The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-19 03:54:04

Daddycums
Wasted

Progress Report

With the recent loss of the forums, the thread about my latest project has disappeared, so I'm re-creating it now.  This topic will be sort of my journal of my writing, so I'll post new updates periodically.  In the mean time, feel free to comment here.  I mean it.  I love comments.

I've been working on a project for a couple of years now (yes, years) that's nearly complete.  It's a fantasy adventure series called "The Talon Saga."  It consists of eight novels, and takes place in a Tolkien-style fantasy world I invented called Nubilia.  In case you're wondering, yes, that's a play on the word "nubile."  It's kind of my sandbox for merging my love of erotica with my love of fantasy adventure stories.

I won't give anything away about the plot of the story, but I can give a few hints.  By the Wolfpub content rating guidelines, this one's a solid X.  There's a lot of explicit sex, though it's not really a sex story.  It's an adventure story.  To give you an idea of what to expect, imagine a story written in the style of Edgar Rice Burroughs but in a Lord of the Rings style fantasy world.  There's swashbuckling adventure, monsters, magic, and scantily (if at all) clad damsels in distress.

The books are not episodic.  Each book is a different adventure, but there's not a real resolution until the end of the eighth book.  In fact, several of the stories end on a cliffhanger.

The books will include at least one of each of the following: demons, dragons, mermaids, fairies, heroes, villains, more demons, sorceresses, witches, zombies, ghosts, gods and goddesses, paladins, warrior women, even more demons, nymphs, satyrs, bandits, gorgons, doppelgangers, cat girls (sort of), elves, priestesses, and lots of demons.

The "naughty" themes you can expect to find in the story are the following:

--Nudity.  There are major sections of many of the books where the characters run around naked, and in one book in particular, the two main characters are nude from beginning to end.
--Sex.  Although it's explicit, it's as tasteful as the subject matter will allow.  If you want to know what I mean by that, read some of my other stories.  I believe in writing the highest quality I can even in my erotica.
--Polyamory.  There's a harem subplot in the Talon Saga.  I'll tell you right up front that the male hero ends up with multiple women.
--Lesbians.  Many of the women in the Talon Saga are bisexual, or end up bisexual by the end of the story.  Don't expect any male homosexuality.  That really turns me off, so I won't ever put it in my erotica.
--Incest.  If you've read my other stories, this should come as no surprise to you.  Close family members have sex with each other in this series.
--Pedophilia.  Okay, it's not true pedophilia because all the characters are at least pubescent, which doesn't really fit the technical definition.  But the hero does have sex with at least one preteen girl.
--Bestiality.  Women have sex with animals.  This is a new theme I'm exploring, which hasn't really appeared in my stories before.  As with the other themes, it's done tastefully.
--Lactation.  In Nubilia, Ciralil elf milk is considered a delicacy, especially when drunk straight from the source.
--Oral sex.  Both fellatio and cunnilingus.
--Rape.  The story doesn't glorify rape; in fact, it does just the opposite.  These scenes are designed to show just how bad the bad guys truly are, so you're glad when they get their comeuppance.
--Torture.  I'm not into mutilation or anything like that, so the torture is actually mild by most standards.  It leaves no lasting marks and the victims recover from it fairly quickly.

Here are the titles of the books, along with progress, rough word count, and a very brief description.

Book 1: Heart of the Demon.  Rough draft finished.  67,000+ words.  A wilderness adventure with an unusual love story.
Book 2: Slave of the Witch.  Rough draft finished.  68.000+ words.  A post-apocalyptic wasteland adventure.  Yes, it's still fantasy, not science fiction.
Book 3: Secret of the Faewood.  Rough draft finished.  70,000+ words.  A woodland adventure in a magical forest.
Book 4: Dungeon of the Forgotten.  Rough draft finished.  65,000+ words.  A dungeon crawl.  'Nuff said.
Book 5: Fall of the Paladin.  Rough draft finished.  69,000 words.  A wilderness adventure.
Book 6: Champion of the Hunt.  Rough draft finished.  68,000+ words.  A wilderness/mountain adventure.
Book 7: Lord of the Harem.  Not finished, but close.  77,000+ words and counting.  Lots of sex in this one.  So much so that I'm finding it hard to fit in a plot.
Book 8: War of the Shadows.  Not finished, but close.  69,000+ words and counting.  An epic battle.  Every fantasy story has to end with one of these, right?

