The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-06 17:31:32

J-Man5
Tipsy

Sadness

With the move of multiple authors from EWPUB all I feel is sadness.  For years I have enjoyed the works on that site I wish that people could work together better than they have. I don't know the personal problems some have had but IN REAL LIFE you work them out.  Rather than walking away talking is a much better solution.  If you have anger issues get therapy. If you have managment issues get a better manager.  I will continue to read your stories BUT realize that it has become more inconvenient to do so. 

I posted this over on the forums there.

This is beginning/ending up looking more and more like a spat between five year olds.  Grow up people!!!!

Get over your own personalities and work together.  I am going to cross post this both here and on NetWolf's new board. 

J-Man5

#2 2006-12-06 23:22:16

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Sadness

Awwww.  We made your life inconvenient.  You poor soul.

Did it occur to you that dealing with the management at EWP was extremely inconvenient to US?  You have hit on the problem, AND the solution, in your comments above:  "If you have managment issues get a better manager."  That is exactly what I'm doing, so what are you complaining about?

I didn't have the authority or the desire to take EWP over.  I created my own site.  You'll note by now that not all of the authors who have left EWP have shown up here.  That wasn't why they left.  This was not a move from one place to another, it was merely a move away from a dying site.

I appreciate that you like EWP.  You've been there a while, and feel comfortable with it.  However, some of the rest of us have other principles guiding us than mere convenience.  It was not in the slightest bit convenient for me to take nearly three months out of my life to build a new website from the ground up.  I did it because there was more at stake than my convenience (or yours).

You are criticizing people for taking a stand on their beliefs.  You admit in this message that you don't know what the issues really are.  Having said that, you shouldn't be berating or belittling ANYONE for their behavior.  You are acting as judge about an issue where you don't have all the evidence before you.  Is it "grown up" to make snap-judgments about others' actions with little to no information about why they made their choices?  It's not where I come from, but you might have been raised differently...

Net Wolf

PS:  If you thought I was suddenly going to start being a goody-two-shoes nice guy because I was admining my own site again, you were sorely mistaken.  This is OUR PUB.  If you don't like the atmosphere, may we suggest the bar down the street.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2006-12-06 23:34:04

siath
Wasted

The only thing I could add is how sad it is watching what is going on from the inside.  The admins of EWP and the Authors knew what was happening.  How could you NOT see that Julian hadn't been on for ages.  I was left to my own devices and I held EWP up with the help of Trekkie.  Not Julian not anyone else, I'm the one who got shit started in the forum again and helped authors when they needed it.  All those times I said bug Julian because I don't have access, that was a hint to people, a nudge to Julian that was unheeded.

If you think I'm being self important, than so be it. Most of the Authors and Members of the forum know me and know I don't do things with out a reason. I'm always there to help and render any kind of assistance I can.

I'm not going to be playing Mr. Nice guy here like I do on my own site. People will tell you I'm quite fair and I don't fly off the handle, most of the time. We, of course, all have our bad days.

All I can say is I agree with Net 100%.

Siath

#4 2006-12-07 03:12:09

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

this is the one and onlty time I will refer to my self singularly on this fourm

I were unaware of alot of the complaints before NW e-mailed me a few months ago but his argument was well put and when we thought on it he was right julian became the site admin for the bragging rights not because he wanted the job I even offered to redo the graphics and some of the front end I made a new logo and even avitars for soemof the authors

That was about *thinks* early last spring and all he told me was  that he wanted saith and trekkies input.

saith did u ever see the logos I did?  I ask because that was one of the last times i heard from him and that was in july

Also i apoligise in advance if u catch shit from my farewell on ewp i was less than tactfull

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#5 2006-12-07 03:14:37

siath
Wasted

Nope never seen or heard anything.

I also replied to julians post after yours.

