The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#76 2019-08-21 18:06:42

Old Salt
Tipsy

Re: Agent of Change

Thank you for bringing this story line further forward. Looking for and anticipating the next chapter(s).

(posted from Chapter 7)

#77 2020-02-03 19:54:23

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

[moved posting, made by Elessar:]

Elessar wrote:

I liked the way it played out. The story went smoothly, I read it last night and kind of expected the ending, so I looked forward to that. The other news about possible mommies was new and unexpected(considering their age). Over all I really enjoy it. Skipped the sex cause the story was better.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#78 2020-02-03 19:56:29

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Elessar wrote:

I liked the way it played out. The story went smoothly, I read it last night and kind of expected the ending, so I looked forward to that.

...I was gonna ask how you could expect something that I didn't even decide to do until I was in the middle of writing this chapter... then I remembered you helped develop that subplot.  3dsmile  Cheater!  LOL

The other news about possible mommies was new and unexpected(considering their age).

I don't understand this comment... what is it about the ages of Ayumi, Mel and Lotty that surprises you?

Skipped the sex cause the story was better.

If you're gonna skip the sex in Agent of Change, you're going to be reading a very short story, given this one is rated XX...

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#79 2020-02-05 22:32:56

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I didn’t help develop anything, it was all your decision.

As for the possible mommies, I was referring to his neighbor, Mrs Tarbon(spelled wrong but on mobile so to lazy to look) mostly. She is older then the typical target I feel. From the descriptions I’m guessing she is closed to 55 then the rest of them.

I guess saying I SKIPPED is wrong, as I glossed the sex scenes in case there was talking that was important or something happened.

Eric Storm wrote:

Elessar wrote:

I liked the way it played out. The story went smoothly, I read it last night and kind of expected the ending, so I looked forward to that.

...I was gonna ask how you could expect something that I didn't even decide to do until I was in the middle of writing this chapter... then I remembered you helped develop that subplot.  3dsmile  Cheater!  LOL

The other news about possible mommies was new and unexpected(considering their age).

I don't understand this comment... what is it about the ages of Ayumi, Mel and Lotty that surprises you?

Skipped the sex cause the story was better.

If you're gonna skip the sex in Agent of Change, you're going to be reading a very short story, given this one is rated XX...

Eric Storm

#80 2020-02-06 00:21:51

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

The word you were seeking was "skimmed", a form of reading I'm completely incapable of doing, thanks to my eye condition.

Why, exactly, would you assume a woman who just sent her kids off to college was 55???:
18 + 4 years for college = 22
22 + 3 years (to space the kids out slightly) = 25
25 + 18 years (for the youngest to be ready for college) = 43
43 + 2 years to account for variable timing = 45 years old(ish)

45's a long long way from 55.  And according to my story notes, she starts the story at age 43.

But, of course, Pat Tambor (spelled just like the actor) is different.  She started that relationship, not Nick.

As to helping develop plotlines:  By your logic, no one has ever helped me develop a plotline.  I'm the writer: I always make the final decision.  But if the thoughts never cross my consciousness, then it's a decision I can't make one way or the other.  Deal with it:  Some of this story is now your fault.
3dtongue  LOL

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#81 2020-02-06 06:50:13

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Well in that case, if you need any more assistance, I am more then happy to lend a thought or two. I work crazy hours but you know how to get a hold of me.

#82 2020-02-06 13:48:09

Crusader
Wasted

55 isnt that far off for my generation.

18 + 4 years for college = 22
22 + 10 years (to live and find a good gusband) = 32
32 + 1 years (making da baby) = 33 (current day)
33 + 18 years (for the oldest to be ready for college) = 51
51 + 2 years to account for variable timing = 53 years old(ish)

Granted this is all based on my sister, so now i have to go check and verify if other millennials are simmilar

#83 2020-02-06 19:34:20

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You know, I was waiting for someone to say something like this.

At either age - 43 or 55 - Pat Tambor is obviously not a millennial.

43 would make her solidly a GenXer.  55 would put her at the very tail end of the Baby Boomers.  (Or, by some accounts, the very start of GenX.)

Not to mention the story has already said she had a child right out of college.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#84 2020-02-07 00:18:33

Crusader
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

You know, I was waiting for someone to say something like this.

At either age - 43 or 55 - Pat Tambor is obviously not a millennial.

43 would make her solidly a GenXer.  55 would put her at the very tail end of the Baby Boomers.  (Or, by some accounts, the very start of GenX.)

Not to mention the story has already said she had a child right out of college.

Eric Storm

Eric Storm wrote:

Why, exactly, would you assume a woman who just sent her kids off to college was 55???

Because when people think of things happrning to fictional characters, typically they use what will happen to them or their own experences.

I didn't say she was a millennial, I was commenting on why someone would think of age 55. And if you were waiting on something like my comment, you already knew why someone would have thought it.

Edit, an autocorrect typo

Last edited by Crusader (2020-02-07 00:19:18)

#85 2020-02-07 01:43:32

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Yes, I was expecting someone to make a comment that wasn't relevant to the character.  So, thank you for fulfilling my expectations.