Now, when can you expect this story to be available to read?

First, I will not begin posting until at least the rough drafts of all the books are finished.  I hate to read unfinished stories, especially if they're abandoned before I tire of them.  I will not subject my readers to an abandoned story, so I will finish it completely before I begin posting.  Once I begin posting, you can be assured that the saga exists in its entirety somewhere in the universe, so unless I get hit by a bus, eventually all 80 chapters will be available to download and read.

That said, I've been kind of lazy these past few months, so I haven't written as much as I should have.  I'm trying to do better, but I can't make any promises.  If I had to make a guess, I would say you should start looking for it in a couple of months.

When I begin posting, I intend to do it according to the following schedule:

I will upload 1 book every 2 weeks.  On Monday, I will upload the first few chapters of the book.  On Wednesday I will upload the middle chapters, and on Friday I will upload the final chapters of the book.  Then I'll skip a week between books.  I'll try to stick to that schedule, although I can't guarantee it.

This should hopefully satisfy different types of readers.  If you're the type who wants to read the chapters as soon as they come out, you'll have at least two new chapters each weekday.  If you want to wait until each book is uploaded completely, you can download them on Friday.  If you're the type who can read a book in a day (and these books are, in my opinion, easy to read), you can spend all day Saturday reading each book.  And if you want to wait until the entire series is uploaded, the posting should take about 4 months in total.

I might post some tidbits of information about the world of Nubilia or the Talon Saga in future posts in this topic.  If there's anything you would like to know in particular, go ahead and post here.  I won't give away any details about the story, but I am willing to talk about it in general terms.

#2 2015-10-19 16:09:18

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Progress Report

This is just a technical note concerning terms as they apply here at The Pub:  (I have no idea how this may or may not apply to your novels.  I just want to make sure the terminology is clear.)

pedophilia:  a person, age 12 or below, is coerced or tricked into sex by someone at least 18 years old.
young: a person, age 12 or below, has sex of their own free will with someone, regardless of age.

This may not be how the law interprets them, or how psychiatry interprets them, but it's how we make the distinction for the readership, as we consider it an important point whether the young person was a voluntary or involuntary partner.

Eric Storm

PS:  As concerns mind control and the term "voluntary":  This depends on how it is depicted in the story.  If they are controlled into believing they want sex, we still consider it voluntary.  If they are controlled into physically acting, without adjusting their mental state, it's involuntary.  (If their mental state was such that they were already willing... then what mind control was actually necessary?  3dwink )

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2015-10-20 04:28:08

Daddycums
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

This is just a technical note concerning terms as they apply here at The Pub:  (I have no idea how this may or may not apply to your novels.  I just want to make sure the terminology is clear.)

pedophilia:  a person, age 12 or below, is coerced or tricked into sex by someone at least 18 years old.
young: a person, age 12 or below, has sex of their own free will with someone, regardless of age.

This may not be how the law interprets them, or how psychiatry interprets them, but it's how we make the distinction for the readership, as we consider it an important point whether the young person was a voluntary or involuntary partner.

Eric Storm

PS:  As concerns mind control and the term "voluntary":  This depends on how it is depicted in the story.  If they are controlled into believing they want sex, we still consider it voluntary.  If they are controlled into physically acting, without adjusting their mental state, it's involuntary.  (If their mental state was such that they were already willing... then what mind control was actually necessary?  3dwink )

Good to know.  If you count scenes that happen off screen, then there is definitely pedophilia in the Talon Saga.  If not, the series is right on the border between the two terms, depending upon how you define "coerce."  For instance, what would you call a scene on the wedding night of an arranged marriage between a grown man and a 12-year-old girl where neither of them are happy about the arrangement, yet they go through with it out of duty?  Would that count as coercion?

