The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#301 2019-09-01 21:18:00

Blackie
Inebriated

Re: Potential

bistander wrote:

If not for you, Eric, this story would have been finished two years ago, and it would have been oh hum, and done, and I would have been the same, so thank you.

In that case, Thank you Eric for encouraging Bistander because this is one of my favorite stories to visit lately. I think it's wonderful, Bistander. Do not sell yourself short. It's good stuff.

-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

#302 2019-10-30 20:45:43

coachc32
Inebriated

I noticed that it's been awhile since anyone has posted a comment. How have things been?

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#303 2019-12-07 18:42:47

coachc32
Inebriated

Hello, anyone else in here lol??? Where did everyone go?

#304 2019-12-14 17:32:42

lignum
Tipsy

Just waiting patiently 3dtongue

#305 2019-12-16 16:14:07

HendrixMorton
Inebriated

Just hanging out, waiting for the next installment...

#306 2019-12-18 13:13:18

Ju_per
Tipsy

This story is pure sex and almost as good as sex the deeper you get into it the better it gets

(posted from Chapter 25: Theres Something About Her)

#307 2019-12-18 15:54:40

bistander
Wasted

Wow, where the fuck has bistander been? Too long a story to get into, but I'm trying to get it going. I'm using a Samsung tablet in Dex mode right now on a new browser, Brave(mush faster than Chrome, Edge and Firefox). Nothing is working right. I feel like the day I got my first windows computer. I'm giving this until the end of the day and if I'm not able to feel like there is hope that I'll be able to get back to work, I'm going to buy a new laptop. Why doesw my life have to nbe so complicated? Do I do this to myself?

#308 2019-12-18 23:16:31

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'll assume your old laptop crapped out on you?  I can't imagine the frustration of trying to do any writing on a tablet, even with an external keyboard.  Good luck getting things back up and running to your satisfaction.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Please don't be an asshole to me, because then I'll have to be an asshole to you... and I'm MUCH better at being an asshole than you are.

#309 2019-12-31 18:38:24

bistander
Wasted

I still managed to get some work done, frustrating as it was, but I finally had to part with my money and get a new machine. I hate getting a new computer. I'll need to install all the shit I already had, but for now I'm trying to get chapter 30 done. Lots of editing to do, but most everything in written.

#310 2020-01-14 13:20:53

bistander
Wasted

It's been a long time, again, so I thought I should stop in and let you know I am working. In the last few days, I have been editing/proofing and trying to figure out how to organize the scenes. The chapter ended up having a lot of sex, and I'm trying to avoid having two long scenes run back to back, but it's all happening on the same day, so my options are limited. Sorry, you might have to suffer through too much sex. Shrug.

#311 2020-01-14 17:21:17

Blackie
Inebriated

Sheesh. I get badly overworked, spend a fortnight in the hospital, overwork some more, deal with rl family issues, then come back on to check on things....

And there's a couple chapters I've missed. Still the best story of it's kind I know of Bistander. I wish I was weaving story lines the way you do.

-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

#312 2020-01-16 13:45:46

bistander
Wasted

Blackie. Sorry to hear you got worked so hard you had to take your vacation in the hospital. What are you, a pack mule?

I wanted to publicly thank you for your private message about this story. It was amazing and extremely encouraging. Those kind of well thought out, meaningful reviews are what help me through the bouts of depression and make it easier to work through the pains my body experiences after 30+ years behind a keyboard. I wish I had started writing at the beginning of those years. Maybe then this story would be finished by now.

Thanks again, and I wish you well in 2020, hopefully, more pay and less work, or at least no hospital stays.

#313 2020-01-17 01:41:07

Blackie
Inebriated

bistander wrote:

What are you, a pack mule?

I wanted to publicly thank you for your private message about this story. It was amazing and extremely encouraging.

If I were a pack mule, it would more reasonably explain the hospital, which was for back surgery and went from what was supposed to be a 5 day ordeal into a monster because the surgeon took a look and decided he had to fuse 8 instead of only 3 vertebrae. On the good news side, I only had to take 1 of the Percocet today, an improvement over the 8 a day I was going through post surgery. My employers all think my time is theirs no matter what except they limit my billing to 40 hrs/wk, which no, does not give me much spare time.

I meant every word of that private message. I don't want to advertise all the contents publicly, but this one story is very powerfully moving, for me at least. It is both bawdy in a fun way and emotive in a deep way that tugs my darkness within. You have a lot there you've given us, and I am grateful.

Yes, I am struggling to pick up on my own writing. It's still in the "gotta make it back into the universe" state of contemplation and meditation.

Last edited by Blackie (2020-01-17 01:42:51)

-Himself

#314 Yesterday 19:05:40

bistander
Wasted

Jeez, I've had neck surgery and it's a bitch. 8 vertebrae is most of them. :-) I'm glad you are surviving and cutting back on the drugs. I hope you will be able to do all the things that hurt or couldn't be done before the surgery. At least then there is a reward for your suffering.

Getting back to writing is hard. I go through that after every chapter posts. I post, let out a huge sigh, and think I deserve a break. I do, but breaks bread breaks and procrastination like rats.

Chapter 30 has turned into a monster, also. I'm about to start going back through it to see if I can actually get away with packing that much into a single chapter without killing the readers. If not, I'll have to restructure and changes scenes so they can happen on a different day. I hadn't thought about it until now, but Potential is like that show 24 from way back in the early 2000s. A shit ton happens in a short period of time.

Thanks again and get back to writing as soon as you're able.

#315 Yesterday 20:46:18

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just a thought:  If you feel the chapter is too long, why can you not just find a stopping point, as opposed to rearranging your story?  Just break what you have into two chapters.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Please don't be an asshole to me, because then I'll have to be an asshole to you... and I'm MUCH better at being an asshole than you are.

Board footer