The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#151 2021-12-19 08:36:17

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Re: Agent of Change

It is okay, I do expect the next chapter to promptly be completed in 2 months from now though. That’s written and reviewed, then again, I don’t know if the reviewers realize how good this story is.

Eric Storm wrote:

Elessar wrote:

The only thing I dislike about this chapter… is how fast it took to read it. It was a great chapter, I was expecting the end, or at least something similar but it was still a very good chapter. Couple spots I read to fast and had to go back and reread but that’s my fault… well yours to for writing it so well.

It's not my fault if you have forgotten how to slow down and just enjoy yourself, instead of rushing through everything in life.

3dtongue

Eric Storm

#152 2021-12-19 10:54:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Two months is "prompt"?

I'd personally like it to be written and completed by the end of the year.

It won't be, but I'd like it to be...  I know I could do it, if the muse-bitch would cooperate...

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#153 2021-12-21 02:35:43

StormShaddow
Tipsy

Eric I just finished chapter 13 and damn I love this story and I can't wait for chapter 14 my hart fluttered a little as I was coming to the end of the chapter.

#154 2021-12-24 09:33:13

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Difference is, we the readers, don’t care when your done. Well, I’ll take that back, I don’t care when you are done, over the last several months you haven’t really been on course very well for us to expect the muse to work in your favor, all great authors have dry spells. It just happens. You will finish when you finish.

Eric Storm wrote:

Two months is "prompt"?

It won't be, but I'd like it to be...  I know I could do it, if the muse-bitch would cooperate...

Eric Storm

#155 2021-12-24 14:49:01

ChiefRock
Wasted

Elessar wrote:

Difference is, we the readers, don’t care when your done. Well, I’ll take that back, I don’t care when you are done, over the last several months you haven’t really been on course very well for us to expect the muse to work in your favor, all great authors have dry spells. It just happens. You will finish when you finish.

Eric Storm wrote:

Two months is "prompt"?

Eric Storm

Glad you changed that. While I understand I definitely care when his muse takes a hike

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

#156 2022-01-06 03:27:33

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I’m curious… what was your base for the power bank battery thing being powered by a crystal that was basically microwaved?

Last edited by Elessar (2022-01-06 03:28:06)

#157 2022-01-06 07:40:23

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Elessar wrote:

I’m curious… what was your base for the power bank battery thing being powered by a crystal that was basically microwaved?

My "base"?

And please keep in mind that microwaving it was only the final step.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#158 2022-01-07 22:01:29

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Basically what gave you the idea to use quartz as the “core† for the power?

I’m just curious because I know if you heat up quartz in a certain way, it can actually produce power via light.

Eric Storm wrote:

Elessar wrote:

My "base"?

And please keep in mind that microwaving it was only the final step.

Eric Storm

#159 2022-01-08 00:54:15

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Elessar wrote:

Basically what gave you the idea to use quartz as the “core�  for the power?

I’m just curious because I know if you heat up quartz in a certain way, it can actually produce power via light.

Simple:  Quartz is one of the most abundant minerals on the planet.  It meant my tech wasn't having to concern itself with scarcity.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#160 2022-01-08 03:15:27

ChiefRock
Wasted

The comment that there is much more to quartz than our science has explored is also true. We used crystals a lot around the turn of the century then our science seemed to head in other directions. I have heard several interesting discussions on where we might have gone.

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

#161 2022-01-08 16:51:59

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I am wondering if we kept on that path, if we wouldn’t be closer to where this story is actually leading. Minus the aliens.

ChiefRock wrote:

The comment that there is much more to quartz than our science has explored is also true. We used crystals a lot around the turn of the century then our science seemed to head in other directions. I have heard several interesting discussions on where we might have gone.

#162 2022-01-08 18:53:27

Timberwolf92
Inebriated

Elessar wrote:

I am wondering if we kept on that path, if we wouldn’t be closer to where this story is actually leading. Minus the aliens.

Who’s to say that the aliens aren’t here already?

#163 2022-01-08 19:00:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yeah.  Everyone loves watching a train wreck, don't they?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#164 2022-01-08 23:50:01

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Sucks if they are, they sure aren’t doing a good job helping us or fucking us over.

Timberwolf92 wrote:

Elessar wrote:

Who’s to say that the aliens aren’t here already?

#165 2022-02-14 18:50:58

Lacyann
Inebriated

Very nice chapter.  Had me laughing there at the end with if 'you embarrass her i want pictures' I wonder what went through nick's mind when he said to help him make Lind have fun and Helen how am i suppose to do that

#166 2022-02-15 08:11:00

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Over all, I have to say it was pretty damn good. I didn’t know what kind of business Burculosi’s had but when she said they did electronics, I instantly thought of a merger. I would have liked a little more expansion on details of the church, but, I honestly can’t find any.

Again over all very good. Look very much to reading the next chapter.

#167 2022-02-15 11:46:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

It's... a church.  What kind of details did you want?  Most people know what a Protestant sanctuary looks like, in general...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#168 2022-02-19 20:15:38

mikkelsonr
Tipsy

I wonder if Linda and Helen went to Band Camp together? And if either (or both) of them played the flute?

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#169 2022-02-19 20:47:23

Pleidius
Inebriated

mikkelsonr wrote:

I wonder if Linda and Helen went to Band Camp together? And if either (or both) of them played the flute?

Isn't any discussion like this supposed to start with "One time at Band Camp . . ."?

If you're prepared to face the consequences, go ahead . . .

#170 2022-02-19 21:12:27

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Greatly enjoyed the most recent chapter. Especially looking forward to seeing in what way Helen helps Nick to make Linda have fun and what will happen between Nick and his mom after learning more about each other. Also nice to finally have the question of his mom’s police record answered.

#171 2022-02-19 21:52:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

mikkelsonr wrote:

I'm sure this is actually funny, but I didn't see the movie in question - not even sure which one it is - so the joke has gone over my head.

But yes, Helen did play the flute.  I haven't yet decided what instrument Linda played.  Perhaps violin, or maybe trumpet.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#172 2022-02-19 22:37:34

thehilz
Completely Blotto

American Pie. The female love interest for main character was a flute player. Maybe Linda plays the trombone. 3dbig_smile

#173 2022-02-20 08:30:24

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Ah, the notorious American Pie.  I should have guessed.  Still, the joke makes no sense without context.  Oh, well.

As to playing the trombone... short people should not play instruments requiring long arms.  3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#174 2022-02-21 04:13:59

Josh.Bond
Inebriated

Clarinet or trumpet or oboe. Just about anything else is designed for people with longer arm. Oh, thehilz, I played trombone. 3dcool  they were out of trumpets.

Last edited by Josh.Bond (2022-02-21 04:15:55)

#175 2022-02-21 09:07:07

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Erm... what about saxophone? Or violin? (any of the strings, really...)  Or, hell, the drums?  (Don't tell me they require long arms, I watched a video of an 8yo playing them just yesterday, and she was pretty damned good.)  Really, trombone is the only one that seems like it really stretches the player's reach... though I'll bet that some of the larger horns would be tough for a smaller girl to play.  (No tuba for Linda!)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer