I'd want to know about the courses so you have a better idea when you're registering for classes unlike David who just went with the Dean's suggestions his first time. What it takes to meet requirements or what are the requirements. What each level gives you as far as licensing. The things that keep the Academy moving such as the brownies, fireflies, centaurs, fairies, and whatever else, just info like their jobs and how they will affect a students daily life. The rules and consequences if you get caught, if there is a set standard or is it more based on the committee and there is no standard. Maybe a list of teachers and quick info but that might be a little much and it'd have to be updated each time a teacher came or went. But we're always curious what kind of professor your going to get when you head to class. A list of clubs and seminars. A brief history basically what the dean gave on her tour with David. What to do in an emergency such as a tornado or fire broke out in the dorm or some dark wizard was on the grounds. That's all I can think of for now.

#3 2012-02-12 02:08:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thanks.  But... Tornado?  In the Northeastern US (or its equivalent)?  3dsmile

I'll take all of this under consideration.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2012-02-12 07:55:42

jhowe89
Inebriated

Ya... umm... probably not a tornado then. 3dsmile

#5 2012-02-12 22:07:39

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Magically induced tornado!

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#6 2012-03-12 16:00:39

nkdcwby
Tipsy

plain and simple other security measures the school takes to protect it's self like the trees at the water fall

#7 2012-03-12 18:46:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yeah, not a question that is useful for my purposes, but thank you, anyway.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#8 2012-03-12 19:25:36

nkdcwby
Tipsy

so basically if a student going off to college or exchange program for the first time?

i would want to know ethnic diversity

how will this school help further my education IE (prestige, honors, accolades, sports team, career advancement courses is the campus only for younger students or is there adults furthering their education)

also I see the magic exam as like a P.O.S.T. test here in the states need to pass it before going into the field of law enforcement so is there another type of test or exam that lets you learn more advanced magic?

is their any fraternity's os is just on campus clubs?

was this more like the questions you wanted? if it is  this is all i have you describe the school very well and cant wait

#9 2012-03-12 20:45:21

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Hmm.

"How will this school help further my education?"  -- ummm.... You actually get to do magic if you pass licensure.  3dsmile

Ethnic diversity:  Who cares?

"is there another type of test... that lets you learn more advanced magic?"  -- Yeah, it's called passing your licensure exam.

Yes, these are closer to the kinds of questions I'm seeking.  The kinds of things students would want to know... AND that the school would actually tell them.  3dsmile

Thanks,
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer