The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-15 14:44:04

dallanta
Tipsy

Government Tracking You

I am new to this group.  Hope you find this interesting.
This morning on the news there was an article under discussion concerning fuel taxes and supporting the government and state infrastructures.  The more I listened the more I was appalled.
Our king obama wants to tax drivers by placing a GPS tracking device on every vehicle.  In this way, they can keep track of how many miles you drive and you will pay a tax on that.  One state, Minnesota, is testing this already and several states are discussing implementation
  http://www.startribune.com/business/you … 95829.html
There are so many things wrong with this, I find it bizarre. Well, bizarre to me and a lot of people, but maybe not so much this government.
  Just to remove the money part from this equation, pretend for a moment that everyone had enough money to pay for an extra tax.  Let us assume that no one would feel the pinch of giving more money for government.  I know it is a stretch, but just for now, try it.  Every thing is peachy, I can get gas whenever I need it and fuel becomes a nonissue.  Cool. 
What the news did not mention is this.
This is not a fantasy.  If they put gps on all vehicles.
Homeland Security, who has already deemed most Americans as possible terrorists decides they can "protect" more people if they had a way to monitor.  Oh yea, the little gps thing added to my vehicle to monitor my miles.  Rest assured that if they can monitor each mile you drive the car, they can also monitor any place you go.  They can monitor and store anything you do.
You might not remember where you went when you were cruising last year, but they will know.  If there was a murder or terrorist attack in a neighborhood you drove through, they would have that record and you would be an immediate suspect.  You might not remember being in that area, but don't worry, there will be a record.  You have the right of innocent until proven guilty, but you know how our legal system is.  You will still need to prove that you are not guilty.
People will become very afraid to leave their house except when they absolutely have to. Government protests will pretty much disappear.  The government will be able to tell exactly who was there.  If you want a drink some evening, there will be proof that you stopped at a nightclub. 
Anywhere you go will be in a database somewhere.  Most times, you can tell what a person is doing, just by knowing where they are.
They will know if you are at church, work, home, school, a bar, a strip club, house of ill repute, or sneaking around on the spouse at another persons home or motel.  If you are parked at a gunshop or gun show, they will know it.  If you do or write anything that is sooner or later considered dangerous or questionable, there will be a rcord of that tied exactly to you.All this information on everyone can be shared with all the different "security" organizations like the FBI, CIA, DHS, ATF, IRS, NSA, .....
  This information alone would also be worth billions of dollars and you know how well private information is protected.
I believe this to not only be wrong, I believe it to be against the Constitution and against any freedom loving person.
At this point, I would not be able to cooperate in this slavery of America.  I just won't.  They would problably have a prison penalty for refusing, but I draw the line there.
I know on the surface that this is a reach and really paranoid sounding.  The problem is though, we have the technology for this and it would be easy to do.  Also, our government has no qualms about anything like this, some of them want it. So paranoid might not be the right description.
Right now, all cattle that are sold have to be marked.  All milk by law has to be pasteurized.  The government is even fining people for selling vegetables and fruit that they have grown.  Not all the time, but it seems like they are testing out this action.
Handy for pet owners or people that worry about their children in this day and age, we now use RFID and VERICHIPs.  These are implanated under the skin of your pet, possibly your child in order to make sure they do not get lost or stolen.  The last few years, the government has been pushing hard to make it law that any animal you are tryiing to sell, must have an implanted chip.  You will not have to worry about it being stolen.  But then again, the government knows exactly what you are doing.  If you butcher the creature, they will know.  If you sell it, they will know.  This leads to more taxes and more control.
Kinda like the mark of the beast isn't it?
  The more I write, the more it seems like a science fiction conspiracy theory.   For many of us that believe in freedom and our way of life and have expressed opinions, it is too late.  You know there is a database that tracks all that.
  When Orwell wrote"1984", did he have any idea? A good book, nice fiction, but we are way past "1984".

"I think, myself, that we have more machinery of government than is
necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the
industrious."  Thomas Jefferson

#2 2011-08-15 20:15:52

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Government Tracking You

First off... chill out.

Second, what astounds ME about the article is... why don't they just look at the damned odometer?  Yes, some people can crack the thing open and crank it back, but your average citizen cannot.  Seems MUCH simpler for collecting the tax to just require you to have your odometer read at the time of your vehicle registration.

Third:  If you're actually concerned about them tracking your vehicle?  WALK!  Or take a bus!  If you are really this paranoid about the government "knowing what you're doing"... fuck with their heads!  Going to church?  Park at the adult bookstore down the street!  Going to the strip club?  Park at the Christian Science Reading Room!  Were they to attempt to use this information in any way, a paralegal could tear apart their arguments in court.  The point is, if you are so utterly paranoid about people knowing what you're doing, there are ways around it.  Personally, and this really is just my personal opinion, ANYTHING that discourages people from driving their own car and finding an alternate way to get around is a net gain.  Environmental effects aside (I am not a tree-hugger), the number of cars on the roads in this country is a nightmare, causing wasted time, high stress levels, unnecessary deaths and added expense.

And... the mark of the beast?  Please.  St. John was writing about the Romans, in the first place.  Further, an RFID tag cannot be tracked from any distance.  They would literally have to install an RFID reader at the entrance to every single building in the country in order to know where you're going if you had one.  And they don't need to implant one.  Most people are carrying around credit cards with them, anyway.

So... get a grip.  Take a deep breath, calm down, and realize that yes, the government likes to know what we're doing.  Yes, the government wants more control...

And YES, that is our fault for electing people who act like that.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2011-08-15 21:09:27

LAoW
Completely Blotto

Don't forget cell phones. Seriously, do people not realize that you can be tracked via SIM card? If you own a GSM phone of any kind, you can be tracked. Who cares? If you're doing something illegal anyway, then good that you get caught. If you're not, you've nothing to worry about, now do ya?

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

#4 2011-08-16 20:41:17

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Okay so I leave the cell phone on the kitchen table and wear a hoodie so the camera can't see my face and take the bus so they can't track me..

Then I spoil it by checking in on Foursquzre 3dwink

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

#5 2011-08-16 20:51:09

LAoW
Completely Blotto

WarLord wrote:

Then I spoil it by checking in on Foursquzre 3dwink

LOL

I don't have to worry about revenge because Karma is a bigger bitch than I will ever have to be.

Board footer