The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-27 22:04:40

MDH1969
Inebriated

Age gap/limit

Not sure if I should put this here or in the General section or where.  I'm just asking two questions.  First what is the youngest age people would be interested in having a participant in a story, male or female? Second what is the biggest age gap between participants that is acceptable to people?  Not that I intend of using either of these, but more so I don't push the limits too far.

#2 2019-12-27 22:39:17

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Age gap/limit

Just to state the official site position:  Whatever you want to write, you can post.  The Mystic Wolf Pub has a no-censorship policy.  (I figure you already know this, but just in case you didn't...)

My personal opinion is that the girl must have girl-curves before I find it appealing.  How old that is varies with the girl, so...  Age difference matters not in the slightest to me so long as the younger party isn't being unduly pressured.

Others will, of course, have other opinions on the matter, but I think you're going to find that damn near anything is acceptable to some group of people, so you probably ought to just stick with what you, yourself, enjoy.  People will either like that, or not, and they'll read it, or not, accordingly.  Or, if your story around the sex is strong enough, they may just skip those scenes and read your story anyway. 

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2019-12-28 02:43:02

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

Well, letting my male chauvinist pig loose, my preference is the girl be at least a teenager (13+).  For the boy, I don't really care.  If he can get it up and use it effectively, then go for it.  Eric's got to have curves policy also works for me, but then I've met a young woman that was only 11 years old and looked 21 and had every guy in the room drooling over her until her mom introduced her as being 11 years old.

#4 2019-12-28 11:18:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Barbarian3165 wrote:

Eric's got to have curves policy also works for me, but then I've met a young woman that was only 11 years old and looked 21 and had every guy in the room drooling over her until her mom introduced her as being 11 years old.

hehehe.  And everyone either privately panicked, or silently swore like a sailor.  3dbig_smile

Just for the record, I wouldn't have any problem at all with a girl like that getting laid in a story.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#5 2019-12-28 15:17:24

MDH1969
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

Barbarian3165 wrote:

Eric's got to have curves policy also works for me, but then I've met a young woman that was only 11 years old and looked 21 and had every guy in the room drooling over her until her mom introduced her as being 11 years old.

Just for the record, I wouldn't have any problem at all with a girl like that getting laid in a story.

Eric Storm

I'd be happy to right a story with a girl like that.  I only asked this because, like the horror/snuff story, I didn't want to write something for people and find that it was not liked.  I'm the same as most writers I expect, we want people to like what we write.  It wouldn't be good to write a story that no one would enjoy because the main characters was too young or there was too big an age gap with characters.  It's a case of finding what people are okay with reading.  I'd like to write another horror/snuff story but I'm not sure so I haven't.

#6 2019-12-28 20:15:01

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Unless you're getting paid to put words to file, then you need to write for yourself, not to make anyone else happy.  Just remember: if YOU like what you wrote, there is going to be a whole group of people who also like what you wrote.  Don't try to tailor your story to your perceived audience.  Your story will find its own audience.  Just make sure you tag it properly, and describe it adequately.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#7 2019-12-29 11:46:33

MDH1969
Inebriated

Does that mean you have to write for the audience here Eric as you get paid for this site with contributions.

#8 2019-12-29 14:05:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I am not being paid to write.  If I was being paid to write, December would not be one of my best donation months of the year, as I have written almost nothing.  December is a notoriously bad month for me and my writing.  I'm either much too busy (when I have a partner), or I'm much too depressed (when I don't) to do a good amount of writing in December.

No, I am being paid for just being awesome.  3dcool   Just kidding.  I'm being paid because I have a very generous fanbase that doesn't want me being all stressed the fuck out.

I write almost exclusively for myself, with only secondary consideration for what the fans might like.  I started writing (and I'm not kidding) because I didn't like the stories I had available to read, and felt I could do at least as good a job as the people writing at the time.  I STILL spend more time reading my own work than anyone else's.  I write what I want to read.  Which is why some of my own books annoy me, as I no longer want to read them.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#9 2019-12-30 11:46:08

MDH1969
Inebriated

Ok, well, I think if I made some of my main protagonists the sort of thing I'd like to read about you might not like them.  Maybe a little too flat for your liking 3dsmile.  Plus there might be a bit more in the way of violence and death in my stories.

#10 2019-12-30 13:11:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

*shrugs*  Not to my liking, but possibly to a whole bunch of other people's liking.  All of that stuff is a crap-shoot.  And ultimately, you have to remember that you're the one who's got to write it.  You have to spend far more time with it than your readers do, so if you're not "into" what you're writing, it's going to be a torture fest... for YOU, not your characters.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer