Inebriated

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 8, The

Just to ask are we getting April today. Thanks

#727 2021-03-01 14:25:29

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Of course not, it just turned March!  Geez, writing off the month before it ever really gets a chance to get on its feet and get going.  You'd think you could at least wait until the 2nd to say "To hell with this..."

Oh, you meant the next chapter.  I'll get it posted later today.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#728 2021-03-01 14:28:00

Pugs
Inebriated

Thanks

#729 2021-03-14 06:10:18

Kiwozi
Inebriated

Sad, happy, sad, happy, sad ,happy

(posted from Chapter 15: May - Zyla)

#730 2021-03-14 19:56:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Kiwozi wrote:

Sad, happy, sad, happy, sad ,happy

Make up your mind!  3dbig_smile

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#731 2021-03-21 03:12:26

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

Satisfied.
Sad to see the story end.
Happy to see the resolution of David's situation with Zyla.
Whipsaw from the last few chapters' emotional roller coaster outside of David & Zyla's relationship.

#732 2021-04-01 12:45:39

Pugs
Inebriated

Are we getting MAY today.  PS loved chapter 4 of AOC. Thanks

#733 2021-04-01 15:25:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Am I giving you FOUR chapters in one month?  Fuck no.

Might I give you "Chapter 12: May - Crossroads"? 
...  MAYbe.... 

3dtongue

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#734 2021-05-13 02:51:57

Sdragon
Inebriated
Website

ok, i admit it, i cried

(posted from Chapter 13: May - Feral Moon)

#735 2021-06-01 11:39:34

Pugs
Inebriated

Do we be getting the next chapter today o powerful one.

#736 2021-06-01 21:44:54

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Here is the answer to why WAY8-14 will not be released today:  Writing Status Thread - WAY8-14

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#737 2021-06-01 23:58:58

Pugs
Inebriated

Sorry if it just seemed I wanted the next chapter and forget about the last one because that's not true I love the series
And it's one of the best thing I've ever read and WAY8-13 was just WOW and I'll wait for as long as it take because I'm fucking addicted to your writing.  3dbig_smile

#738 2021-06-02 03:17:41

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

This applies to any internet author you're reading, not just me: 

If you really like someone's work, you need to let them know.  And, just FYI, "Great chapter!" really... it takes no thought whatsoever to make that comment, and we know it.  If you want to let us know you actually liked the work, say something specific.  After all, we spent hours writing the chapter, you can take a minute or two to think through your response to it...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#739 2021-06-02 07:15:44

howard
Inebriated

OK, so you want feedback...

I normally think feedback is either arse-licking or criticism and I don't want to do either especially as I really enjoy the story (all 8 books).

But I do have a slight issue with the particular chapter...

Motivations:

Werewolves: Everything they have done during the war 'feels right' for such a species, especially chapter 13.

Dragons: OK the main reason for their visit was to give David a clue, but my 'gut feeling' would be that the dragons would consider the stand-off 'unfair' with demons involved. Accepted they may well not want a conflict with demon-kind I would have expected them to want some 'fun' like roasting at least a thousand weres around the outside of the castle (so not immediate assistance but levelling the playing field a little).

Fire-bird: Everything it did 'feels right' and it delivered meaningful assistance.

Demons: This is where I really have a problem. We have to assume that the weres offered something meaningful to the demons for their assistance but the demons were not originally directly involved (they were just mercenaries). Now if demon-kind had agreed to assist the weres then the battle would have been over quickly with plenty of demons piling in, so we have to assume we have a dozen 'free-thinkers' out for a 'quick buck'. As soon as the weres started to lose or some demons had been destroyed it would have made sense for the rest (or most of them) to give up and go home.

I was hoping that the next chapter might clear up my confusion but you wanted feedback ASAP.

Otherwise its another excellent chapter.

(posted from Chapter 13: May - Feral Moon)

#740 2021-06-02 10:46:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

As to feedback being ass-kissing or criticism:  Avoiding ass-kissing is within your power.  If you feel praise is deserved, then it's no longer ass-kissing, it's truth.  Likewise, criticism is also fine, SO LONG AS you follow the critiquing guidelines provided by the site, which is really not that hard to do.

Concerning your story-specific feedback, you have a misconception about demons.  Demons are just fairies of a specific type.

Like all fairies, they do what they do because it is in their nature to do so.  Demons like to cause chaos.  Thus, the weres didn't have to offer anything in return, all that had to do was "ask nicely".  The chaos the werewolves were bringing to the world would appeal to the demons by its very nature.

