The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-04 19:49:50

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Talon Saga, Book 1: Heart of the Demon, The

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2016-01-08 20:15:04

Daddycums
Wasted

Re: Talon Saga, Book 1: Heart of the Demon, The

Book 1 is finished, so if you've been waiting to read it, now's your chance.

Note that these books are not episodic.  You need to read all 8 books of the Talon Saga to get the whole story.

If that sounds like an ambitious project and you think I might abandon it halfway through, don't worry.  The first draft of all the books are finished, so now I'm just editing.  That's going quick enough that it shouldn't slow down my posting schedule.

Just to let you know how fast you can expect the books to be uploaded to the site, I plan to upload each book over the course of a week, with a few chapters each on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Then I will wait a week between books to give my readers a chance to catch up.

That works out to about two books a month, which means you can expect the final book to be uploaded some time in April.

If you're curious about the themes I explore in the saga, check out my Progress Report topic.

Enjoy!

#3 2016-01-09 15:41:03

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Enjoyed the first book. Now got to wait another week plus. Hope all are as good as this one was.

#4 2016-01-13 03:16:55

Daddycums
Wasted

thehilz wrote:

Enjoyed the first book. Now got to wait another week plus. Hope all are as good as this one was.

Thanks!

Although I can't guarantee you'll think they're all as good as this one, I've at least made an effort to keep them all the same quality.  So if you liked the first book, I think you'll like the others.

#5 2016-01-13 21:37:32

Rescue25
Wasted

Unusual but very nice.  Looking forward to book 2.

B

(posted from Chapter 10: Slumber)

#6 2016-01-14 21:19:32

Daddycums
Wasted

Rescue25 wrote:

Unusual but very nice.  Looking forward to book 2.

B

Thanks!  That's exactly what I was going for.  I try to make all my books unusual, in the sense that there's no point in writing them if someone else has already written something similar, and possibly just as good.  Of course, in the fantasy genre there's plenty of room for even more creativity, so I've tried to capitalize on it.  In particular, Talon is not your typical hero.

I've always enjoyed the beauty-and-the-beast theme in fantasy stories, and the Talon Saga definitely plays to that theme, especially in the first book.  Talon is quite the dynamic character, and you'll see some major changes in him before it's over, although he never completely leaves his true nature behind, as you'll see in the next book.  I hope you enjoy it!

#7 2017-04-26 17:24:46

Pureleaf
Inebriated

Quite different from your usual works, but I enjoyed it none the less. The first passages during Talon's initial awakening were among some of the most interesting. I'm somewhat surprised you separated Elindra and Talon (although I am guessing it won't be permanent) since you usually always like to create a happy ending. That being said, I must say I was glad it wasn't a picture perfect ending.

Overall, great as always. I've never enjoyed fantasy, and I must admit, I'm reading this not because I enjoy the genre, or because I enjoyed the erotica (although it is as great as always), but because I enjoy you as an author. I hope there are many more to come, and I am looking forward to the next 7 books.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#8 2018-01-13 20:19:57

Dezerae
Tipsy

I really love this story. Thank you for writing it.

(posted from Chapter 9: The Curse)

Board footer