The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-02 19:44:57

Cly
Inebriated
Website

This place is so quiet

Seriously, there seems to be very little activity here. C'mon peoples, let's talk! Or do something! *jumps on the table and starts stripping to dance techno* Got your attention now? =P

Then God said, "Let there be Cly!" and Cly was and Cly looked at God then and said, "Dude, you suck. All that power and this is what you came up with? Give me that crown and I'll show you how to create!"

#2 2011-12-02 20:19:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: This place is so quiet

Yes, but now we've been stunned into silence by the spectacle.  3dsmile

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2011-12-02 22:47:03

LAoW
Completely Blotto

I would insert a picture of shock and awe here, but I can't find anything. Let it be said, though, that I approve.

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#4 2011-12-03 01:21:13

Cly
Inebriated
Website

Well, um... uh... At least I got some people to talk! Yay! It worked! *throws her clothes back on and has a cigarette outside* It never fails!

So um, how is folks? Just wanted to get conversation going, I guess. I get bored when all I do is write stories. I may be the goddess of the Universe in my head, but I like to speak with equals every now and again. ^.=.^

Then God said, "Let there be Cly!" and Cly was and Cly looked at God then and said, "Dude, you suck. All that power and this is what you came up with? Give me that crown and I'll show you how to create!"

#5 2011-12-03 23:31:08

LAoW
Completely Blotto

This is the usual now. On occasions, someone will pop up and a conversation might get started, but it's awfully quiet around here more often than not. How's things?

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#6 2011-12-04 18:19:50

Articmedic68
Tipsy

Thats because everyone is busy reading the stories..

#7 2011-12-04 20:45:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Oh, come now.  There aren't that many stories here...

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#8 2011-12-05 04:41:37

Cly
Inebriated
Website

*giggles at Eric* I could change that.... I've only posted my shorties thus far, wanting to see how I would be received, though I don't know whether the lack of comments is a good or bad thing, or even if the small number of views is bad. I have a bunch more stories.

Oh, and LAoW, it goes good. had a long weekend working. 12 hours of standing on concrete floors, dodging forklifts and getting my feet run over by pallet jacks. Otherwise, I guess I'm good. Cannot wait til my book is finished and published, will not have to work at such a wretched place again.

#9 2011-12-05 04:59:21

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Cly wrote:

Cannot wait til my book is finished and published, will not have to work at such a wretched place again.

Are you secretly J.K. Rowling? @.@

#10 2011-12-05 08:22:39

Imagineer
Wasted

Writing an expose on warehousing? Be careful -- remember what happened to the Ark of the Covenant?

#11 2011-12-06 02:23:18

Cly
Inebriated
Website

LAoW wrote:

Cly wrote:

Cannot wait til my book is finished and published, will not have to work at such a wretched place again.

Are you secretly J.K. Rowling? @.@

No, but I plan to be bigger and better known than she. I plan on being the next Lucas. I plan on putting those blue aliens in their places. And I plan on changing the way people view sex in literature. Dunno how, but with a dream and an action, the possibilities are endless, right?

#12 2011-12-06 02:27:08

Cly
Inebriated
Website

Imagineer wrote:

Writing an expose on warehousing? Be careful -- remember what happened to the Ark of the Covenant?

LOL, no. I was just saying that as a vent. Was kinda ticked off yesterday because none of my roommates seem to care about how hard I work over a weekend just because they have 9-5 jobs over a week. Not to mention, they get to have music at their warehouse, and they aren't breathing in "organic cereal dust" for 12 hours a day. Mmmmm, organic boogers!

#13 2011-12-17 23:50:45

Colorado
Inebriated

But back to the point yes this place is too quiet especially after keeping myself up to date on all of it usually I have stuff I missed so that I can use it as a procrastinating agent...
I know for one thing I am glad that we do have people looking at items...(lurking is the easiest hobby. I should know since I did it for nearly 5 years here but it would get a ton better if all us lurkers participated*COUGH)

#14 2012-05-15 05:40:41

Kitsune
Inebriated

This place has so many great stories that i hate seeing the forums being so quiet so i guess this would be a good thread to revive to see if i can get more people talking here.

#15 2012-05-15 22:06:13

LAoW
Completely Blotto

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/wellgood128399780854874682.jpg

#16 2012-05-16 02:30:08

Cly
Inebriated
Website

Awwwwww! Kitty!

#17 2012-05-16 23:17:49

celf
Wasted

Cly wrote:

Awwwwww! Kitty!

i 2nd the Awwwwww! Kitty! comment

#18 2012-06-23 09:55:57

Colorado
Inebriated

And yet the kitty successfully blocked the revival.

#19 2012-06-23 17:28:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yeah... don't blame it on the kitty.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#20 2012-07-31 21:22:06

Cly
Inebriated
Website

I blame the kitty. I blame all kitties. They are so cute and numerous and I have too few hands.... can't type and pet kitties at the same time... and the kitties, they are ninjas! They have taken over my brain! They demand I pet them... They all demand I pet them... and feed them... and... I... cannot... resist... can no longer type... kitties call....

#21 2012-08-01 02:30:42

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

I agree with the dead air. Maybe the community just needs to expand or something. LOL. Yeah I know that was massively helpful. I check the forum everyday to see if anyone has posted something to reply to. Though I probably should maybe come up with some topics myself see if I can stimulate people haha. Stimulate... good word. AWWW KITTYYY...

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

#22 2012-08-01 21:36:06

LAoW
Completely Blotto

From someone else's post, directly from one of Eric's chapters, I don't know as people actually KNOW about the forum. They have the story pages bookmarked, but never go looking for anything more.

#23 2012-08-15 15:17:31

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

Yea, I tend to have issues finding the forum directly from the site, I bookmarked it a while ago so i can just hope straight to it. I love forums. I grew up on them.

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

#24 2012-08-15 19:28:10

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

@.@

The link to the forum is on the menu under "Communicate"... isn't that what we're supposed to be doing here?  In the new site, it may or may not be in a submenu again.  There are too many pages NOT to have submenus.

The original design of this site was such that the forum was supposed to support the stories, which is why there are forum threads on the story pages... but the truth is that most people visit the forum a LOT more often than they visit the primary site.  Most people never even see the main page of the site after their first visit.

Cly: I should have commented on this earlier, but I must have missed your post somehow.  Short stories here, like all the other places I've visited, draw far less interest than multi-chapter stories.  You'll find that a novel will do much better than a short, even if you look at the per-chapter downloads.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#25 2012-08-16 19:39:20

LordMhoram
Tipsy

I knew about the forums but didn't really go investigate.  I did have the issue that when an message appeared at the top of the main page (the "keep him in your thoughts...") I would try to click on it but it never went anywhere.  I took a minute today to try to track it down and went into the forum and found the message.

Since I was here I thought I'd read some of the posts.  Along the way reading led to writing... 3dsmile

Board footer