Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-14 01:37:24

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Containment

Containment

Special agents of the Galactic government set out to contain a dangerous individual.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2011-03-14 01:38:26

Imagineer
Wasted

Re: Containment

About Containment

When it rains it pours. Or, sometimes ideas have friends.

I am prone to getting stuck, unable to express what happens next or unable to get past a plot problem. Think on such a problem for more than a day or so and it's easy to get discouraged. It's good to have something *else* to write, something with different rules and expectations.

So when I looked through the old idea box, and I pulled out the high school mind controller, the Rip Torn buddy-cop / alien U.S. Marshalls idea came out with it.

Let's see where it goes.

#3 2011-11-28 03:47:15

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

*hides from the UFO's and the "men"-in-black*  It seems like a promising start.  It'll be interesting to see what kind of alien the crotchety old timer is and how the new recruit inevitably screws something up.  Or not.  Maybe there will be some subversion of my expectations!  You never know until the author writes it, after all.  Anyway, thanks for writing because it assuages any guilt I might have over not doing the same (and I enjoyed it).

(posted from Introduction)

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#4 2011-11-28 04:26:29

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

*snicker*  Well, at least the song choice function's working appropriately...  Because that's All You Need, right?  It certainly is an interesting plight Radi has going there.  Not one you see very often.  I'm looking forward to seeing how s/he intersects with the characters from the previous chapter.

(posted from Rough landing)

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

Board footer