The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#276 2019-04-10 13:11:51

bistander
Wasted
Registered: 2015-09-03
Posts: 137

Re: Potential

morningwood wrote:

chapter 5 and still going strong.great writing

(posted from Chapter 5 Youve got the Devil Inside)

Thank you so much for taking a minute to let me know how you feel. That is my only reward for the 100's of hours I invest and a reminder that I have to keep working.
I hope it only keeps getting better for you. I must warn you, though, don't race through it. It is a very complex tale, and I'm still working on it, so if you get to chapter 28, you might end up having to wait.

I've been in a horrible depressive funk, so there hasn't been much produced over the last several weeks. I am hoping the rainy season will end and some sun and warmer weather will lift my spirits.

Offline

 

#277 2019-04-19 16:01:28

E. Nygma
Tipsy
Registered: 2019-04-17
Posts: 2

Re: Potential

I joined this site specifically to let you know how much I am enjoying Potential. I went into it thinking it would be "stroke material" but I find myself actually CARING about the characters now.

I don't really think Evan can end up with Candy OR Deana but I am pulling for Deana/Rebecca (and possibly Gloria/Darlene).

I like the way you are giving depth to Darlene. Her promiscuity is clearly forged out of a difficult childhood and it makes her a more sympathetic character than if it felt as though she would merely screw anybody or anything. I disagree with Darlene on one point: The true "wildcat" in my eyes is Becky not Rebecca. That girl is crazy.

I am really hoping that you continue to flesh out the story and that we get to see a rewarding denouement that lets us know at least how the Rebecca/Deana/Candy/Cindy and Jason/Becky/BJ arcs play out. Perhaps even a glance 4-5 years into the future, whatever it may be, after the inevitable storm coming when John returns from China.

I have read the entire 28 chapters now multiple times. 3dbig_smile

Last edited by E. Nygma (2019-04-19 16:03:18)

Offline

 

#278 2019-04-23 17:26:59

bistander
Wasted
Registered: 2015-09-03
Posts: 137

Re: Potential

E. Nygma wrote:

I have read the entire 28 chapters now multiple times. 3dbig_smile

Well, hells bells, that makes me smile. I wish I had time to reread the story, but if I did I'd end up working on it and fixing the typos that I know are in there.

I'm taking my time in hopes of making the ending as good as the rest of the story. It's getting more difficult to decide how much to give away in each chapter in order to keep the story an interesting page-turner. Hopefully, I'll have something to post fairly soon.

Thank for taking the time to comment.

Offline

 

#279 2019-05-19 02:13:06

bistander
Wasted
Registered: 2015-09-03
Posts: 137

Re: Potential

I know it's been a long time since the last chapter, so I figured I should drop a message here. I wish I could say I had a good reason or at least an excuse but I don't. The writing was going slow and for a time it wasn't going at all. I think I might have gotten a bit overwhelmed trying to pack everything into the last few chapters without revealing something too soon or forgetting to close all the open stuff. I know it's not gonna be perfect and not everybody it going to like the way things wrapped up, but I want to do my best work yet. That's what I've been working towards these past three years.

I am working and have a lot of rough draft stuff. Feel free to ask questions, send encouragement or whatever just so I know more than three people care if I keep working on this. I'm gonna finish it regardless, but it might help keep me moving faster.

Offline

 

#280 2019-05-19 17:52:34

E. Nygma
Tipsy
Registered: 2019-04-17
Posts: 2

Re: Potential

I'm excited to see work is going on again. Interestingly, I had planned on posting here anyway because I have been thinking about the fact that "Deana" is based on a real person/real events.

Since that is the case, I just wanted to express my hope that she/he has gotten counseling for the molestation at the hands of "John". It only just dawned on me in the latest reading of it that someone IRL had that occur.

Looking forward to seeing the resolution of the Deana/Rebecca and Darlene/Becky arcs and what ends up happening with John.

