The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-04-05 16:01:15

James Marcus
Wasted

Re: General Comments

Eric Storm wrote:

Just a suggestion regarding skipping scenes:  Sometimes, something that happens in a sex scene is actually essential to the plot, and if it happens right in the middle of everything, you won't be able to "not skip" it.  When this happens, just put a short author's note after the skipped portion, to let people who didn't read the scene,know the important part.

Again, just a suggestion.
Eric Storm

PS:  One last thought:  If it is not abundantly obvious from context why you're marking a scene for skipping, put some kind of explanation after the initial ***.  Something like "*** rape", or "*** extremely young", or the like.  Again, just a suggestion.  This allows people who are only squicked by one thing that you're doing to be able to read the rest.  Of course, I imagine in most cases it will be fairly obvious by context... but it might be possible that at some point it isn't, so... like i said, just a suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestions, they are well received.

#27 2019-07-03 07:48:15

James Marcus
Wasted

Due to circumstances beyond my control I don't have any access to my computer at this time. I also have very limited internet access. Until this is resolved all of my stories are on indefinite hold.

#28 2019-07-10 19:32:22

DoomCock
Inebriated

Confirmed.  He's said the same directly to me (his de facto editor) and I've relayed it to his Discord.

He had previously been ill and when last I heard he was recovering well.  I doubt the two are connected, but his hiatus is likely to be quite long.

I have no further information than this at this time, but this is a genuine message from the man himself.

#29 2020-05-07 12:45:01

PBD
Tipsy

About Fateless

Are you going to continue Fateless

#30 2020-10-01 06:11:39

Crusader
Wasted

Ouch, here is a belated hoping your computer issues are resolvable.

Board footer