I'm still calling it pedophilia because I'd rather use the more extreme tag and risk disappointing readers who were looking for something a little more hardcore, than use the less extreme tag and risk offending them.

#4 2015-10-20 05:18:48

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No, because she's not being coerced *by her partner*.  Obviously I don't know the scenario, but just because you're unhappy doing what you're doing, doesn't mean you're not doing it of your own free will.  We all occasionally have to "bite the bullet" and do things we really would rather not.

As to things that happen off-screen, I personally wouldn't label them (at least in story codes) at all.

I can certainly understand the "don't want to offend the readers" concept... though I'm not sure too many people who are looking for "young" are going to be overly offended by "pedo", unless they're looking for two kids having sex.  (Which still falls under "young", if they're under 13...)

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure the terms were clear.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2015-11-11 06:59:13

Daddycums
Wasted

I just passed 560,000 words on the Talon Saga, so I figured it's time for an update.

It's funny how my projects tend to grow out of my control.  This is no exception.  My original plan was 8 books, 10 chapters per book, and an average of 6,000 words per chapter.  8*10*6000 = 480,000 words total in the Talon Saga.

However, no one has ever accused me of being concise.  I shot past my target and re-set my goals several times, finally settling on 550,000 words as my final goal.  Well, I'm already 10,000 words past that.  Now my goal is no longer measured in word count, but just in getting the damn thing finished!

Progress is slow, and unfortunately anything but steady.  Right now my short-term goal is just to get back into the habit of writing.  I figure once I get back to my usual pace of a thousand words a day, it shouldn't take me more than a couple of weeks to finish the rough drafts of the last two unfinished books.

Anyway, I'm nearly finished with Book 7, Lord of the Harem.  By tomorrow I expect it to hit 80,000 words, the longest book in the series by far.  I have only two chapters left to finish in that book, and as usual the sex scenes are the last parts for me to finish.  Of course, since Book 7 is densely packed full of sex scenes, that's not surprising.

Book 8, War of the Shadows, still has five unfinished chapters.  However, I've already surpassed my target of 6,000 words in all the remaining chapters, so it's just a matter of finishing the scenes.  With luck, I'll start posting the story by Christmas time, only a year behind my original target date.

#6 2015-11-13 04:57:33

Daddycums
Wasted

I know it's only been a day since my last update, but I just wanted to make a quick report.  I just finished the first draft of Book 7, Lord of the Harem.  That leaves just five chapters to finish in Book 8, War of the Shadows.  Hopefully those will go quickly.

I think from now on, I'll post a new update each time I finish a chapter.  I'm hoping that means only a few days between posts, but I can't promise anything.

#7 2015-11-17 05:23:55

Daddycums
Wasted

Another quick update.  I finished another chapter tonight.  That puts me 4 chapters away from finishing the Talon Saga!  Yay!

As to when I'll start posting once I finish, that's another matter entirely, because I still have to edit.  The editing won't take anywhere near as long, but it's not a trivial matter either.  It's possible I may have to write more scenes to fill in some "I wish I had done it this way" parts.  Even in cases where I don't have to do that, I figure a chapter a day is about all I can handle.

I won't necessarily finish editing all the books before I start posting; that would take at least 80 days because there are 80 chapters.  However, I do want a good head start because I don't want my posting to catch up to my editing.

If I stick with my original plan of posting a complete book every 2 weeks, that gives me 14 days to edit each book if I want to keep pace.  Factoring in a day or two each week when I won't be able to edit an entire chapter (or any at all) that should be just about right.

