The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-13 05:29:30

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Site menu changes

In order to make navigation a little bit easier, I've made a few changes to the menu.

There is now a "My Pub" section, where all the personal things like favorites, recommendations, and bookmarks are located.

There are now more "Fave list" options, such as seeing just your favorite authors (rather than authors and artists), or just your favorite images.

Under the stories and artwork sections, there is now a Browse option.  This may be expanded in the future to browse by letter, but right now, it is merely a "browse all" search.

I hope this makes your experience here more enjoyable.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2011-01-13 05:45:28

Storymaster69
Completely Blotto

Re: Site menu changes

Not sure if this is possible but for the browse art page can you include a small thumbnail of the actual picture?

Looking at the layout it just seems a logical thing to place in there.  If there are technological reasons this can not be done then no worries.

On the stories section it seems to me that it is taking a very long time to scan through the DB to pull up both author list and browse stories.  I don't remember this from before.

Sorry about the issue in the non-issue section but I figured this thread was the logical place to put it seeing it is talking directly about this announcement.

Last edited by Storymaster69 (2011-01-13 05:50:18)

Sex isn't the answer.
Sex is the question.
Yes is the answer.

#3 2011-01-13 08:24:35

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Site menu changes

Putting in a thumbnail would be quite difficult.  The Browse page is nothing more than the Search page with a special search.

And yes, the database has always been slow pulling up things from time to time.  I've looked into ways to speed it up in the past, without any success.  The query is very complex.

Eric Storm

PS:  Just for the record, I am considering a complete site redesign, but I have no idea if or when that would happen.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer