•  » Cly
  •  » Chronicles of Jesse Adler- Truck Load, The

#1 2011-11-18 19:43:48

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Chronicles of Jesse Adler- Truck Load, The

The Chronicles of Jesse Adler- Truck Load

Jesse has another boring night shift as a security guard. Well, it's only boring until a trucker stops in and helps her pass the time.

Jesse is a kind of alter ego of mine. She's got the body I had in high school, she's a lot tougher around people, she's got the piercing and tattoos I want, and she does things I wish I had the courage to do. Every person I write about is a real person in this story. Some of them may even recognize themselves though their names have changed. Many of the facts and events are real. Up to you to figure out what's fiction and what's true!

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2011-12-17 21:21:58

Imagineer
Wasted

Re: Chronicles of Jesse Adler- Truck Load, The

Fact makes for fine fiction. This tale is not for everyone -- mind the codes (as always) -- but it's believable and enjoyable. Good writing.

BTW Cly, "Chronicles" being plural, you owe us more 3dsmile

#3 2011-12-21 04:02:38

Cly
Inebriated
Website

How is it not for everyone? Well, not for under 16. And there are suppose to be more stories about Jesse. Just got a lot of other stories I'm busy with. Thanks for reading!

Then God said, "Let there be Cly!" and Cly was and Cly looked at God then and said, "Dude, you suck. All that power and this is what you came up with? Give me that crown and I'll show you how to create!"

#4 2011-12-21 05:09:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Not having read the story, I would suggest that here is how it is "not for everyone":

bd, coer, ds, reluc

Two of those four codes, I'm very careful about what I read involving them.  Most stories with bd/ds, I don't enjoy.  Thus, the story is probably not for everyone.

But, as I said, I haven't read the story, so this is just a guess.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2011-12-24 09:09:39

Cly
Inebriated
Website

The bd, she gets tied up with a ziptie and spanked. The d/s, he tells her what to do, and she does it. Does the d/s code ONLY mean master/slave? Or can it be a dominate person telling a submissive person what to do? Because as far as I understand it, it doesn't mean that in the BDSM community. It doesn't have to be a Master/slave. That usually has the M/s tag. If the meanings that are given in the FAQ are the only meanings those codes can apply to, then most of my stories would have no codes at all. =S I suppose there are people who don't like any type of bondage whatsoever. But then there's just no fun in sex without it! 3dbig_smile

Then God said, "Let there be Cly!" and Cly was and Cly looked at God then and said, "Dude, you suck. All that power and this is what you came up with? Give me that crown and I'll show you how to create!"

#6 2011-12-24 15:52:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Do you see a M/s tag in our codes?  The code "ds", to my way of thinking, would not simply be one person telling another person what to do, unless those two people are in an established dominant/submissive relationship.  Otherwise, hell, a boss and a particularly subservient employee could qualify as ds, and that's just not helpful as a story code.

But my point is that there are people out here in Internet land who don't want to read about bondage, and/or don't want to read about the BDSM world.  Hence, the story is "not for everyone", according to its codes.  I had already stated that I hadn't read the story.  I'm considering ways to add a "mild" modifier to certain story codes (to give us things like "mild bd", or "mild ds"...) but I'm not sure how to do that, even in the new version of the site, without creating a whole new story code for that option.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#7 2011-12-25 09:32:37

Cly
Inebriated
Website

Perhaps adding some more story codes altogether would be beneficial? I've noticed that a lot of things that are in my story do not have codes here. Like adding certain fetishes, maybe some people like foot fetishes, but they wouldn't know if that was in the story or not. Or, maybe some people don't like anal and don't want to read a story that has any anal in it, but they wouldn't know because there is no code. Leaving the codes in such a general broad spectrum makes it very difficult for those with particular tastes to find stories they like. I'm not trying to be trolly or in any way try to challenge your authority, just think that might be useful to the site as a whole.

#8 2011-12-25 16:38:40

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No.  Unequivocally, absolutely, no.  I am NOT turning this into SOL.  I refuse to pander to people whose only purpose in reading is to get off as quickly as they possibly can.  This site was built for STORIES, not for sex scenes.  I despise the SOL-way of doing things, which has codes for every possible sexual fetish and interest on the planet... and as soon as he thinks up new ones, there will be more.

I chose codes that fit, as you say, the broadest topics prevalent in stories.  If you feel that your readers need to know more about what's in your story, that's what the story description is for.

Leaving the codes in such a general broad spectrum makes it very difficult for those with particular tastes to find stories they like.

