Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-12 07:28:30

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Guardian, The

The Guardian

ray tan is an above average boy that has train in the martial arts since he was 6 one day he meets a girl name yuuki and that day his life changes as he finds out that he is a guardian of the spirits or soul reaper!

this is my first novel in a longgggg time so be nice

ps this NOT BLEACH FANFICTION

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2012-02-12 07:31:32

dreaw
Inebriated

Re: Guardian, The

dam it came out wrong how do i fix?

the paragraph structure so it stays when i post?

(posted from Chapter 1 : meet Ray Tan)

#3 2012-02-12 07:46:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

1) Email is really the place for such questions.
2) The break tag ( "<br>" ) will only produce a single carriage return.  You should use the paragraph tag ( "<p>Your paragraph text goes here...</p>" ) instead.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2012-02-12 09:17:39

dreaw
Inebriated

thanks and what do u think of the Chapter is it good

the plot start i mean

#5 2012-02-12 10:09:56

lerris
Inebriated

I'm sorry I know that constructive criticism is best, but really there is nothing good i can say about this. Now I'm not a great writer or anything but it seems to me that this shouldn't have even been posted. It seems like you really should have held off on posting anything till you had a little more material. None of this seemed like it really had anything to do with the description that was given for the story as there is nothing else. I mean it was barely a paragraph. I'm sorry if that sounded a little harsh since you said you hadn't written for awhile, but this defiantly requires work if it is going to hold up to the quality of work I have come to expect from contributors to the Wolf Pub.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them!

#6 2012-02-12 20:52:39

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

*sigh*  Lerris... what's the first rule of critiquing?

I'll assume you don't know what it is, since you just trampled all over it, and so I will inform you:

"If you truly do not like a work, do not comment on it." 

lerris wrote:

really there is nothing good i can say about this

Then why did you feel the need to speak at all?  Once you made this statement, everything else you had to say was completely overshadowed by the fact that you care so little for the work.  Given the length of the chapter (and he made it clear that this is the first chapter of a serial work), perhaps you should have had the courtesy to see where he was going before trampling on him so very harshly.  There's a reason that a Critiquing Guide exists on this website.  Go find it.  Read it.  Learn it.  USE IT.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#7 2012-02-12 23:30:03

dreaw
Inebriated

iv e spoken with lerris and he offered to edit for me and i just accepted and sent him chapter 1 i will re-post when he is finished

my biggest problem is the dam BBC code

3dbig_smile

#8 2012-02-13 00:24:17

hoevenator
Tipsy

after 4 years of not writing, it is still better than i can do.  i am looking forward to when you get back into the swing of things.

#9 2012-02-13 02:58:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

BBC code?

Stories use standard HTML.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#10 2012-02-13 03:25:20

dreaw
Inebriated

well sorry i meant html

#11 2012-02-13 04:37:44

lerris
Inebriated

Yeah I'm sorry about that post Eric I actually sent him a private message apologizing and offering to help edit.

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them!

#12 2012-02-13 04:43:12

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

well first you need to fill this out more it reads fast and cut out the bit at the end make that info you get in chapter 2

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#13 2012-05-13 20:30:14

Kitsune
Inebriated

This seems like it could turn out to be a good story but this first chapter felt more like a intro then a actual chapter it felt to rushed and read to quickly. the part at the end seems to just get thrown in there too fast i feel almost as if you should ease into those facts instead of trying to rush the info to us.

#14 2012-05-25 19:54:03

armyman2125
Tipsy

u might not want to post this until u have all the spelling checked and everything and work on the plot bc the beginning it just didnt grab my attention enough i dont mean any disrespect just giving some feedback

(posted from Chapter 2)

#15 2012-05-25 20:40:48

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

While I agree that (assuming there are issues - I haven't read it) he should fix spelling errors as soon as he can...

I find it rather ironic that the person complaining about spelling errors cannot spell the word "you".

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#16 2019-02-05 00:50:18

gadget
Inebriated

Definitely would like to see more of this, sooner than later.

(posted from Chapter 6)

#17 2024-03-21 22:54:11

lyrics36
Tipsy

Like the Previous Poster -- I would certainly enjoy seeing this story (The Guardian) continued.

Board footer