Not to mention, your comment takes the entire discussion out of the context in which it exists, which is a story in which the reader has already been told that her first child was born shortly after she graduated college...  AND in which she has said she graduated about 20 years ago.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#86 2020-02-07 01:47:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Crusader wrote:

I didn't say she was a millennial...

No, you didn't.  But you DID say this:

Crusader wrote:

so now i have to go check and verify if other millennials are simmilar

Which would only be relevant if you were trying to build a case that the way your sister behaves is the way Pat Tambor would behave because they are both millennials.  You may not have been saying that, but it is what you implied.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#87 2020-02-07 06:02:38

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I suppose I should defend my age guess. So i don't recall her exact age when she graduated college... Nor what her degree was when she did graduate. So to my understanding, she could have been anywhere from 20-26 when she graduated. If she had her first child right out of college, I'd add a year just for cushion, so 21-27. So 20 years after that I suppose is 41-47. In my mind, someone considered OLD would be closer to 50-55. Which is how the character in some degree is portrayed.

#88 2020-02-07 07:40:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

No, that is how SHE feels, not how she is portrayed.  And you find me a 40-year-old woman who just had her husband walk out on her who did NOT feel old.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#89 2020-02-08 05:27:15

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Ah, fair enough, fair enough.

#90 2020-02-08 14:34:32

Crusader
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

Yes, I was expecting someone to make a comment that wasn't relevant to the character.  So, thank you for fulfilling my expectations.

Not to mention, your comment takes the entire discussion out of the context in which it exists, which is a story in which the reader has already been told that her first child was born shortly after she graduated college...  AND in which she has said she graduated about 20 years ago.

Eric Storm

I reread the entire story so far before my post on the 6th, and well i believe you that these data points werein the story, I only remember that her kids were just off to college. I am not, nor have I been making the case on the age of the character, I've been posting on why someone would think an age range. When I was reading I was assuming 38-42

Eric Storm wrote:

Crusader wrote:

I didn't say she was a millennial...

No, you didn't.  But you DID say this:

Crusader wrote:

so now i have to go check and verify if other millennials are simmilar

Which would only be relevant if you were trying to build a case that the way your sister behaves is the way Pat Tambor would behave because they are both millennials.  You may not have been saying that, but it is what you implied.

Eric Storm

This comment was so that I wasn't misrepresenting what millennials were doing vs what I assumed we as a group are tending to do. Not to imply anything about your characters.

---------

I was only attempting to answer the following with an example of how to get there.

Eric Storm wrote:

Why, exactly, would you assume a woman who just sent her kids off to college was 55???

#91 2020-02-08 14:37:32

Crusader
Wasted

Elessar wrote:

In my mind, someone considered OLD would be closer to 50-55. Which is how the character in some degree is portrayed.

Well... I wasn't even close on how you got to 55.

#92 2020-02-08 19:18:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Crusader wrote:

Yeah, whatever.  You're going to continue to insist your point is valid.  I'm going to continue to maintain that your point was irrelevant in the context of the conversation.  Neither of us is going to sway the other.

Given that the discussion of this stupid-assed issue has received far more attention than the chapter itself, I'm not wasting any more of my life on it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#93 2020-03-20 11:50:30

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Only complaint I have about the new chapter was that it ended lol. With all the women Nick is intimate with at the office I wouldn’t be surprised if they eventually have an office orgy. Looking forward to the next installment

#94 2020-03-20 18:38:59

ChiefRock
Wasted

I really like where I believe you are going with this story Eric. I definitely like the characters and plot. I however have a thing about hypocritical preachers makes me want to strangle him

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

#95 2020-03-20 20:33:24

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

TheHilz:

I'm not a fan of orgy scenes, so you're not likely to see one.  I've written a few in the past, but you'll note their rarity: this is why.  I even find threesome scenes to be... troublesome, though not quite as bad as orgies.  Sorry.

ChiefRock:

I know why you wouldn't want to say anything here, but please, contact me by email with where you believe this story is going.  I probably won't confirm/deny whether you're right, but hearing where you think it's going might give me some new ideas, which is always a good thing.

And, who knows, your idea might be better than mine.  3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#96 2020-03-21 04:10:16

Timberwolf92
Inebriated

Loving the story more with each chapter.
Eagerly awaiting the next.

#97 2020-03-24 06:58:24

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Quick character preference survey:

Is Mel (the short, heavy female character):
     1) Really wild in bed
     2) Very emotional/connected in bed
     3) More playful than anything in bed

You can just state your preference, no need to elaborate if you don't feel like it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#98 2020-03-24 07:13:18

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Really wild

#99 2020-03-24 07:32:56

Elessar
Completely Blotto

I prefer somewhere in the middle of wild and adventurous(playful) in bed. Typically heavy set females that I have met are about that. Like to try new things but are rough and tough in bed.

#100 2020-03-24 09:23:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Playful != Adventurous.  Playful meant exactly that: playful.  They think that joy and silliness can be part of sex.

----
Facebook page

Board footer