Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-03 02:13:57

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Dead Men

Dead Men

have called this story vignette  “writing as therapy” since it resulted from spending too much time standing on green linoleum, staring at beige walls while I drink awful coffee.

The story is 'stream of conscious', the end result of pondering an increasingly war like China with its surplus of unmarried young men when I see a picture of The Cougar Ace

So be advised there is a darker tone to this narrative which set in the present with graphic violence, neither sexual nor gratuitous but will be ample.    There will be sexual situations but they will be peripheral to the central plot arc. 

Did I mention it would be violent? 

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2007-10-05 00:15:06

crxbnt
Tipsy

Re: Dead Men

Sure starts with a bang! Love to read more of this one.

(posted from Chapter Two)

#3 2007-10-05 01:39:21

WarLord
Wasted
Website

crxbnt wrote:

Sure starts with a bang! Love to read more of this one.

Thanx

I'm pondering continuation right now

meanwhile back in Havre...

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?" - George Orwell, Politics and the English Language, 1946

#4 2017-03-15 15:35:00

ChiefRock
Wasted

You really need to continue writing. You have a definite talent

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

Board footer