If I finish the first draft by the end of November, which is looking very likely, and I spend all December editing (factoring in time off for vacations), I figure I can get through at least the first 2 books in the saga.  That may or may not be enough of a head start, but if I decide I can keep up that pace in editing without burning out, I might begin posting the story at the start of the new year.

So let's make it official.

I plan to start posting the Talon Saga in January.

#8 2015-11-19 05:22:10

Daddycums
Wasted

I said I would post a new update every time I finish a chapter, so here's another one.

3 chapters to go!

Don't expect daily updates from now on, because I've run out of "easy" chapters to finish.  The last few I've been working on were nearly done except for closing a scene or linking it to the next scene.

I have 2 full sex scenes to write, plus a few miscellaneous pieces to the last chapter in the saga.  I still haven't decided the details of the ending.  By that I don't mean I don't know how I'm going to conclude the story; I've already written the resolution to the plot, so it's just a matter of deciding how much of a denouement I need.

I figure it's about 2 days' work on each of the remaining chapters, so my goal of having the first draft finished by the end of the month is looking about right.

#9 2015-11-22 05:45:37

Daddycums
Wasted

Another chapter finished.  2 more to go!

My short-term goal is to write the last sex scene in the Talon Saga (wow!  I never thought I'd be in a position to say that) tomorrow.  That gives me Monday and Tuesday to work on the last chapter.  I'll be on vacation all Thanksgiving weekend starting Wednesday night, so I won't have any time to work on the story again until the 30th if I don't finish it by Tuesday.

That still leaves me all December to get a head start on my editing before I start posting in January.

I can't believe I'm almost finished with this damn thing!

#10 2015-11-23 06:14:21

Daddycums
Wasted

1 more chapter to go!

I've finally finished the last of the sex scenes, a somewhat gratuitous lesbian scene that wasn't strictly necessary but did make a good payoff for a certain developing relationship that was only hinted at previously.  It was subtle enough that most readers probably wouldn't have minded if those two characters never got together, but I just felt there would be something missing if I didn't write that scene.

Now I just have to tie up the loose ends in the last chapter and figure out the last few paragraphs of the story.  That's sometimes the hardest part for me, because the ending of the story is very important.  It's the last memory the reader has of it.  A weak ending won't necessarily hurt a strong story, but a strong ending can magnify the reader's admiration for the book.

Fortunately, I have two days to work on it if I plan to finish it by Thanksgiving weekend.  That may or may not give me enough time to come up with the perfect ending, but even if I don't, I can always rewrite the last few chapters later as I'm editing.  Just getting the first draft finished will be a major accomplishment in itself.

Speaking of editing, I'm not really satisfied with the last two books.  Book 7, Lord of the Harem, is the longest book in the series and yet not much happens.  Aside from lots of sex.  And Book 8, War of the Shadows, is just the opposite.  Events that should be days or weeks apart run by at lightning speed, and it feels like the book is just getting started when suddenly it gets to the end.  I may end up doing some serious rewriting of both those books.

Hopefully that won't interfere with my posting schedule.  If it looks like I can keep up the pace of editing a chapter a day, there should still be plenty of time to make those changes before I have to start posting them.  They are the last two books of the series after all.

#11 2015-11-25 04:43:05

Daddycums
Wasted

THE TALON SAGA IS FINISHED!!!

And there was much rejoicing.

3dbig_smile3dbig_smile3dbig_smile3dbig_smile3dbig_smile3dbig_smile3dbig_smile3dbig_smile

Okay, my jubilation may be a little premature.  Only the first draft is finished.  I still have to proof and edit, which I'm guessing will take 3-4 months, because I'm not just going to run it through a spell checker and call it good.  I will review every chapter, every scene, every paragraph, every sentence to see if there's a better way to say it.  I will trim out unneeded scenes or exposition, rewrite some of the ones I'm not satisfied with, and possibly even write some new scenes.  Don't worry, though.  I won't wait until it's all edited before I start posting the story.  I still plan to begin in January.