Yep, it most certainly does, if all you're here for is to read sex scenes.  And if that's your interest, I suggest you go visit SOL.  This site is designed to promote stories, not sex scenes.  That the stories in question might happen to contain sex is almost incidental information.  Stories are supposed to be about plot, conflict, characters, and environment.  One specific act that happens to take place in the story should not overshadow the story itself.  Hell, I have a story with bestiality in it.  Bestiality makes ME uncomfortable!  I wrote it because the story needed it.  If you, as a reader, can't deal with the scene, SKIP OVER IT.  This is not a "sex scenes" site.  It's not even a "sex stories" site.  It's just a "stories and artwork" site.  I don't give a damn if your story or artwork contains sexual content... it's not even relevant.  Hell, that's why we have a "PG" rating code!

Further, it has been my experience that people who read erotica for the sole purpose of getting off also give authors very little in the way of feedback or attention.  Those are not the people I am interested in attracting to this site, and never have been.  This site is supposed to be about communication between author and reader... and if the reader is so closed-minded that they'll ONLY read stories that fit some very small category of work, I'm not sure it would be beneficial for the author to hear from them in the first place.

So, no, there will be no vast expansion of the story codes to detail every possible fetish included in any story anywhere.  I may expand the codes to include "mild" versions of a few of the codes, and I plan to add one new code to correct a problematic overlap that occurs in one of the current story codes, but I am not going to end up with pages of codes for people to wade through trying to find that one sex scene in all the site that is going to make them blow their load in sixty seconds or less.  You came here to read stories, so read the damned STORY, and just enjoy whatever sexual content it may happen to have.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#9 2011-12-25 18:43:20

Cly
Inebriated
Website

Ah, I see. In that case, why not have codes that match things other than sexual? Thus far, that's really all the codes available and thus why people would confuse this for a sex stories site. It was even advertised to me by a member on here as being a sex stories site like SOL. Like when I set my "Training a Ha'tinre" story as both Sci-Fi and Fantasy because it contains elements of both very strongly, and yet I could only chose one or the other. I have been told by several readers on other sites the only reason they clicked my story was because it said "fantasy" as a side code, otherwise the only Sci-Fi would have turned them away since only having a Sci-Fi code implies there is no primitive technology or magic. And I try not to clutter a description with a bunch of codes because to me, a description is meant to catch the attention of the reader with a sentence or two. Then they read the codes to see if it has something they may or may not like. Maybe someone does not like stories with an assassination in it. Or maybe someone really likes stories with wereanimals. Not saying to put those particular things as codes, just understand, as even you have said, you don't read stories if they have a certain code on them, others may not read stories because they lack certain codes. If I were to try and put up some of my stories that lack any sex at all, it would be pretty much codeless because there is a lacking of codes that do not have to do with sex. Saying this is not a sex stories site, and yet there are only one or two codes that do not involve sex make that a difficult argument.

As for skipping over a sex scene one may not like, maybe with some authors, skipping over a sex scene will lose no content because the story can be written and read as if the scenes do not exist, but my stories, the sex is such a part of the story that should one skip over it and pick up a couple of paragraphs down, one would have lost so much content that later on that individual would be completely and utterly lost. I do not leave a choice but to read the scenes, because if I write them, they are meant to be read. There is absolutely nothing that stands alone in my stories. Even something as small and insignificant as what someone is wearing has repercussions later. Everything is so tied in together so tightly and perfectly that should one miss a single paragraph the rest of the story may not make sense. I have always hated the stories where someone has a wound, and then five minutes later is fine. Or someone had something like a sword, and then when they need it, it's magically not there, just to get an "action" scene. With my short stories, it may not be so tightly knit together, but that's how I write my longer ones.

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers, or to incite anger in anyone, I just speak as I see things. And I try not to use the word "you" unless I mean you because it is confusing and is, to me, aggressive language. I apologize if my words have upset you. Oh, and Merry Christmas!

#10 2011-12-26 04:35:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

There are very few non-sexual story codes because as soon as you start going that route, there would be a story code specific to every single story.  That is more or less what genres are for, and - despite your personal disagreement - the story description.  The story description should be basically the blurb that appears on the back of the book (or on the dust jacket).  I am personally bad about writing descriptions.  Sometimes I am surprised anybody reads my stories with what I've said about them in the description.

There is no solution to this problem that will satisfy everyone.  You simply have to pick a philosophy and run with it.  I have chosen to use the most "popular" (by which I mean frequent, not well-loved) codes, along with some that are "known issues" (like scat and water sports).  The information about the story itself, I leave to the author to describe... because there is little else to do in that regard.  Unless, that is, you wish to wade through a couple hundred or so story codes to categorize your story... and, oh yeah, make the readers do likewise in order to find it.

As to a story in which the sex scene is both integral to the story, AND objectionable to the reader:  Under these circumstances, I would guess that the entire story is going to wind up being something the reader would prefer not to read, so the fact that they missed something in the sex scene is probably not going to be the most critical problem in that particular reading.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

• Index
  •  » Cly
  •  » Chronicles of Jesse Adler- Truck Load, The

Board footer