The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-29 03:23:42

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Ahead of the Game

The coming of age and training of a teen boy who leads a group into battle with an ancient enemy. Jeff and everyone around him think he is a normal teen-aged boy until the gift of the Oberon ring. He then begins his quest of honing his new found abilities and becoming the leader of a great band of warriors.

Winner - 2002 Golden Clitoride for Best Mind Control Story

Please read and comment.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2006-12-05 05:36:57

SlaveMaster
Wasted

Re: Ahead of the Game

great noval enjoyed it emnsly though i should have read it before camp rons jurney

Welcome to The Mystic Wolf Pub

#3 2006-12-15 16:11:45

bigwind
Tipsy

I read this a while ago and I really enjoyed it. If anyone is seeinf it for the firsttime, it is definitely worth reading.

(posted from Chapter 21)

#4 2006-12-31 18:28:00

dv8n
Wasted

Ya know... I really liked this story..except that I think that if I was jeff...I would have used the psionic powers more..I mean practice trying to do things that my teacher didn't show me...but it seemed like he just forgot about them...that is my only complaint.... Otherwise I think it was very well written and entertaining enough that I didn't set it down until I was finished with it at chapter 21

Thank you for you time and energy

:lol:

#5 2007-03-07 12:11:44

Yellow Snow
Inebriated

Thanks folks. As you can see, I am finally back online. Thanks to Net Wolf I have found a place to kick back and feel at home. Thanks bro.

Night Wolf

If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for that day, if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#6 2007-03-07 23:42:38

nightsecho
Wasted

i just finished re-reading this for the third time a few days ago still as good as always

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#7 2008-02-16 10:56:34

Pukkai
Tipsy

Hi Night Wolf,
Read your story Ahead of the Game a while ago.
It was a good read.  Thanks for writing it.

#8 2009-04-15 07:14:29

iocosa
Tipsy

First of all, WOW!
Excelent story.
I read this compleately from start to finish in one sitting, and I don't do that very often.
I do have one piece of constructive critisizm.  At the begining of the story, Jeff was haunted by nightmares of a battle that was yet to come.  In those battles, it felt as if he were going to be leading a whole army.  To quote from the begining of chapter 1:
"As he climbed into the shower he couldn't help but think back to the dream he had the night before. In it he saw ruins of cities with bodies strewn around."
Also:
"Holy shit, Detroit too? That's the sixth city already," he cried out as he woke up in a cold sweat."
Why was this plot line put into place if it was not a premonition?
All in all, I rate this story to be among the best I have ever read.  Right up there with Camp:  Ron's Journey
Thanks for shareing your tallent with the public.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#9 2012-03-13 14:09:33

grandad_rufus
Inebriated

I must say I really enjoyed reading this.

(posted from Chapter 21)

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way.
Grandad Rufus.

It's not that I have a dirty mind, you understand. It's just that so many of my thoughts leave muddy little footprints...

#10 2020-01-30 19:04:35

masterRun
Tipsy

Read this many years ago. Why cant I find it on the site?

Would love to read it again.

Today I set a new personal best
Number of consecutive days alive

Board footer