Offline

 

#281 2019-05-20 00:50:35

coachc32
Inebriated
Registered: 2016-11-19
Posts: 14

Re: Potential

I will chime in here and say that I'm glad work is flowing again. I know things can get rough at times. I know it will be well worth the wait though. You are an amazing writer! I am a huge fan. I do have one question though. Ch 29 will be the next, and you are talking about the end. Do you have a prediction for the total number of chapters there will be?  Sorry, two questions lol... I have to ask cuz I'm such a fan. Please tell me there will be more stories to come from you after Potential ends up?

(posted from the Item Information Page)

Offline

 

#282 2019-05-25 19:02:37

bistander
Wasted
Registered: 2015-09-03
Posts: 137

Re: Potential

It is refreshing to see comments. I know it's because it's so long between chapters, but it gets lonely wondering if anyone is still interested.

coachc32, I don't know for sure, but the plot won't support too many more. At least three, I'd guess. I have had 100's of story ideas that I jotted down and forgot about because I can't do two things at once. I can't even finish cleaning up and posting My Neighbor's Incest while working on Potential because Joe and Evan start to merge. I am working this week on a contest story. It was one I wasn't going to do because I didn't want any distractions, but the idea wouldn't leave me alone. I'm gonna be hard pressed to make the 30th deadline.

Nygma, yes, lots of it.

Offline

 

#283 2019-05-28 13:56:46

devonglen
Tipsy
Registered: 2016-07-16
Posts: 4

Re: Potential

Looking forward to chapter 29. I am not a writer so I can only imagine how hard it is at the end of a story to sort it all out and keep going.
Also looking forward to more of My Neighbor's Incest.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

Offline

 

#284 2019-05-28 15:57:17

Blackie
Inebriated
From: US
Registered: 2017-07-12
Posts: 70

Re: Potential

bistander wrote:

It is refreshing to see comments. I know it's because it's so long between chapters, but it gets lonely wondering if anyone is still interested.

Write for yourself first. The rest of us, well, I for one am anxious to see more of your work. I do know what it's like though to feel you cannot continue with a story, for a variety of reasons.

At this instant I have one on indeterminate hold here on Wolfpub that I thought I'd started well then saw I would have to rework a whole lot after putting as much effort in as I had. That was very disheartening to me. After I finish another I will have to open it again and see if I can wake up the sleeping giant. I have one meant specifically for here I have NOT shared on that has reached 50k words I am sitting on because the words won't come for what's supposed to happen next. And I have three that are entirely intended to be marketable to mainstream fiction which are halfway through and staring me in the face whenever I open that folder. Plus I have one I'm debating bringing back from the undead pile which was paused due to calamity to computer (involving disk crash) and just plain life (living takes priority over my fantasies).

So if you get to it soon, get to it later, you have an audience of one, yourself; then you have the rest of us, who would love to see more of it without you feeling pressured.


-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

Offline

 

#285 2019-05-31 13:44:29

bistander
Wasted
Registered: 2015-09-03
Posts: 137

Re: Potential

Blackie wrote:

So if you get to it soon, get to it later, you have an audience of one, yourself; then you have the rest of us, who would love to see more of it without you feeling pressured.

That is great to hear and refreshing. Thank you.

I thought I had a lot of things half baked. I hope you find your moe joe on at least one of those and get it done. Read something about unfinished stories in a book, I think it was First Aid for Writers, and it wasn't good. Can't quote it, but it as something about causing depression and or other emotional and mental problems. It made me try and stick to one thing to the end before embarking on something new. That doesn't always work, though. Sometimes I need a break from Potential to let things marinate, so I write short stories. As long as I keep writing something my mental state is pretty good, but when I don't write at all, I go all screwy.

Thanks for your input, it helped.

Offline

 

#286 2019-07-04 02:30:36

coachc32
Inebriated
Registered: 2016-11-19
Posts: 14

Re: Potential

I'm just checking in on things. I haven't seen any updates or comments on here in a long time. How are things going?

(posted from the Item Information Page)

Offline

 

#287 2019-07-09 15:57:29

neolyn
Inebriated
Registered: 2016-02-13
Posts: 76

Re: Potential

I'm still here waiting you know ? been for a long time and will be for a long time if you need that time.

Just, post more updates okay ? Please. Even if it's just to say, you didn't wrote anything. Just so we know, you're still there and didn't give up you stories.

