Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-12 23:07:02

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Artifacts 2: The Coin

Artifacts 2: The Coin

Reba Carstairs received the ring and the amulet from Andrew, but her family life is far more important to her at the moment.  Might the artifacts help her sort things out?

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2016-01-14 02:04:47

Shaggy18
Inebriated

Re: Artifacts 2: The Coin

When will this be available for download? Loved the first series and can't wait to see what happens in the next series.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#3 2016-01-14 03:49:02

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

It's available now, if you have PRM access.  At least the first three chapters are...

3dsmile

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#4 2016-06-02 05:28:33

codemonk3
Tipsy

Probably a stupid question... but do you have a list of stories you're still working on actively, and a release schedule?

I know that you release Woodward6 on the first of every month. Was really happy with this story too, but I see it hasn't been updated since 2014... went into it thinking that it was complete, but now seems like it's abandoned...

#5 2016-06-02 16:42:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

*SIGH*

Every single story on this site has a "status" indicator.  If you will look at the information page for Artifacts 2, you will notice that it says "Serial/Novel - In Progress".

I would have thought that "In Progress" would have been clear enough to indicate that it was certainly NOT finished.

If the story had been abandoned (something I do not do, but is an option on the site), it would have been marked as such:  "Serial/Novel - Abandoned". 

Likewise, it could also be marked as "Serial/Novel - Inactive", but this doesn't apply to Artifacts 2, given the definition of "Inactive", which is no current intent to work on a story.

I write what wants to be written on any given day.  I have been waiting for Artifacts 2 chapter 5 to want to be written for a long time.  So far, I've had no luck in that.  Frankly, I hadn't realized that it had been two years since I posted last on that story.  But then, last year was such a bad writing year all around, I'm not really surprised.

For the record:

"In Progress" - A story is unfinished and is actively (if slowly) being worked on by the author.
"Completed" - A finished story that is not expected to see further alteration.
"Inactive" - A story that is unfinished, and that the author intends to get back to, but is not currently attempting to write on.
"Abandoned" - A story that is unfinished, and is almost certainly going to stay that way.

No, I do not have a release schedule for any story other than Woodward.  I've come dangerously close to failing my release schedule for Woodward, as it is.  I am coming to realize the attraction to those writers who release stories only after they are completed.  It removes the possibility of feedback-induced improvements to the story, but ensures that the readers won't start bitching at me because the story is unfinished.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#6 2016-06-06 19:19:02

thehilz
Completely Blotto

I also have been waiting for an update on this story. No rush until Woodward is done 😂😂

#7 2017-03-18 21:19:40

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I know it's been a rough time, but is there any new update for this story? I know you work on what you have inspiration for but we don't always know that right away, so just curious.

#8 2017-03-18 21:59:45

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Don't expect to see the next chapter anytime soon.  As much as I'm struggling just to produce Woodward Academy, anything else is unlikely in the extreme until my muse gets off vacation.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#9 2017-03-19 13:59:48

Crusader
Wasted

I sometimes wonder if authors who do not release a chapter at a time get the 'is there more' (or any other variation) question less often.

#10 2017-03-19 17:57:16

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Of course they do, because the answer to that question is rather obvious.  "I just released a book.  Of course there isn't more... in that book."

I'm quite sure they still get the "will you be writing a sequel?" question a lot (as do I), and the "when will your book be out?" question, if they have announced they're writing one...

But not the "is there more?" question.  That's kind of exclusive to us serial posters.

They also probably don't get as much feedback, as people will respond ONCE, when they've read the book, as opposed to once per chapter.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#11 2017-04-12 02:48:15

unrenowned
Tipsy

Looking forward to Chapter 4.

(posted from Chapter 3)

#12 2018-06-09 11:42:40

Lacy69
Inebriated

Great story so far Eric.  I hope you find your muse for this story again, and i know you will 3dsmile.

#13 2018-06-09 19:45:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

One of these days...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#14 2019-06-10 17:05:14

Josh.Bond
Inebriated

Awsome, I can't wait until "Candy" realizes they kidnapped the wrong daughter.

(posted from Chapter 4)

#15 2019-06-10 19:16:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You really think she'll care?  Not like she's been fawning over Sissy, either...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#16 2019-06-27 05:28:51

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Really enjoyed the new chapter especially after wondering for so long what the coin did. Hopefully there won’t be as long of a wait for the next chapter. Keep up the excellent work.

#17 2020-05-07 22:16:24

mikkelsonr
Tipsy

Just write when the inspiration and time allows. We will still be here patiently waiting...

#18 2020-05-08 02:49:10

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

mikkelsonr wrote:

Just write when the inspiration and time allows. We will still be here patiently waiting...

Oh, if only this were actually true.

The fact of the matter is that there are dozens of people who used to visit this site very actively, who are never around anymore.  So, no, there's no guarantee that there will be people around to read my work if I take too long.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#19 2020-05-08 06:12:00

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

How about, some of us will continue to haunt this place until you finish your stories.

#20 2020-12-10 17:07:50

rlcsub63
Tipsy

Hello...  Is the author home?  Will he be coming back to this story someday?

#21 2020-12-10 19:30:24

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

rlcsub63 wrote:

Hello...  Is the author home?  Will he be coming back to this story someday?

On the grounds that I know you CAN read, you obviously know who the author is of this story, and I'll assume the question is facetious.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#22 2021-04-21 14:59:50

Hyproxy
Tipsy

Would have liked the ending better if ended like the first, with Reba realising she still had the power as she helped someone.

(posted from Chapter 6)

#23 2021-04-21 16:46:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I saw no reasonable way to put in an after-transfer scene that would have worked well.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#24 2021-04-25 16:09:48

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Ending was definitely not one I expected. Thou I do agree that not seeing Reba finding out she still has the power was a little disappointing. I hope that you’re able to figure out the next installment plot sometime.

#25 2021-04-25 22:57:53

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, I want someone to explain this to me... I'm not being facetious or sarcastic, I genuinely do not understand.

What does a scene where Reba discovers she still has her powers add to the story?  Why is it disappointing that it's missing?  You know from the first book that the powers are kept, so it doesn't add any information.

So... seriously... exactly what does this add to the story?  Technically, A2-Ep. is still in PRM, meaning it is not necessarily in its final form.  I can add a scene... but to spend the effort to come up with one, someone's going to have to explain why it's useful, because I don't get it.  To me, it seems repetitive, which is a good part of why I didn't spend more effort trying to find a workable scene for after-transfer.

So... Change my mind.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer