The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-03 00:50:46

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

General Comments

Post General Comments to the Contributor Here.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2007-10-03 02:42:04

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Re: General Comments

I would be remiss if I did not mention loudly and often the contributions tjhat my editor Phil the New Jersey Badger makes to improve my stories in so many ways.  The good things you see result from his due diligence the errors are mine and mine alone.

Enjoy the journey

WarLord

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

#3 2007-10-06 18:58:31

Giskard
Inebriated

Warlord - Are you going to include and continue the Sea Cruise, Xmas Cruise, Scout, and Atlantis series here? I'm enjoying the the journey, thank you, and await the next chapters.

BTW - did you really get the surreal feeling while standing on the "glass floor"? I've read about it, but the closest I've come to that feeling is sitting on the open tail ramp of a HH-53H helicopter in flight.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
  sure about the former."
  - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#4 2007-10-06 23:09:32

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Giskard wrote:

Warlord - Are you going to include and continue the Sea Cruise, Xmas Cruise, Scout, and Atlantis series here? I'm enjoying the the journey, thank you, and await the next chapters.

BTW - did you really get the surreal feeling while standing on the "glass floor"? I've read about it, but the closest I've come to that feeling is sitting on the open tail ramp of a HH-53H helicopter in flight.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Greetings

Thanx for the note and kind words

About the skywalk, it was different than in a plane or copter for me. 

You look straight down between your shoes and see umm lots of air and part of your head wonders: WTF, over!  Theres a glass section in the floor of the CN tower, Toronto and I got the same reaction standing on it but at the skywalk it was more intense

It was a rush, really - I think its because there's more connection to the ground than in a plane...Just my theory anyway

About my stories - the ones posted here are those that are progressing (such as they are currently) if I add words to any story not posted it'll get added to the library here.

Again thanx for the kind words hopefully the words will come back and I'll be able to finish some...

Enjoy the journey

WarLord

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

#5 2007-10-07 02:34:15

WarLord
Wasted
Website

50,000 Words

Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead.
Gene Fowler

Greetings

November 1st. the folks at National Novel Writing Monthwant you to write that novel… 

That’s when NaNoWriMo kicks off their annual month long novel writing marathon. That’s right complete fifty thousand words in a month, that’s about 1600 words each and every day. 

The theory is really simple -- most of us are hampered by those pesky internal voices.  Those internal editors that look at the words and start carping about spelling, grammar and the minutia of language, ALL to the detriment of our telling a story.   

NanoWriMo by forcing unrealistic almost impossible goals stuns that nagging voice into silence allowing us to tell our story free from that negativity that so often sabotages our creative efforts   Hopefully the words flow with editing saved for “after”

I’ve participated for several years and my Nano experience has not resulted in any long Novel but it has jump started my creativity allowing me to return to existing tales refreshed and excited to write.

Visit the NanoWriMo website, sign up and this November join a write in either virtual or maybe in person right in your town.   Write those words you’ve always wanted, make it fun not onerous to be creative

Like the ad says:  just do it

Enjoy the journey

WarLord

If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot...reading is the creative center of a writer's life...you cannot hope to sweep someone else away by the force of your writing until it has been done to you.
-Stephen King

#6 2007-11-12 23:32:36

wolfman1666
Tipsy

Warlord are you ever going to finish Scout and Atlantis
                                           Wolfman1666

#7 2007-11-14 10:49:59

advancewar
Wasted

ya atlantis is awsome wanna see more

life=books

#8 2007-11-18 05:02:37

wolfman1666
Tipsy

warlord or advancewar i would like to see Atlantis and Scout finished both are good stories that are just to good to sit around unfinshed
                      wolfman1666

#9 2007-11-18 05:40:14

Insp32
Tipsy

OK Warlord. I am hooked on your Blood and Iron. You lead me down the road and I will have to wait for the next installment. I only got to read the first 13 chapters today. So please, keep up the great writing and I will be here reading.

