The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-02 04:32:32

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

State of the Website, 2011/2012

Well, it's that time again.  Time to look back on the year that was, and ahead to the year that is to come.

Looking Back:
First, the website:

We are up to 5,879 registered members on the site.  This marks an increase of nearly 4 1/2 users per day.  I fear, however, that a great many of these "new members" are, in fact, spam bots, as we have not had anywhere near this large a number joining on a daily basis since the removal of automated registration.

The site added four new authors this year:  James Marcus, T. Weller, Cly, and Dark_Brother.  We did not lose any authors this past year, which is good.

I was unable to enact some structural changes to the site that I wanted to, namely a reworked navigation menu.

My writing:
This year marked my second-best writing year ever, with over 340,000 words written.  I completed two novels this year, wrote three short stories, and made significant progress on one other story.

My personal life:
Personally, this year was as iffy as most others.  It had its ups and downs, its worries and its highlights.  Thanks to those who helped support us, we didn't have any serious financial issues come up.  For that, LAoW and I would like to thank everyone who made a donation.

Looking Ahead:
The Website:

I will be working on a new version of the website this year.  Whether or not it will be finished by the end of the 2012, only the Universe knows for sure.  The new version will be much more modern, technologically speaking, and will hopefully make the user experience much more pleasant.  The new version will also have several new features, which will encourage more interaction from the visitors here.  I have no timeline for this, and will work on it as the spirit moves me, so there is really no knowing when Pub v2.0 will make its debut.

My Writing:

I intend to continue the one-chapter-per-month release schedule of the Woodward Series.  I have already posted chapter 1 of the second book earlier today.  It is my intent to complete this book before mid-year (although that will not speed up the release schedule at all.)  Further, it would appear, from the progress I have made, and from the changes that have occurred to my outline as I have written, that I will likely be finishing up CAMP: Sibling Rivalry sometime this year, as well.  WAY2 and CSR will be my primary focuses until they are finished.  Once that happens, I will shift my focus to WAY3 (of course), and most likely to Where the Maiasaurs Roam.  Other stories will probably see additions only as the muses dance.

My Personal Life:

This year, I plan to become the world's first trillionaire.  *snort*  Yeah, right.  Seriously, it is my hope, through a couple different methods, that our financial situation will improve slightly in the upcoming year.  Probably not enough to make a significant difference in our living conditions, but every little bit helps.  Continued donations are needed, and asked for.  Only through your help are our finances remaining in the black.

In summary, 2011 was a decent year.  It wasn't spectacular, but we did better than in 2010.  Let's hope that 2012 does at least as much better...  Assuming, of course, that those damned Mayans don't end up wiping us all out next December.

3dbig_smile

Warmest Regards,
Eric Storm
founder, The Mystic Wolf Pub

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer