Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-13 00:17:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Chat Widget Removal

Hey, everyone.

For those of you who used to use it, the chat widget on my personal section of the site has been deleted.

Why?  Google.

The chat widget was powered by Meebo.  Meebo was "acquired" last month by Google.  I put the term in quotes because they didn't really buy the company.  They bought the rights to dismantle the company.  Meebo employees are now working on the Google+ project, the Meebo sales & marketing staff has been "laid off" (read that as "fired"... how do you lay off people from a company that will never need those positions again?), and all Meebo features except for the "Meebo Bar" have been terminated as of yesterday.

Apparently, Google has decided to follow the Microsoft Model for growing its company, rather than doing something more ethical and consumer-oriented.

3dsad

I have not yet found a suitable replacement for the Meebo Me widget that I was using to allow folks to chat with me.  When I do, I'll put the Chat With Me thing back.  Until then, I'm still available through IM directly, if you have a preferred IM program.  All of my contact info is available at http://storm.wolfpub.org  And in my forum profile.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer