#1 2007-02-04 21:38:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Under Siege, by Stephen Coonts

Length: 408 pages
Date of Publication: 1990

Synopsis:

The head of the Medellin Cartel is brought to the US for trial, and terrorism erupts in Washington, DC as a result.  The fourth of the Jake Grafton novels.

Review:

Though this story was written about drugs nearly twenty years ago, it could just as easily be talking about radical Islamic terrorism of today.  The story is fairly fast-paced, and keeps your attention most of the way through.  Though it is a Jake Grafton novel, he really shares the book with lots of other characters, as the story moves from place to place and situation to situation.

This book is one of those that, if you like the genre, you'll have trouble putting down, wanting to see what happens next, and how it all gets resolved.

And that's the only place I feel the book falls down just a little bit.  The resolution to the conflict happens very quickly, in less than ten pages, with no real "plan"... it just kind of "happens".

All in all, it's a good book, and it is certainly worth a read, but you might be just a small bit disappointed by the way it wraps up.

A note:  Though you should try to read the three novels before this one, you really CAN read this one without them, you'll just miss a couple of nuances about the character.  But they're not significant.  The three previous novels are Flight of the Intruder, Final Flight, and The Minotaur, all by Stephen Coonts.

Storytelling: 4 out of 5
Characters: 4 out of 5
Mechanics: 4 out of 5

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2007-12-06 18:15:41

RED_FOX87
Inebriated

Re: Under Siege, by Stephen Coonts

Read this book. Really nice. I read a lot of other books by him. In his new books he is moving in a new direction with another character ,tommy, as the lead. He was also trying to tell his latest book from a first person narrative point of view, which I thought wasn't as good as the usual third person point of view.

Sex is good, Sex is fine, Doggystyle Or 69, For having fun Or getting paid, Everyone likes Getting laid.

#3 2007-12-11 11:32:47

advancewar
Wasted

Re: Under Siege, by Stephen Coonts

i read this book it was pretty good i dont remeber many detals of it no i read it like 2 years ago 3dsad ohh well just an excuse to go read it again 3dsmile

life=books

Board footer