Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-10 09:28:02

Veritas
Wasted
Website

Donations

Hey Eric.

I don't have an actual website issue, just a question.  Do you have any problems using paypal for your donations?  I've read accounts on how they tend to hold or suspend accounts and cash while investigating "irregularities" associated with donations.

I'm planning (in the far future) of asking for donations for a story I'll start posting on a blog, but am kinda reticent about the whole thing.

#2 2012-01-10 16:57:54

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Donations

I have not personally had any problems, but that is probably solely due to the small amount (relatively speaking) of donations I receive.  I receive less than $300 in donations a month, and I think I stay below their radar by doing so.

Having said that, I would personally suggest that you look into other sites that also allow you to accept payments/donations.  I will be offering other options for payment in the future.  One that I know I will be offering is called WePay.  I cannot "recommend" them to anyone yet, as I have not had any real experience with them, but it is an alternative for you to check out and decide on your own.  There are others, as well.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2012-01-10 19:07:51

Colorado
Inebriated

When paying with Paypal a inquiry is made if you request a payment and can prove that the person who you requested truly owes you money where paypal will then charge the person's account in question and give the money to the person who requested the $ and proved it was promised to them. ((a lot of he said she said is used))

#4 2012-01-10 19:10:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Obviously the situation you describe does not occur in the realm of donations, though, Colorado.  No one can be "owed" a donation.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2012-01-10 19:12:09

Colorado
Inebriated

Ya when it is a payment that requires a fee is the only time the inquiries from Paypal are used is what I meant to mention.

Last edited by Colorado (2012-01-10 19:12:39)

Board footer