The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-27 05:07:04

sdonley
Tipsy

Kindle Fire Issues

I am only able to read the first few paragraphs in any chapter.  Any suggestions?

#2 2012-04-27 07:08:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Kindle Fire Issues

I am not sure why the Android browser suddenly won't put a scrollbar on an internal DIV box.  This has worked before, but I became aware that it was no longer functional when I looked at the mobile site with LAoW's old phone.

I honestly don't have any idea how to fix this problem, either on my end, or yours, without a total site redesign, something that is coming, but is not in any way close.  Until I can find an answer, my suggestion would be to download the files to the device, if you can, and read them locally.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2012-04-27 21:00:05

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update:

This is not an ideal solution, but hopefully it will work as a stop-gap measure.

As long as you are logged in to the site, you should now see a link right above the story box that says something like "Click here to view this story/image in a new window."  This will open the story without any containing blocks, so it should scroll perfectly.

You will, however, have to return to the "main" story page to navigate, as this new window contains no navigation tools whatsoever.  It only contains the story, and a feedback form.

Note that you must be logged in for this feature to appear:  I decided it would be a members-only feature.  (Membership is free, so I encourage everyone who visits to register.)

I hope this works for you.  If not, please let me know, and be sure to tell me in what way it fails.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2012-04-27 22:57:21

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

This solution seems to work. It works for my Kindle Fire. It does seem to create formatting issues with some stories though.. Mine to be exact. of course. 3dsmile

#5 2012-04-28 00:38:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Formatting issues, how?  Please be specific.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#6 2012-04-28 00:53:28

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

The only story it seems to effect is my new one "Royally Screwed." It makes the entire chapter into one, long, uninterrupted paragraph. My guess is it's probably my fault in the way I formatted it, not something wrong with the site.

#7 2012-04-28 01:03:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

This has been fixed.  Caused by your uploading it in plain-text format, instead of HTML.  I've added in the check for it that exists in the main story page.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#8 2012-04-28 01:08:16

Jefferson
Completely Blotto

Perfect! Works just perfect.

THank you sir.

Board footer