The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-04 10:05:30

RED_FOX87
Inebriated

iPhone/ iPod touch

Hey, I don't know if you already know this, but there seems to be a problem reading the stories on an iPhone/ iPod touch. I can open the story and see the first page, but I can't scroll down to see the rest of it. Is there a chance you could add a scroll bar or soething on the side. I know this isn't the request forum but I was just pointing out the problem and making a possible suggestion, though I have no idea if it will work. Thanks.

Sex is good, Sex is fine, Doggystyle Or 69, For having fun Or getting paid, Everyone likes Getting laid.

#2 2010-06-04 10:45:03

RED_FOX87
Inebriated

Re: iPhone/ iPod touch

Well, I messed around with the page, and I seem to be able to scroll down a bit, but is requires the same gesture as the one to zoom in, and most of the time it zooms in instead of scrolling. And in case I wasn't too clear before, what's happening is that the whole page is scrolling down instead of just the section with the text. Perhaps adding the ability to view only the text box without the navigation and links on the side (and with the whole text on a couple of pages) would fix it.

Sex is good, Sex is fine, Doggystyle Or 69, For having fun Or getting paid, Everyone likes Getting laid.

#3 2010-06-04 18:55:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

If you are a donor:  http://mobile.wolfpub.org

If you are not a donor, my suggestion would be to "click" somewhere within the text box first, to give it focus.  The main site was not intended for viewing on mobile devices, and I'm not about to fiddle around trying to make it work for every smart phone out there.  On a PC, there *is* a scrollbar on the text box, as well as the page as a whole, therefore, I have no way to "fix it" if your iPhone isn't showing you that same scrollbar.  At least, not a way that won't break use for... well, everyone else.

RED_FOX87 wrote:

Perhaps adding the ability to view only the text box without the navigation and links on the side (and with the whole text on a couple of pages) would fix it.

In other words, rewrite the entire website mechanics for delivering stories.  Um... no.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2010-06-04 19:19:40

RED_FOX87
Inebriated

well apparently there is a scroll bar for the stories. It just wasn't showing up on my ipod.

#5 2010-06-04 19:22:02

RED_FOX87
Inebriated

sorry, I had written that before and just posted without refreshing the page. But thanks anyway.

#6 2012-08-18 02:08:09

fishboy48
Tipsy

if you use two fingers instead of one in the text box it will scroll most of the time

if you believe you will or wont succeed you are probably right

Board footer