The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-28 06:51:20

Black Rose
Evil Bar Wench

Teaser

This is just a teaser.  Something I'm working on, maybe.  Will I finish it?  What's it about?  Or is this simply to prove that I'm not dead...quite.

Story begins:

The sun was inescapable. It burned and scorched her retinas more with every passing second. I wish I could close my eyes, thought Mina.  Blink, just once.  But it was impossible.  She'd already strained as hard as she could. She'd never been so utterly incapable of performing semi-autonomous functions before in her life.  She couldn't blink, she couldn't move, she couldn't even breathe.

Realizing this made her panic.  The need for air was paramount and Mina felt a completely natural and overwhelming urge to hyperventilate, but her body was unresponsive and only the panicky, suffocating feeling remained. Mina wished she could close her eyes.  People who were dying were supposed to have their eyes drift peacefully closed. She'd seen it happen all the time in movies. Her eyes remained stubbornly open, however, no matter how much she wished them to close and stop the painful burning.

Black Rose

"Being a writer is a very peculiar sort of a job: it's always you versus a blank sheet of paper (or a blank screen) and quite often the blank piece of paper wins." – Neil Gaiman

#2 2009-03-28 21:14:21

advancewar
Wasted

Re: Teaser

hmm interesting start. love to see were it goes

life=books

Board footer