The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-14 12:06:06

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

General Comments

Post General Comments to the Contributor Here.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2017-07-19 01:08:45

peace2300
Inebriated

Re: General Comments

Long time no see. The first mind control story that I ever read was by you. I'm curious to know if you ever finished The Book? I'm also loving the new story so far.

#3 2017-08-03 17:47:58

Blackie
Inebriated

I had three endings for The Book and lost all of them in a disk crash. So I'd have to go revisit the entire story and try to reconstruct the ending from where I left off. In fact, I wouldn't have any copies of the story if it hadn't been preserved on line. I've lost a few of the other stories I wrote from that period as well. Some of the Files of the Institute and a favorite of mine about a teacher I once had. One deals with what one can though.

-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

#4 2017-08-03 22:52:31

Blackie
Inebriated

oh, general recommendation for Psionic science fiction, straight up mainstream stuff. James H. Schmitz. You can google him.

-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

#5 2017-08-13 15:35:41

Blackie
Inebriated

Really awful formatting has been corrected.

-Himself

#6 2017-08-14 19:12:18

LordMhoram
Tipsy

What a refreshing surprise.  I've really enjoyed your past work and look forward to reading more.

#7 2017-08-25 16:31:10

Darkside_6
Inebriated

I clicked on the story because it was in the new section.

The story is so good and had me immersed in the "Powers" struggle that I can not wait for the next installment.

BRAVO!

#8 2019-05-23 00:05:40

ptbrainum
Tipsy

the book

I'm sure you've been asked this before, but I've been tracking down your old stuff so i can read it all again after many years.  It seems that asstr has kept an archive of all of it.  Hooray!
How many published chapters were in 'the book?' I've found 13, and one instance of 20, but that was just a reformatting issue, and was actually incomplete.

#9 2019-05-23 02:54:00

Blackie
Inebriated

ptbrainum wrote:

the book

I'm sure you've been asked this before, but I've been tracking down your old stuff so i can read it all again after many years.  It seems that asstr has kept an archive of all of it.  Hooray!
How many published chapters were in 'the book?' I've found 13, and one instance of 20, but that was just a reformatting issue, and was actually incomplete.

Funny. I only remember thirteen or fourteen chapters with four or five short Institute stories,teacher, oriental, and two or three others I sent through anon.penet.fi ...and one and only one chapter of Tommy takes charge. One of the missing was a request lesbian  piece for  a woman I knew off line.
So you say you came across a  chapter twenty? Huh. I don't  remember more than fourteen.

-Himself

#10 2019-05-24 03:02:10

ptbrainum
Tipsy

you say you came across a  chapter twenty? Huh. I don't  remember more than fourteen.

The 20 chapter version, was a actually chapters 1-12, but had been put together, and then re broken to fit a specific for size.  It was on ~kristens asstr favorites page.  You have your own asstr archive page, and i could find chapters 1-13, plus several tales of the institute there.  https://www.asstr.org/files/Authors/Apa … b/Blackie/

So far I've not located chapter 14 anywhere.  13 ends with the confrontation between Jezebel and Jones.

PT

#11 2019-06-26 14:36:14

Blackie
Inebriated

I'll give it some thought. Have been looking it over again and finding horrible spelling in a few places. That alone makes it worth at least a spelling edit on the thing.

Meanwhile I am working on other things. Ashes is in the same universe as Touch of Green, which, was unplanned at first but worked out well as such. Other things have been dashed off as two page idea things. Mostly because I'm lazy.

-Himself

#12 2019-11-14 18:52:05

Blackie
Inebriated

I am sure a few folk have noticed I have been stalled lately.

The nature of day to day life hit hard for a bit, work in particular, and the usual kinds of medical issues one gets as gray hairs show up.

I'm not gone. Just pinned down by really weird working hours.

-Himself

#13 2019-11-14 22:58:43

peace2300
Inebriated

Dude, I'm a truck driver so I can say I more then understand the weird working hours.

Board footer