Now that I've finished the first draft, it's time to start posting a few teasers about the story.  I'll admit I haven't been very forthcoming so far with details about the story, but there's a good reason for that.  The Talon Saga is full of plot twists.  Many of them are so integral to the story that even giving more than a vague description of the plot or characters would ruin the surprise.

That said, I think the completion of the first draft deserves a little more in this thread than a brief update on my progress, so I'm going to tell you a little about some of the main characters.

Talon is the main hero.  The story is told primarily through his eyes, although we'll spend plenty of time in the heads of the other characters as well.  On the surface, he appears to be your typical fantasy hero: big, strong, handsome, and good with the ladies.  However, there is a darkness in his soul, an evil that is always trying to escape.  One of the major themes of the story is how he not only deals with that evil, but makes use of it.

Elindra is a sorceress in training.  She's particularly skilled in a rare branch of magic that makes her a formidable ally and enemy.  The first book is mostly her story, though she'll have less prominence in the subsequent books.

Krylda is a paladin of Kaul, God of Justice.  Kaul has a presence in most kingdoms of Nubilia, but he is strongest in the kingdom of Sorathale, where the last half of the saga takes place.  The paladins of Kaul are the police force of Sorathale, protecting the kingdom from bandits and highwaymen, as well as from the demons that wander the wilderness.

Leyli is a young girl with a mysterious past.  She may not be as strong as Krylda or as magically talented as Elindra, but she has a profound effect on Talon after a traumatic event in the middle books that leaves him without a sense of purpose.  Not only does she give him strength of purpose, but she helps to gather his allies who will prove to be his greatest friends through the rest of the saga.

You'll notice that of the four characters mentioned above, only one is male.  The Talon Saga has a major harem theme.  It focuses on the relationship between one man and multiple women.  None of this monogamous romance nonsense you'll see in mainstream fantasy stories.  Since this is meant to be an X-rated fantasy story anyway, why not break the mold and go with something unusual and likely to offend a lot of women and probably a few men as well?  As a writer of erotica, I figure if I'm not offending someone I'm probably not doing my job right.  Muahahahaha!misch_smiley

Last edited by Daddycums (2015-11-25 04:45:01)

#12 2015-12-01 17:43:42

Archangel1962
Wasted

I find it sad that you have a 40 year old man jumping up and down like a giddy school girl in anticipation.

BALLAD of The US Navy SEAL Teams
Im a lover, a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver. Last of the bare-knuckle fighters.
No muff too tough, I dive for five, tuck, suck, fuck, nibble and chew.I dine and interwine, masturbate, ejaculate and copulate.Been around the world twice, and talked to everyone once. Seen two white whales fuck, and been to two pigmy picnics.Met a man from Nantucket with a marble head and wooden cock, and ladies, if you dont like my face you can sit on it.

#13 2015-12-02 02:48:40

Daddycums
Wasted

Archangel1962 wrote:

I find it sad that you have a 40 year old man jumping up and down like a giddy school girl in anticipation.

If you think that's bad, you should have seen me when I put the final "THE END" on the last book.

I've been editing the past few days, and it looks like my plan of editing one chapter per day should be easy to accomplish.  I can even go two chapters in a day if I'm feeling particularly ambitious.  I'm already halfway through the first book.  So barring any emergencies (knock on wood) I believe I should have at least the first two books finalized by the end of December, just like I expected.

With that in mind, I've come up with a tentative posting schedule starting on the first Monday in January.  I'm dividing the chapters into three sets for each books, posting on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, with a week-long break between each book so readers can catch up.    I'll try to stick to this as closely as possible, but I can't guarantee anything.

The divisions between chapters are different for each book because the chapter breaks I've chosen are good places to leave the readers with a bit of suspense and anticipation for the next few chapters, which will hopefully give them something to look forward to during the week.

