The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-14 05:04:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Scene separators

I was talking with LAoW last night, and I realized that she didn't know what my different scene separators meant.  I figured if she didn't know, then probably others didn't, either.

I have two scene separators.  The first one is:

-----

This one represents a change in time of day, or in character perspective.  (For instance, if I were to change from one character who is in one place, to another person who is spying on the first, I would use this separator.)

My other separator is:

~~≈≡≈~~~≈≡≈~~~≈≡≈~~

This is what I call the "day separator".  If I use this one, regardless of what else has happened, the day has changed.  A change in perspective may accompany this change in day, but there will be a change in day, when this separator is used.

Anyway, I just thought it might be helpful if this was elaborated on.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2011-06-14 21:22:49

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Re: Scene separators

Uhhh...yeah. Thanks for that. 3dsad

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#3 2011-06-14 23:49:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

3dtongue

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2012-11-12 20:05:10

Wicked Storm
Completely Blotto

You know I appreciated this. I am a detail whore even if my grammar is terrible and often my spelling. But I see things that authors do and they often don't explain it and it is often unique to each author. So thank you so much for the explanation about this. I have been thinking about doing something similar and creating my writing guidelines type of thing where what each thing means in any story I write to give some uniformity. Again thanks for letting us know.

In the dark your lips taste like sweet nectar, and in the line they tease me endlessly.

Board footer