Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-24 16:44:30

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

My Second Life

My Second Life

Another back to the stone ages story. Watch John Milton, formerly a tired old man, try to take advantage of a second chance at youth and vitality. Only he has to do it on a wild and violent pre-historic world. Future chapters will have violence and possibly off scene sexual violence and rape.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2012-06-26 20:08:23

Umbra
Tipsy

Re: My Second Life

All your stories seem to be magnificent. Hope you continue

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#3 2012-06-28 13:41:47

jralston78
Inebriated

Wow I read all you have posted on hope like hello you keep this story going it is awesome... Lol love the work keep it coming please.

#4 2012-06-29 12:49:01

RED_FOX87
Inebriated

Yet another great story. Are you new here? Because i can't believe I hadn't noticed your work before if it was here. So far all your stories have been great, and I think this one is my favorite. It's funny, but as soon as John got the map showing the other drop sites I thought that it would be great if another guy gets a lot of weapons, and sets himself up a god to the primitive people and becomes a warlord. Looks like it might be what that guy was thinking.
btw, small thing, but I think you might have made a mistake with mr. cranky's name later on in the story. In about chapter 4 I think, you said his name was Saga, but later on John kills a guy named Sodon, and then starts referring to him as mr. cranky, so it got a little confusing.

But other than that, great story, and also I like the humor in all your stories, very subtle, but funny nonetheless. Can't wait to see more of this story (and any others you have that you might have not posted yet 3dbig_smile )

Sex is good, Sex is fine, Doggystyle Or 69, For having fun Or getting paid, Everyone likes Getting laid.

#5 2012-06-29 16:42:22

Veritas
Wasted
Website

I'm glad people are liking my work!

I'm a new writer here, but I've been a member since the beginning of the pub.  I started posting my work around a year ago over at Storiesonline and seeing as I've received almost nothing but positive reviews and feedback, I decided to see if the people here would like it.

John is going to meet a few other people from earth.  Later chapters will follow a long war against rival and allied earthlings and their cavemen followers.

I'll recheck the story to see if there are any mistakes around Mr. Cranky's name.  If there is, it might be a while until I post a correction though.

#6 2012-06-29 18:24:15

Medallion
Tipsy

Awesome!  I love the story, can't wait for a new chapter! 3dsmile

#7 2012-07-02 18:53:40

Freon22
Wasted

I agree, Awesome story. Please keep it coming.

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

― Abraham Lincoln

#8 2012-07-12 22:43:44

zooplbr
Tipsy

Great Read so far!

(posted from Chapter 7)

#9 2012-08-13 14:38:51

lordanubis
Inebriated

great story! Can't wait for the updates to start rolling in!

(posted from Chapter 7)

LordAnubis

#10 2012-10-10 02:27:47

robert49
Tipsy

nice story wish there was more of it

(posted from Chapter 7)

#11 2012-11-19 08:53:42

Otaku
Inebriated

I read what you have so far when you first posted it here a while back.  one thing that surprised me was that he didn't include silencers on his wishlist for his guns.  a loud gun would frighten away animals or alert others to your pesence.  I would think silent and deadly would be the priority in surviving an untamed land.

#12 2012-11-19 19:04:05

Veritas
Wasted
Website

Sure that makes sense, but remember, John is a middle class office worker, with little to no practical experience with wilderness survival.  The closest first hand experience he has, is when he used to go camping and hunting in his teens.  All of is planning is based on knowledge gained mainly from books and TV.

You should fully expect him to make a lot of mistakes.  I plan on having him get really hurt sometime in the future and forced to convalesce for weeks to months; his plans for living a relatively peaceful life of solitude will go down the toilet; he won't always easily or even outright beat the opponents he goes up against; and people he cares about will die.

#13 2017-06-29 15:48:44

coalbuckety
Inebriated

Very nicely done. In a word perfection.

(posted from Chapter 8)

Board footer