Siath

#6 2006-12-07 07:48:05

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

Yea i read it that thread has become a flame julian topic

btw

2006-12-06
Status Of The Site
actually i give up. im burnt out and i honestly cant deal with this right now. i have to many things going on in my life to deal with this as well. anyone who wants webspace just email me, kardargo@gmail.com i will see if we can work something out. thank you ewp it was fun for awhile atleast. and i do think i will miss you all. Good bye, Julian

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#7 2006-12-07 09:20:11

dracaiel
Inebriated

Just have to throw in my two cents.  As a reader I don't care if I have to jump through hoops to get the stories; I just want the authors to be able to produce the great content that they GIVE us.  They are, for the most part, not paid for it but do it for their own enjoyment (or to get the demons in their heads to shut up, depending on the story).

If you don't like a story shut the fuck up; frankly I am tired of reading the bullshit on the different sites about people complaining about how bad a story is.  If you have some constructive critism, as NetWolf has spoken about PLENTY of times, I understand.

For that reason none of us really have a leg to stand on to complain and any that do really need to look in the mirror and think about who is the five year old.

Thanks, NetWolf, and the other contributors, for the work you have done.

Ok, I shut up now.

Last edited by dracaiel (2006-12-07 09:21:18)

Dracaiel

#8 2006-12-07 17:13:54

Imagineer
Wasted

It is sad that EWP didn't find its way in Net Wolf's absence. It is sad that the magnitude of the task seemed to overwhelm and discourage EWP's second steward. It is sad that those who did continue to find some sense of community there didn't have more involved support.

Things go in cycles. Communities change. Things can't always be the way they were, or the way we'd like them to be.

There's an energy and enthusiasm here at the Mystic Wolf Pub, and though it might appear to the uninformed and embittered to be just the spite of some semi-retired authors who didn't like what their old playground had become, it's really something else.

This is a rebirth. This is another chance. This is life experience plowed into new crops. This is a commitment to improvement.

The Internet reinvents itself frequently. Old standards make way for new ideas.

Maybe this place is a harbinger of the new standard. Maybe it's just a new alternative. Either way, I believe it's an opportunity to be a part of something special, and that's why I'm here.

---
Imagineer

#9 2006-12-07 17:19:31

dracaiel
Inebriated

Imagineer,

Damn, that was well written and well put.

Thanks,

Dracaiel

#10 2006-12-07 17:42:55

siath
Wasted

dracaiel wrote:

Just have to throw in my two cents.  As a reader I don't care if I have to jump through hoops to get the stories; I just want the authors to be able to produce the great content that they GIVE us.  They are, for the most part, not paid for it but do it for their own enjoyment (or to get the demons in their heads to shut up, depending on the story).

If you don't like a story shut the fuck up; frankly I am tired of reading the bullshit on the different sites about people complaining about how bad a story is.  If you have some constructive critism, as NetWolf has spoken about PLENTY of times, I understand.

For that reason none of us really have a leg to stand on to complain and any that do really need to look in the mirror and think about who is the five year old.

Thanks, NetWolf, and the other contributors, for the work you have done.

Ok, I shut up now.

Wanna job contact me.

Siath

#11 2006-12-07 18:48:10

dracaiel
Inebriated

Can't seem to do private messages over here.... or I am blind.  Anyway, I gotta job as a programmer that takes up too much time as it is (God, I need a life outside the 'net); but if you want some HELP then I will do what I can.  You can message me on your board if you wanna talk.

Last edited by dracaiel (2006-12-07 18:49:08)

Dracaiel

#12 2006-12-07 19:20:11

siath
Wasted

Actually, you can go to the main page and then 'You can help' and send an email to whatever section you would like to help with. 3dsmile

Siath

#13 2006-12-07 22:20:44

SlaveMaster
Wasted

couldent you just keep going from one site to the other and just keep posted at both
I am loyal to netwolf but im shure he will understand the need for  looking at other sites
and perhaps he my even encourage by bringing others to the dark side of your fantasys.