Offline

 

#288 2019-07-09 17:44:59

Blackie
Inebriated
From: US
Registered: 2017-07-12
Posts: 70

Re: Potential

Maybe he's trying to read my junk and just can't stop laughing at me?


-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

Offline

 

#289 2019-07-11 11:58:41

bistander
Wasted
Registered: 2015-09-03
Posts: 137

Re: Potential

Blackie wrote:

Maybe he's trying to read my junk and just can't stop laughing at me?

I hope that's because you write comedy, otherwise you should be nicer to yourself. I wish I was reading, but rarely have time for that anymore. Writers need to read, though, so I should find a way to relocate my time.

I took two weeks off to write a story for a contest story. That ended up being two long, intense weeks of very emotional write. I hadn't given myself enough time because I wanted to be working on Potential, so every extra minute had to go into it. I just made the deadline but knew the story needed more work. I kept working on it even though it had been submitted. That became two more weeks. The story won, but instead of being excited, I was depressed because I'm mental. I had to finish the story the way it should have been. I got all jammed up in my head and didn't do anything for a week. I still haven't finished the story or written anything else.

If you're thinking, blah, blah, blah, just write Potential, I don't blame you; that's what I tell myself. It will happen, and I hope someone will still be around to read it.

Offline

 

#290 2019-08-09 03:25:36

coachc32
Inebriated
Registered: 2016-11-19
Posts: 14

Re: Potential

Any updates on the next chapter? Just a dedicated fan over here anxiously awaiting the upcoming events.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

Offline

 

#291 2019-08-12 11:35:39

bistander
Wasted
Registered: 2015-09-03
Posts: 137

Re: Potential

I've been avoiding stopping in here because I'm embarrassed about still not having a new chapter. Hang in there. At some point, things have got to turn around in support of my getting the words out.

I was too busy shiting myself this past weekend to get anything done, and my guys are still killing me. Not a great way to spend my birthday.

I'm not giving!

Offline

 

#292 2019-08-13 06:08:24

Elessar
Wasted
Registered: 2009-10-28
Posts: 166

Re: Potential

We just look forward to the results. Take your time.

Offline

 

#293 2019-08-13 19:56:24

Blackie
Inebriated
From: US
Registered: 2017-07-12
Posts: 70

Re: Potential

bistander wrote:

I've been avoiding stopping in here because I'm embarrassed about still not having a new chapter.

Don't let that stop you from popping in and saying something, however brief. You've nothing to be embarrassed about. What you've put into the story so far is something you should be proud of.

Meanwhile. I have the problem of I remember what happens next in my current story so I feel like I shouldn't have to re-visit it to write it down. Okay. Not entirely. But...


-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

Offline

 

#294 2019-08-16 07:29:05

gizmo2590
Tipsy
Registered: 2018-01-04
Posts: 2

Re: Potential

aint seenany comments in here in quite a while still waitin on the next chapter of potential will keep checkin back in hopes of a brand new chapter to read! hope alls been well for ya!

Offline

 

#295 2019-08-16 07:50:33

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
From: New Port Richey, FL
Registered: 2006-09-12
Posts: 4475
Website

Re: Potential

...what exactly qualifies as "quite a while" for you?  The last comment in this thread was 3 days ago.  The last comment by Bistander in this thread was four days ago.

Eric Storm


Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Please don't be an asshole to me, because then I'll have to be an asshole to you... and I'm MUCH better at being an asshole than you are.

Offline

 

#296 2019-08-22 20:02:46

neolyn
Inebriated
Registered: 2016-02-13
Posts: 76

Re: Potential

New Chapter was good. We got a bit of everyone. It's a bit frustrating that each character keeps important things to each other so much, but somehow it makes the story go forward, really slowly but forward nonetheless.


Keep writting !

Offline

 

#297 2019-08-23 02:02:01

Elessar
Wasted
Registered: 2009-10-28
Posts: 166

Re: Potential

Was well written. A few spots where a word was missed, unfortunately, now that i look, i cannot find it.

It was well written like i said, i unfortunately felt slightly lost. May be it's been so long but it just felt like there was so much going on, my mind couldn't keep track of what was up or down.

