The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-02 11:03:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

A plea from your webmaster

Okay, folks... I really hate doing this, but I no longer have a choice.

Neither LAoW nor I has a job, and my disability check just isn't cutting it.  What assistance we're getting from her family, while very helpful, isn't making up the shortfall, either.

When I created the donation graph, I set the monthly goal at $300.  I didn't pick that number at random:  In order for us to be able to pay all of our bills, eat decently, and not be panicking any time an unexpected expense comes up, we really do need that $300.

Unfortunately, we've been nowhere near that number as of late.  The last time we hit it was March of last year.

Things have reached a tipping point, however.  We are at a point where, if we don't have enough donations come in over the next few months, we may not be able to make a critical house-related payment... and that would be very, very bad.

In order to cover our asses, here is what is needed:  An absolute bare minimum of $200 a month (yes, every month)...  And above that, we need an additional $300 by the end of February.  I know times are tough for everyone lately, but I'm at the point where begging has become a necessity.

I have nothing more I can offer folks to thank them for donating.  The current donators get PRM access, an ad-free site, and my deepest and sincerest thanks for all their help.  If there was anything else I could give you guys in return for your donations, I'd do it... but I've got nothing left.

I know this is unrealistic, but I just want to give you an example of how the members of this site could literally change our lives, without any really devastating hardship on their part:

This site has some 4000+ members.  If each one of you donated $12, for one year's donator access, and you each only did it ONCE, it would pay off all of our debt, including the mortgage, allow us to get the medical treatment we both need, and make a permanent change to our financial situation.

Now, I don't really expect that to happen, nice as it would be.  It's just to show you that huge donations are not necessary.  A lot of little ones can do the same job just fine.

Guys, I REALLY hate doing this.  I hate airing our dirty laundry in this fashion.  I hate the fact that I have to come to you for help... but the simple fact is that I need your help.

Okay, I've skewered my pride long enough.  I'll return you to your... uh... what the heck were you doing before you started reading this?

Thanks for your time.  Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

Sincerely,
Eric Michael Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2010-12-03 23:03:36

fiferguy
Inebriated

Re: A plea from your webmaster

Hey Eric,

I just donated $20.  It's about all I can spare, but I hope it helps you guys out some.

Fifer

#3 2010-12-04 02:40:07

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

It does help, and we thank you sincerely.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2010-12-04 05:00:39

adamrtobias
Tipsy

Hope the donation helps, man.
Adam

#5 2010-12-04 07:56:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

It certainly does, thank you.

Eric

----
Facebook page

#6 2010-12-05 08:49:09

tanga
Tipsy

I just made a donation but forgot to log in >.< The confirmation number from Paypal is 6PK87011GV430570N. Good luck with everything.
Annie

#7 2010-12-05 20:37:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

These issues should always be dealt with in a private email.

I have, however, manually set up your donator access.

Thanks for the donation.
Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer