The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-15 21:48:18

Blackie
Inebriated

Frustration

For the record.

I hate when I've been working on a story and I get to the where it turns out it has become necessary to cut about 6,000 words from what's already been written because it has made a left turn away from the actual story. Sure, I might be able to set it aside as background notes *if* it actually still applies that way.

But I digress.

-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

#2 2019-02-15 22:48:14

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Frustration

Maybe your brain's trying to tell you the story is supposed to go in a different direction than the one you're trying to force it into.

Just a thought...

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#3 2019-02-16 00:21:25

Blackie
Inebriated

funny thing is I already cut about 4500 words off the beginning because it really WAS just background for the story.

-Himself

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing." -Randy K. Milholland

#4 2019-02-19 18:55:34

Blackie
Inebriated

"She had on a bathrobe and a coy smile, tilted her head towards her door, held a finger up to her lips to make the shushing motion.
Things were looking up it seemed. At least Ken thought so.
He opened his bedroom door again, she gave him a quizzical look. He held up one finger to say, one moment. He collected his hot cocoa and walked down to her room. She shot him one of those ‘really?’ looks and he offered her a sip."

ut oh. it's turning into one of those moments.

-Himself

Board footer