Book 1: Heart of the Demon
January 4: Chapters 1-2
January 6: Chapters 3-6
Jnauary 8: Chapters 7-10

Book 2: Slave of the Witch
January 18: Chapters 1-4
January 20: Chapters 5-8
January 22: Chapters 9-10

Book 3: Secret of the Faewood
February 1: Chapters 1-4
February 3: Chapters 5-7
February 5: Chapters 8-10

Book 4: Dungeon of the Forgotten
February 15: Chapters 1-2
February 17: Chapters 3-6
February 19: Chapters 7-10

Book 5: Fall of the Paladin
February 29: Chapters 1-4
March 2: Chapters 5-7
March 4: Chapters 8-10

Book 6: Champion of the Hunt
March 14: Chapters 1-3
March 16: Chapters 4-6
March 18: Chapters 7-10

Book 7: Lord of the Harem
March 28: Chapters 1-2
March 30: Chapters 3-6
April 1: Chapters 7-10

Book 8: War of the Shadows
April 11: Chapters 1-3
April 13: Chapters 4-7
April 15: Chapters 8-10

#14 2015-12-07 05:18:04

Daddycums
Wasted

It's official.  I've finished editing Book 1, so aside from formatting it for upload to the Pub, it's in its final form.  I should start posting it early next month.

Final count for Book 1: 67,932 words.

Although I can't tell you much about the story without giving spoilers, I can at least give you a taste of how the first book starts.  I posted this once, before the loss of the forums, but here it is again.  This is the story description that will appear here on the Pub for Book 1, Heart of the Demon.

Fifteen-year-old Elindra has dreams of becoming a sorceress, and has been training as apprentice to the sorceress Myrala.  But Myrala has unwholesome appetites, and abuses her authority to take sexual advantage of her young ward.  Elindra endures it as long as she can, but one day Myrala goes too far.  In a panic, Elindra casts a spell that slays her, but not before the woman can curse Elindra that she'll die on the summer solstice.

With only seventeen days of spring left, Elindra sets out on a quest to find a way to neutralize the curse.  The wilds of Nubilia are dangerous and the task seems hopeless, until she encounters the most unlikely of allies...

#15 2015-12-14 07:03:30

Daddycums
Wasted

I just finished editing Book 2, Slave of the Witch.  Since I had decided to start posting in January if I finished editing the first 2 books by the end of December and determined I could edit a chapter a day, there's no more "probably" about beginning to upload in January.

Final word count of Book 2: 69360 words.

It's possible I might even finish editing Book 3 by the end of December.  I have over 2 weeks to do it, and 10 chapters.  Christmas will take away a couple of days, as will weekends because I have plans for each weekend for the rest of the month, but it's still an achievable goal.

With that, I'd like to take some time to talk about what you can expect out of the Talon Saga.

First, let's talk about sex.  By this site's guidelines, most of the stories are rated X.  There is graphic yet tasteful sex in each of the books.  However, the sex is not the point of the books; it's an adventure story first and foremost.  You may go 5 or 6 chapters without a sex scene, and in a book of only 10 chapters, that's a significant part of the story.  The exception is Book 7, which may cross the line into XX, but none of the books are XXX.  Honestly, don't read these stories if you're expecting titillation in every chapter.

Now let's talk about characters.  I already mentioned that this is a harem story.  Reading the first book might set up the expectation that the saga is about Talon and Elindra.  It is not.  Talon has many lovers during the course of the saga, and I will tell you up front that not all will appear in every book (and there's a very good reason for that).  However, if you're familiar with my other writings, you know that characters in my stories don't just move on from old relationships; if two people fall in love, you can be assured that they will end up together permanently.  So don't worry if one of your favorite characters is absent for several books.  Chances are, she'll return before the end.

Now let's talk about themes.  These stories are mostly of the sword-and-sorcery variety, which is defined as fantasy stories that don't deal with world-changing events.  The adventures are of a more personal nature, mostly having consequences for only a few characters.  The Talon Saga doesn't entirely fit into that category however, especially in the last two books.  The characters will interact with gods and form alliances involving the politics of entire kingdoms.  However, at it's core the saga is the tale of one man.

