The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-08 04:54:27

Cenobite829
Inebriated

Favorite Stories

I wanted to see what some peoples favorite stories on the site were and why. Maybe that will open my eyes to stories I might have missed or skipped at first. I want your favorite Novel and your favorite Short story. Lets see what we get.

My favorite Novel is Summer Roadtrip by Jefferson. I love everything about this story, the plot, the dialog, the characters, and the fact that it felt real to me. I could see it happening to a guy out on the road.

My favorite Short Story is a little harder to nail down but if forced to pick I would say Christmas Gift by Eric Storm. It is a great little story that I would love to see him write more in that style. No super powers, no magic, just a regular family that goes through an unusually situation.

So those are my two stories let me know what you guys like.

On an unrealted note Eric did you know that both Ron's Journey and Sibling Rivialry are both on XNXX in the sex stories section? Just thought you should know.

Last edited by Cenobite829 (2011-02-08 04:55:39)

Jigsaw: If you're good at anticipating the human mind. It leaves nothing to chance

#2 2011-02-08 08:55:55

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Favorite Stories

I'm aware, and if I felt like getting uppity, I'd send them a DMCA notice.  They've already been told that they don't have permission to publish my work.  They ignored me.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2011-02-09 04:56:54

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Dmca?

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#4 2011-02-09 05:00:18

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Digital Millennium Copyright Act.  A US Federal Law about copyrights on the Internet.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2011-02-10 09:14:58

Cenobite829
Inebriated

Back to the topic at hand though. Mr. Storm what are your favorite stories here on the site?

Jigsaw: If you're good at anticipating the human mind. It leaves nothing to chance

#6 2011-02-10 09:37:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

That's not a question I can answer.  I hate to admit it, but I do very little reading of anyone's work other than my own.  (I reread my own work to either enjoy the effort I put into it, or to refamiliarize myself with a story before I continue working on it.)

So, unfortunately, I would end up giving you my favorite stories written by ME, and that seems self-serving, so I'm not going to do so.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#7 2011-02-10 18:31:01

Bd.Carlo
Inebriated

Well it has been a little bit since I have red the stories on here, And I can't say that I have one favorite story.  But I really like Dragonseekers, Things That Go bump, and To Whom It May Concern.

I don't read as many short stories but one that I really like is, A Cure for Writers Block.

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."  Elbert Hubbard
"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking." Jerry Seinfeld

#8 2011-05-18 09:29:36

Torrey
Tipsy

Well My favorite short Story is "The Dead" by James Joyce which is very interesting for me . I hope that people will like this nice story . What is your favorite short story .

#9 2011-06-11 01:08:46

James Marcus
Wasted

I would have to say My favorites is a toss up between Ron's Journey, Artifacts and Warmth of a Touch.

#10 2011-06-11 10:37:24

Veritas
Wasted
Website

Artifacts, Overconfidence and Program Alpha-Omega are my favorites of Eric's work.

#11 2011-06-11 19:23:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

This wasn't supposed to be your favorites of MY work... it was your favorites on the entire site.

(I realize that most of the work on the site is mine...  3dsad  )

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#12 2011-06-11 23:41:18

Veritas
Wasted
Website

No offense  to the other writers, but the answer is the same.

Your stories rock Eric!

EDIT - Just noticed how much this sounds like I'm sucking up.  I'm not.  Really.

Not unless it gets me something 3dsmile

Last edited by Veritas (2011-06-11 23:43:35)

#13 2011-06-12 00:19:14

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

LOL

----
Facebook page

Board footer