That said, had the entire demon nation got involved, that would have likely triggered the Fairy King to get involved, and there are a LOT more other fairies than there are demons.  Thus, the demons agreed to a specific KIND of help.  It wasn't the demons' battle to win or lose; they had a job to do, and they did it.  Beyond that, they didn't have a dog in the hunt.

As to what they did when they started to lose... demons aren't about to surrender to, or flee from, mortals.  Pride goeth before the fall.

I can reveal these things because the next chapter says exactly nothing about demons, except for a mention that they were in the battle.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#741 2021-06-02 12:41:31

Pugs
Inebriated

The parts were Emile seems to suddenly have sum kind of crush on David for me come out off nowhere she always seem a mothers-grandmother figure.

The battle was done great no side was over powered throw I would of thought that gargoyle's and demons would be on the same power level if not gargoyle's having a bit more.

I needed a couple of minutes when we found out that cat & Prof. Phillips died I wish Goliath had survived loved the character
And upset about prof. Blackstone and Tanya to.

3dbig_smile

#742 2021-06-02 20:29:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Pugs wrote:

The parts were Emile seems to suddenly have sum kind of crush on David for me come out off nowhere she always seem a mothers-grandmother figure.

Then you weren't paying attention.  There were several clues throughout the series of books concerning Emile and David.

The battle was done great no side was over powered throw I would of thought that gargoyle's and demons would be on the same power level if not gargoyle's having a bit more.

I have no idea why you would have thought that.  I specifically said that gargoyles had virtually no magical power.  That alone would make them far weaker than the demons.

Thanks for the feedback.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#743 2021-06-02 22:13:43

Pugs
Inebriated

The only clue for Emile I can think off would be the scene with her fish at the end of it David See's it change color but forgot
What the color meant I though it had something to do with keeping the truth about how he got in the school and all that.

As for the gargoyle's I guess I just assumed and with how everyone acted when they found out David train with them plus I think gargoyle's are badass.  RIP Goliath 
3dbig_smile

Last edited by Pugs (2021-06-02 22:14:50)

#744 2021-06-03 01:51:03

thehilz
Completely Blotto

If I recall right color was crimson and meant arousal

#745 2021-06-03 03:14:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

thehilz is correct.  There was also the entire scenario with her revelations at the Day of Redemption during book 5, plus the banter between Sam and Emile concerning David in a couple different places.

Their relationship was never a "motherly" one.  In the beginning, she was... his principal, and she acted that way.  As the relationship morphed over time, it became friendship and trust.  And the trust is what would have triggered Emile's feelings toward him, as it was something she hadn't done in a very long time.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#746 2021-06-03 10:14:11

Neptune:lord of the sea
Inebriated

I really liked the whole series let alone the chapter. I understand that you had show that death is inevitable in battle and thus the deaths of characters that were a big part of David's life. The deaths of Cat and Prof.Phillip made me sad (looking forward to seeing what happens to Garret and Angela). Looking forward to seeing how you end the series. The battle was beautifully written with a lot of thought given to strategy. Hope you start some other story in this universe.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

Every coin has two sides

#747 2021-06-03 12:47:30

Pugs
Inebriated

I'd assume cats kids go live with her parents and knowing David he sets them up for life or something.

#748 2021-06-04 08:03:15

Sdragon
Inebriated
Website

I honestly have enjoyed this series, the ups and downs of the adventures, the emotional turmoil and fulfilment. And I like how you put in there the possibility of a continued series if the mood and muse should strike you.

(posted from Chapter 15: May - Zyla)

#749 2021-06-13 07:35:02

Neptune:lord of the sea
Inebriated

Another great chapter Eric. Got the question I had about Cat's kids answered. It was a bit sad to lose Lord Woodward. Emile and David's relationship was a long time coming glad to see it finally happen. As always a great chapter.

(posted from Chapter 14: May - Emile)

Every coin has two sides

#750 2021-06-13 13:52:02

Pugs
Inebriated

A great sequel to The Battle. it was a bit weird with Emile given David a blowjob because I've always thought that she was kind of prim and proper but not in a snobby way but it was super hot to so I liked it. David becoming a lord I did not see but big ups to him. The kids I liked the out come with them staying with David him becoming a prof is cool. All The portal stuff was done great I liked how the decided to use it. I nearly cried a bit with lord Woodward going but overall a great chapter loved it.   3dbig_smile

Board footer