Now let's talk about tone.  As I mentioned before, I've attempted to tell a story in the style of Edgar Rice Burroughs (Tarzan, John Carter of Mars, The Land that Time Forgot) in a Tolkien-style fantasy world.  It's not a comedy, and in fact I can't think of a single humorous moment in the saga, but neither is it heavy and serious.  We're not talking Game of Thrones here.  I wouldn't exactly call it light, but in my opinion the books are easy to read.  Note that there are some dark scenes, some violent and even gory, but those don't really define the saga.  This is an adventure story, plain and simple.

Finally, I should mention this: The Talon Saga is not episodic.  You can't read just one book out of the series and expect to have a complete story.  They are 8 separate adventures, true, but only the 8th book ends at a point where you can consider the story finished.  In fact, several of the books (1, 3, and 6 in particular come to mind) end on cliffhangers.  If you're the type of person who likes to read books right as they come out and love anticipating and speculating about what will happen next, then feel free to read the stories as I post them.  If instead you're the type of person who doesn't like to read unfinished stories, the individual stories won't satisfy you, so you might want to wait until April when I upload the last of the books and you can read them all together.

#16 2015-12-30 06:13:28

Daddycums
Wasted

Just a brief update for no particular reason.

I was hoping to finish editing Book 3 before the end of December, but I've been slacking off, so it looks like it's not going to happen.  However, I still intend to start posting at the beginning of January.

The first upload will be only 2 chapters because the event at the end of Chapter of Book 1 is what really sets up the plot of the rest of the saga.  Plus it's a great teaser, because it will really leave you wondering what happens next.

I don't know how many people are still waiting for this story (and I apologize to anyone who got tired of waiting during my hiatus this spring), but for those who haven't given up, you can be assured that in less than a week's time, you'll have a new story to start reading.  I can't guarantee you'll enjoy it, but I can guarantee I've put an insane amount of effort into it to make it the best I can.

#17 2016-01-04 19:58:17

Daddycums
Wasted

The first two chapters of the Talon Saga are now uploaded!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited, I'm going to add a few more exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!

This may be my last post in the Progress Report topic, at least for discussing the Talon Saga.  All future discussion should be directed to the topics for the individual books of the saga.

#18 2016-03-31 04:58:05

Daddycums
Wasted

THE TALON SAGA IS FINISHED!

And there was much rejoicing.  Again.

3dbig_smile3dbig_smile3dbig_smile3dbig_smile3dbig_smile3dbig_smile3dbig_smile3dbig_smile

This time it really is finished.  I finally have all the editing done, so now it's just a matter of posting it.  No more proofing, no more chasing down inconsistencies and contradictions, no more culling unnecessary scenes and adding extra scenes to fix the pacing.  IT"S ALL FINISHED!!!

Editing the last book was a chore, but I had expected that.  Things happened way too fast, and I had to rewrite significant portions to make it feel as if there's a middle and not just a beginning and end.  Actually, I was surprised at how little I had to change.  I only wrote two extra full scenes and a couple dozen extra paragraphs.  All told, I probably added about half a chapter's worth of material.

Now I can stop worrying about this project that's literally taken me several years to complete, and start making plans to work on some of my other ones.  I have a few stories in mind that are more along the lines of the classic Daddycums.  Not to mention all my other non-writing projects that I've been putting off while trying to complete this story.

But first, I'm going to take a break and not work on anything for a while.  I've earned it.

3dbig_smile

#19 2016-04-02 10:04:28

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Enjoy your break

#20 2016-04-15 19:36:51

Daddycums
Wasted

THE TALON SAGA IS UPLOADED!

And there was much rejoicing.  A third time.

You can now read the Talon Saga in its entirety, right here on the Wolfpub.  This closes a project that has taken me several years and countless hours to complete.  Eventually I will post it on other sites as well, but as long as it exists somewhere online in its entirety, I can consider it finished.

Board footer