You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-14 10:39:42

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Site Content Policy

A new page has been added to the main website.  You will find it here:
Site Content Policy

Please be aware that this does not implement any new restrictions.  This merely clarifies the policy and perhaps gives me some legal coverage, just in case.  As some authors have noted, the government seems to be getting more invasive about fictional sex.

Again, I have made no actual changes to what will be allowed on the site, and I have no plans to do so.  In fact, I promise that I will not do so without facing a threat from some authority like my web host or an FBI agent.   The policy, as stated in Bridget's signature, remains in force.

Feel free to comment.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#2 2022-08-17 00:13:15

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Re: Site Content Policy

To the best of my understanding, the website would have to first violate either state or federal law, as there is a disclaimer, I think you are safe. As you said though, we aren’t lawyers.

#3 2022-08-17 02:09:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Site Content Policy

Elessar wrote:

To the best of my understanding, the website would have to first violate either state or federal law...

And the problem is that the federal government has passed some laws which are exceedingly vague in their language.  I think unconstitutionally vague - as if ANY law restricting freedom of the press could be constitutional - but that will not stop the feds from enforcing said laws.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

Board footer