You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-22 12:46:39

Veritas
Wasted
Website

Rich, Black and Flunking

Don't hate me, but I agree with this.

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/ebx/Print … oid=285317

I saw various examples of this in school in Canada.

On the other hand, I've noticed that black immigrants in the US or Europe are the opposite - they find african-american culture hostile and don't understand their labeling certain behaviors and activities as "acting white".

http://current.com/152su4c

Last edited by Veritas (2009-09-22 12:50:12)

#2 2009-09-27 08:02:02

Nadez
Wasted
Website

Re: Rich, Black and Flunking

Thats a very interesting article..I like it..Its kinda sad that people seem to act that way however

#3 2009-09-27 10:01:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

The truth is that I've been saying things like this for a while.  This guy just has the education to put something behind his opinion.

If your culture doesn't encourage success, then it rides heavier on you personally to achieve it. (Note, I did not say race.  There are white cultures that also do not encourage success...)  Life is not fair, nor is it equitable.  Some people have it harder than others.  You can choose to work harder to get what you want, or you can choose to surrender to the crap hand you were dealt when you were born.  Your choice; stop blaming everyone else for it.

Eric.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2009-09-28 08:25:37

Nadez
Wasted
Website

But then Why do some people blame EVERYONE but themselves for EVERY little thing that goes wrong in there lives

#5 2009-09-28 18:53:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

It is called the Culture of Victimhood.  They believe they are a victim and that they have no power.  If you have no power, then you can't fix your life...  and you don't have to try, because after all, if you can't make it better, what's the point in trying?

Eric

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#6 2009-10-08 07:04:46

Nadez
Wasted
Website

My cousin is like that..I simply cant Fathom it, Everything can be changed with the right amount of drive

Board footer