Welcome to The Mystic Wolf Pub

#14 2006-12-08 04:18:57

LAoW
Completely Blotto

*stands and applauds for Imagineer* Brilliantly written. Thank you, from the bottom of my...uhhh...nevermind. 3dwink

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#15 2006-12-08 07:40:57

NahtanoJ88
Inebriated

Wonderful Imagineer. You said that perfectly and caught my feelings just right.

TransVader wrote:

couldent you just keep going from one site to the other and just keep posted at both
I am loyal to netwolf but im shure he will understand the need for  looking at other sites
and perhaps he my even encourage by bringing others to the dark side of your fantasys.

Why would Net Wolf get upset with you for looking at other sites? Especially if you are posting to help authors or just for the other sites, and your own, social growth.

#16 2006-12-08 19:32:14

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

not all of the authors we like left so we'll be looking at both

Last edited by Neitherspace (2006-12-08 19:32:34)

#17 2006-12-08 22:21:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Given that I am intentionally limiting the scope of this site, it would be unethical and hypocritical of me to object to you looking elsewhere, no matter where "elsewhere" would be.  If you want to visit EWP despite the management, go right ahead.  If you want to visit SOL, despite the hypocrite running the place, you can go right ahead and do that, too.  3dsmile  This is not a prison, it is merely a... I don't want to say "gated community" because of the image of elitists that conjures up, but it is, in a way, in that there is a limit to how many can contribute here...

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#18 2006-12-08 22:33:40

LAoW
Completely Blotto

I will leave out the comment about running naked through the gated community...oh wait. ROFL

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#19 2006-12-08 23:05:38

dracaiel
Inebriated

I am up for a naked race through the community... but I wouldn't want to scare the locals.

Dracaiel

#20 2006-12-09 01:09:47

dv8n
Wasted

personally i think if you weren't getting what you needed then do what you have to do to find it... If the people at EWP needed something the admin should have help as best as possible...as far as incovenient well hell it's just a click away how much trouble is that... net wolf said up above that the scope of this site will be limited....limited how?

PS whatever you need to do to keep writing and posting great stories....  just try not to tramatize the children...much  3dbig_smile

:lol:

#21 2006-12-09 04:14:57

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

dv8n wrote:

just try not to tramatize the children...much  3dbig_smile

Do not think about what is writen below

Gummy bears feel pain and will scream when you bite into them

*turns on blender filled with gummy bears*

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

we think we might make that our new signiture

#22 2006-12-10 17:28:04

SlaveMaster
Wasted

your sick to put a gummie bear into a bleander thats to easy. A quick and pain less death i bleander is what you get you need to have it slow pianful and long lasting thats they way of a gummie.

Welcome to The Mystic Wolf Pub

#23 2006-12-10 18:27:03

dv8n
Wasted

Neitherspace wrote:

dv8n wrote:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

well that might have traumatized you as a child but I was is and shall always be a bit disfuckshitall hehehheh
so pass those gummi bears friend 3dsmile

PS and I agree with transvader slow and painful....anybody got a lighter? ...or maybe magnifying glass and some tweezers we can pull em limb from gummi limb 3dbig_smile

Last edited by dv8n (2006-12-10 18:30:50)

#24 2006-12-10 19:31:17

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

dv8n wrote:

Neitherspace wrote:

dv8n wrote:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

well that might have traumatized you as a child but I was is and shall always be a bit disfuckshitall hehehheh
so pass those gummi bears friend 3dsmile

PS and I agree with transvader slow and painful....anybody got a lighter? ...or maybe magnifying glass and some tweezers we can pull em limb from gummi limb 3dbig_smile

A hot frying pan would work too.  Slowly melt the little buggers.

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#25 2006-12-10 19:40:26

dv8n
Wasted

maybe we can train gummi worms to eat the gummi bears.....but that sounds like too much work

put them in an ant pile and watch the ants slowly devour them  3dsmile

attach them to the heads of rats and turn the rats loose against each other....maybe glue a lot each rat 3dbig_smile

yea I think we might be traumatizing kids now hehehe

Board footer