Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-05 07:06:01

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

Ashes

Ashes

The family raised him not to use his ability on those without the ability. The world isn't supposed to know the family exists. Or families. When he uses it to defend himself and is seen without knowing who it was, his world turns upside down on him.

She was trapped in a fear she found crippling for leaving the house. Her hopes might be realized if she finds someone who can alleviate the fear.

They grew close during college, then one of them disappeared. When she turns up again, it turns the world upside down for both of them.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2019-05-06 16:57:10

Josh.Bond
Inebriated

Re: Ashes

awsome story! Can't wait to see what happens next!

(posted from Introduction. / Chapter One)

#3 2019-05-09 06:09:15

Maverick7508
Inebriated

Good to see a story come together. I like it when creativity, writing and character building make a decent story. May your muse visit you often.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#4 2019-05-09 21:16:53

Neitherspace
Completely Blotto

I'm enjoying this story i have questions but they can wait till after the story gets further

(posted from Chapter Four)

"I figure that if you can't write decent dialogue for the devil, maybe you shouldn't be a writer."-Richard Kadrey

#5 2019-05-10 01:21:11

Blackie
Inebriated

I do hope you're patient. I'm all of 5k words into chapter five.

-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

#6 2019-05-14 03:57:07

Blackie
Inebriated

The present delay is due to a combination of work, spending time with my pets, and having qualms about a sticky scene (which is a sex thing) which 1: may be  in the wrong place, 2: is not turning my own crank, 3: could serve better as a tension for a couple of the characters. Oh, and I suspect I am not finding it sensual as intended.

This frustration will end.

-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

#7 2019-05-15 09:14:31

Hawkeye273
Tipsy

Really enjoying the story so far can't wait to find out what is going to happen next

#8 2019-06-25 01:30:03

Blackie
Inebriated

Current repost due to blunderous name mixup in text.

-Himself

#9 2019-07-08 06:45:03

dcvngtn3
Tipsy

I really enjoyed reading this so far. The building up of a story and introducing the characters worked very well to pull together what seems to be a masterpiece in progress.

I sincerely look forward to reading more!

#10 2023-06-26 04:06:04

Dadrepus
Inebriated

I guess Blackie has left us to ponder a conclusion. I hope he is well and can come back and finish this well executed story.

Always willing to help. May not be good at it ;-)

#11 2023-06-26 06:06:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

His last visit here was unfortunately almost two years ago.  Most of those I knew and called friends here are gone.  I appreciate the new authors and members who have showed up, but this is a very lonely place to me anymore.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#12 2023-09-19 19:14:08

Dadrepus
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

His last visit here was unfortunately almost two years ago.  Most of those I knew and called friends here are gone.  I appreciate the new authors and members who have showed up, but this is a very lonely place to me anymore.

Eric Storm

I can appreciate your predicament. Going to more funerals of close friends and relatives than weddings.

Such is life. Anyone hear, on the National News, about a Pro Golfer charged with 2nd degree murder for beating up an 80yo man, in FL? That old man was a dear friend. Just had his celebration of his life here in MD, where most of his friends and family abide.

Please keep this site going. It has been an enjoyable diversion from the daily....

Always willing to help. May not be good at it ;-)

Board footer