The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-21 04:49:16

IBSwimmin
Inebriated

Donation question

Hi Eric, which of the three ways to donate would help you the best/with the least fees? I've always donated with just PayPal because I'm lazy, but especially with this whole 'rona  thing going around I wanted to make sure that I picked the best of the three ways.

I figured PayPal was the worst because of the transaction fee, so i was going to use either Amazon or Wal-Mart but wanted to double check before proceeding.

#2 2020-04-21 06:02:19

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Donation question

Here is the order in which the methods of donation are the "most beneficial", based on both fees and flexibility:
    Zelle
    PayPal
    Walmart
    Amazon

PayPal's fees are annoying, but they're not really that onerous.  It's 2.9% + 30ยข.  The other three are free.  Zelle and PayPal are the most flexible. 

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2020-04-21 12:53:03

IBSwimmin
Inebriated

Ok, thanks! And for Zelle I assume I'd use the same storm @... Email?

#4 2020-04-21 18:50:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

That is correct.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2020-04-22 04:33:25

IBSwimmin
Inebriated

Thanks!

Last edited by IBSwimmin (2020-04-22 04:34:09)

#6 2020-04-22 07:23:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just for those who aren't familiar:  Zelle is a service that allows you to send someone money using just their email address or cellphone number.  The money is deposited directly into their bank account, and the transactions are free.  Many banks have Zelle integrated into their websites or apps.  Those that don't, you can still use the system through the Zelle app.

(No, I get no commissions from Zelle.  but often when I mention it, I get blank stares from people, so I figured I'd explain what it is.)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#7 2020-07-18 00:24:31

bistander
Wasted

That's good to know. I saw that as something new on my banking app, but I didn't have time to see what it was. I've done that with Paypal but they skimmed their cut off the top.

Board footer