Thanks

Insp32

#10 2007-11-19 02:24:12

Colorado
Inebriated

Warlord I must say that since I first read one of your stories I have loved your work.  You are one of the few authors that have been able to get my interest and keep it at an all time peak in the intervals that you are writing.  Atlantis was my fifth of your works to read.  I started reading yours from Absolute Power and I was hooked.  I'm just hoping that the doctors visits clear up soon and you get that test result that finally says the medicine is working.  I'm pulling for you all the way.

#11 2007-11-24 01:10:33

advancewar
Wasted

not to badger you warlord and i know you said you would post them if the progresed but could you post them anyway plz

life=books

#12 2007-11-24 04:35:31

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Hmmm.

First you say, "not to badger you..."

And then you proceed to badger him.  I'm confused...

Net Wolf

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#13 2007-12-02 22:46:58

advancewar
Wasted

im a contradiction 3dsmile

life=books

#14 2007-12-05 01:35:50

darkmage455
Tipsy

Glad to see you added to the site Warlord.

#15 2008-03-12 07:32:05

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Greetings

I've added about 1800 words to my story "Rowan Tree" take a look maybe I even remember how after all this time...

Enjoy the journey

WarLord

#16 2010-07-24 06:56:35

Eternaldreams
Tipsy

Many pardons if this sounds rude in any way.  However I have noted that most of the stories that you have written here are unfinished and have been for quite some time.  Are they ever going to be completed or have they gone to the way side in pursuit of other things?

“We can know only that we know nothing. And that is the highest degree of human wisdom.”
--Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

#17 2011-08-28 17:22:06

flar66
Inebriated

Warlord,

I love your work. Especially Absolute Power and Blood and Iron. Any plans on continuing with Blood and Iron?

William Betterman

" There is no substitute for good manners--Except fast reflexes"

#18 2012-02-12 23:19:59

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Greetings

I've posted a new entry on my WarLord's Stories Blog:  "Frustrated"

http://warlordsstories.blogspot.com/201 … trated.htm

#19 2012-03-21 17:33:14

grandad_rufus
Inebriated

Well here's hoping you will become unfrustrated soon 3dsmile

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way.
Grandad Rufus.

It's not that I have a dirty mind, you understand. It's just that so many of my thoughts leave muddy little footprints...

#20 2012-04-29 01:53:21

WarLord
Wasted
Website

#roadtrip #homeagain after 16 days and 4,589.5 mile #roadtrip West of the Big River. Tired and enormously satisfied by the joy I found in my journey.  The breadth of this county is staggering, the beauty is breathtaking. I was astonished at least once a day.

And an observation:  Driving the West is great inspiration for a Post-Apoc story #justsayin

Glad to be home.

#21 2012-04-29 02:10:21

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Please, for Guardians' sake, refrain from Twitter-speak on a site devoted to literature, and thus language.  My head hurts just seeing this crap.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#22 2012-04-29 02:35:51

WarLord
Wasted
Website

But..But I like Twitter and my #hashtags...

However i'll keep your preferences in mind in the future. After all we can't all like the same things THAT would be boring!

#23 2012-04-29 06:47:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Thank you very much.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#24 2012-05-12 10:11:04

Kitsune
Inebriated

Every one of the stories of yours that i have read has been absolutely amazing. I can not wait until you add on to one of them or start something new.

#25 2012-05-20 03:53:29

WarLord
Wasted
Website

Kitsune wrote:

Every one of the stories of yours that i have read has been absolutely amazing. I can not wait until you add on to one of them or start something new.

Thanx for your very nice comments

As you may suspect my stories are dear to me even if I sometimes fear I may never finish them.

Perhaps I can share so recent history.

It's been 2 years since my surgery, a rather extensive bowel resection.  The doctors are finally (slowly) getting my nutrition and vitamin issues under some kind of control.   I'm attending physical and occupational therapy sessions.  My team is thinking we may be getting close to solving some of deeply embedded conditions hampering my writing.

First week in June I will be attending a retreat at The Clearing Folk School in Door County, WI. A week long writing class with writing time and one on one critiques from our instructor. This retreat will be a test of my physical and mental progress. Hopefully a gateway to my resuming productive writing.

Thanx again for your kind words and positive thoughts.

Wish me luck 3dwink

Board footer