The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-28 01:19:11

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

General Comments

Post General Comments to the Contributor Here.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2006-12-25 02:19:03

Little Blue
Tipsy

Re: General Comments

What is the Fallon's resurrection universe?

Can you please post some information about what the universe is all about? 

Thanks

#3 2006-12-25 03:42:23

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

The Fallon stories are a group of stories by different authors set in the same universe.  Much like Dragonlance or even Star Wars novels, probably. See the Fallon Universe Information section for more information, since that's what it's there for.

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#4 2007-04-01 06:01:35

TheNStorm
Inebriated

any significance to the name, Roisin Dubh?

How's everybody?

Forever life confuses me

#5 2007-07-29 06:16:23

TheNStorm
Inebriated

not that I expected a response to the question... ~sobs uncontrolably into the keyboard, drenching everything and meriting a trip to Staples to buy a new one~ 3dsmile

How's it going, oh FAS?

Forever life confuses me

#6 2007-07-29 06:19:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Perhaps if you had directed the question to someone in specific.  I, personally, have no idea where you got Roisin Dubh from.  And if it's in the Fallon Info, I'm the one who wrote it!

Why would you assume the name has any significance, anyway?

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#7 2007-07-30 06:45:54

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

I can guess what Roisin Dubh is.  I'm fairly sure it's my pen name in... Gaelic?  Whether Scots or Irish, I couldn't tell you.  And I can only guess that because of some book I read.  I'm pretty sure dubh is black.  But it's been a while so I could be mistaken.  If that was what they were asking, I could probably have answered the question.  Not that the answer is fascinating or anything.

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#8 2007-08-06 05:23:07

TheNStorm
Inebriated

Sorry, I have a habit of not reading the threads to which I post for eons, then revisiting them.

Roisin Dubh means 'little black rose,' and was first the name of a particularly nasty (and in some cases flatulent) group of druids. They had extreme magical prowess above other druids; and oppressed the lands around them, even communing with evil spirits and causing 'strange lights' that neither flickered, nor kept a proper color. Eventually the villages around them united with other local druids and revolted. In the attack on the Council of Roisin Dubh, the druids apparently disappeared- to come back at some time later in the future and terrorize the world.

The name was also used in a later political poem, to represent Ireland.

-The N Storm

Forever life confuses me

#9 2012-05-09 18:42:37

tomiesz
Tipsy

I love internet, (but who doesn't) and the way i start checking some info 'bout an universe for stories, and end with a handful of info of some gaelic names and druids and folklore.

In every one's life comes a moment, when you need to decide what you are going to do in your life. Then you should ask yourself one, really important question: ''What makes me happy?'' and start doing whatever it is. It's that easy, and as that hard.

Board footer