What i did like(Yes Eric this is the praise part). I liked that you were able to bring together the feelings for Evan and Deana and kind of make them seem more real as a couple then what it was before. The entire story seems like it is flowing together, i'm having a hard time keeping up but that's personal. It seems as though all the characters are finding their ground, where they belong within the story. Which is great, since it's at 29 chapters and feels, to me at least, that the last dozen have been about the same things just in a different order. So for the characters to seem grounded is a great thing to see. As much as I may have lost personal interest in the story as it is now, I am curious as to the outcome of 3 things, Not in any specific order though. The story seems to be coming to the conclusion of at least 2 of those things that has me curious so I look forward to the next chapter.

So aside from my personal issues, I think so far it is well written, and the characters are well grounded.

(posted from Chapter 29: Under the Same Roof)

Offline

 

#298 2019-08-28 13:28:52

bistander
Wasted
Registered: 2015-09-03
Posts: 137

Re: Potential

Elessar wrote:

So aside from my personal issues, I think so far it is well written, and the characters are well grounded.

(posted from Chapter 29: Under the Same Roof)

From my point of view, there aren't any personal issues. It was five fuckin' months since the last chapter; I couldn't remember what was going on. I'm not sure what happened to me, other than all the mental issues that I normally suffer with, but I couldn't get back into the story. I wouldn't even look at it. Maybe I'm afraid I won't be able to do it justice or still want to work in all the scenes that are written but the plot won't support? Not sure, but whatever it was, it blocked the fact that I had already written that whole chapter and more. Once I went back to it, it only took a few days to whip it into shape.

I guess I need to finish this off, knowing that the people who like all the sex might be disappointed because I'll have to drop some of that out, and the people who are reading it for all the things it has been building toward will be disappointed because there is going to be more sex than they want. Truth is, the sex has been what kept the story going, and without more of it for those that are reading because they want someone to get fucked, this could end it one more chapter.

As I've said many times, I'm not a professional author and I didn't play one on TV, so I'm learning this as I go, and have been in over my head since Eric told me that was the only way I would grow.

See errors, please tell me. I go through the longest proofreading process you can imagine, days worth of it, so it pisses me off that anyone should see a mistake.

Offline

 

#299 2019-08-28 19:39:45

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
From: New Port Richey, FL
Registered: 2006-09-12
Posts: 4475
Website

Re: Potential

I told you that?  That doesn't sound like me...  3dangel

As to the whole "people will think there's too much / not enough sex"...  Worry about the STORY, not the readers.

There is no such thing as "too much sex" in an erotica story.  If they don't want to read it, they can skip over it.  People tell me often enough that they do just that when reading my work.  There also can't be "not enough sex" in the story unless the sex is needed to serve the plot.

So, if you have sex scenes written that have no effect on the plot, put them in there.  Hey, you went to the effort to write it, you might as well let someone read it.  But don't put the scene there - written or not - if it's going to negatively impact the plot in some way.  If it's just "fluff"... then, hey, like I said, it can be skipped by the reader.  Otherwise, it's just more fap material for those who want fap material.

If you spend too much time considering what will upset the reader, you won't get ANYTHING written, because it seems that writing the word "the" is going to piss SOMEBODY off.  You can't worry about not offending people or upsetting them.  You've got to tell the story the best way you know how.  They will either like that, or they won't.  You really can't control that.

Eric Storm


Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Please don't be an asshole to me, because then I'll have to be an asshole to you... and I'm MUCH better at being an asshole than you are.

Offline

 

#300 2019-08-29 13:36:33

bistander
Wasted
Registered: 2015-09-03
Posts: 137

Re: Potential

Eric Storm wrote:

I told you that?  That doesn't sound like me...  3dangel

And everybody who knows Eric is now laughing at the emoji. If not for you, Eric, this story would have been finished two years ago, and it would have been oh hum, and done, and I would have been the same, so thank you.

And, thank you for what I certainly expected, very good advice. I will carry on as the story has gone all along, people lying, fucking, lying about fucking and otherwise keeping something hidden and fucking to forget about a lie they told about someone they fucked.

Cheers.

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2005 Rickard Andersson