The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-29 22:39:57

Bridget
Barmaid
Website

General Comments

Post General Comments to the Contributor Here.

Please read The Mystic Wolf Pub Critiquing Guide.

SITE CONTENT POLICY:  The administrator of this site will not reject, remove, or censor any story posted to this site based on the story's content.  No story shall be removed except for purely technical reasons (which will be worked out with the author so that the story can be reposted as quickly as possible), or due to a direct order from the site's hosting provider, a law-enforcement entity, or the story's owner.

#2 2011-02-06 07:51:15

Lucky869
Inebriated

Re: General Comments

great stories so far James 3dsmile

#3 2011-03-15 18:30:48

James Marcus
Wasted

Thank you, unfortunatly I am in a bit of a writing slump right now. 3dsad hope to get working on the next chapter of To Whome it may concern soon.

#4 2011-05-07 19:23:59

Otaku
Inebriated

I would like to see more of "The Fateless"

#5 2011-06-06 18:51:06

Otaku
Inebriated

I am interested in your new work a taste is all it takes.  not much of a start but I am interested in how you proceed with it.  you haven't even gotten to the "talent" yet.  it sounds as though you have alot planned out already just not written.  is that how you do your writing?  you plan out a plot in advance and then write out a piece at a time.

#6 2011-06-06 19:44:38

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just a procedural note:  Otaku's comment should have gone directly into the story thread, rather than in General Comments.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#7 2011-06-11 00:59:29

James Marcus
Wasted

Otaku, How I do my writing is I get a general plot idea and a few characters created by using character bios. Then I sit and write, as I write the story develops. I have a general idea of where I want to go and major plot points I want to hit, but how things go between the plot points develops as I write the story and from reader feedback. A great example of that is my story To Whom It May Concern. I had several times, ideas to have the story turn sexual, but as I wrote the story, the plot turned in ways that took it away form the sexual, after the third time this happened I just gave up putting any sex into that story.

Last edited by James Marcus (2011-06-11 01:02:27)

#8 2017-02-14 22:43:02

peace2300
Inebriated

It's great to see you back posting you stories again.

#9 2017-08-22 13:45:13

ingeniusprotocols
Tipsy

a taste is all it takes.

I absolutely loved this story. very creative and imaginative. and you left the ending to it as if you are going to pick up nd go at anytime. cant wait to see more like/of this kind of story. very well written.

#10 2017-10-02 18:48:49

Tuzzdeny
Inebriated

I've enjoyed all of your stories so far, hoping to encourage you to post/write some more.

Last edited by Tuzzdeny (2017-10-02 18:50:53)

#11 2018-02-01 07:48:07

James Marcus
Wasted

Yes I am still alive and I do plan on writing. Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately I'm one of those writers that go through bouts of inspiration, followed by dead periods that just kill my creative mood. Add onto that I was completing a Masters program and over the last year I have been working on Quest/Character dialog for a huge mod to a mainstream game. I also lost my main editor, as can be seen by the numerous spelling and grammar errors in Toy Master and Dalmuti. I spent the last year doing some serious soul searching when it comes to my erotic writing. I found myself writing on many different sites and some of the more extreme stuff I was writing on other sites, was spilling over to the stories for this site. I am a writer who tends to let the story write itself and where it goes is where it goes. I do have a general idea of what I want to happen, but if it deviates for a bit that's fine. I also do not find much of anything taboo in a story, its only a story after all. I tend to write what the story leads me too, or readers ask for, with only a few things that I wont write, mainly because they are major turn offs for me.

I realized what was happening with my writing when I lost my last editor, he could not bring himself to edit stories that had the younger content that my stories were pushing into and was requesting that I make major plot changes to them. He refused to edit Dalmuti, the last three chapters of Just a Taste or any of Toy Master. I have since tried several times to go back to these stories and each time I find that I'm still inclined to include content I don't feel is appropriate to this site. I know I can change the direction of Just a Taste and Dalmuti but Toy Master may require an entire re-write and I don't have the energy to do that.

I hope to have the third chapter of Dalmuti up soon and then start working on Fateless and Just a taste after that. Again thank you for your interest and feedback it does help inspire me to write.

#12 2018-02-01 08:55:08

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, not having read your stories, I need to make one thing 100%, absolutely, perfectly, crystal clear:

There is no content that is "inappropriate" for this website..  I have an absolutely no-censor policy, and if you look at the story codes available here, you'll find codes for things that I would never even consider reading.  If you are attempting to modify your story in an effort to "fit" this site, you are wasting your time.  Write what you want.  Post it here.  No one will stop you.  Maybe no one will read it, or maybe it'll be the most popular story on the site.  Who knows?

But please don't fight your inspiration on OUR account.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#13 2018-09-06 01:21:18

James Marcus
Wasted

Discord

I have created a Discord serve for those who would like to talk with me about my stories https://discord.gg/bZ5xumn

#14 2018-09-06 05:35:53

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just a suggestion:  Add this information to your author profile on your author page.  that will make it easier for people to find.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#15 2018-09-06 05:45:53

DoomCock
Inebriated

James Marcus wrote:

I realized what was happening with my writing when I lost my last editor, he could not bring himself to edit stories that had the younger content that my stories were pushing into and was requesting that I make major plot changes to them. He refused to edit Dalmuti, the last three chapters of Just a Taste or any of Toy Master. I have since tried several times to go back to these stories and each time I find that I'm still inclined to include content I don't feel is appropriate to this site. I know I can change the direction of Just a Taste and Dalmuti but Toy Master may require an entire re-write and I don't have the energy to do that.

I hope to have the third chapter of Dalmuti up soon and then start working on Fateless and Just a taste after that. Again thank you for your interest and feedback it does help inspire me to write.

I have a lot of writing and editing experience and share in most of your literary leanings.  Your content is of no concern to me if you're looking for a new editor.  I'm leaving this here just in case, but I intend to hit you up on Discord as well.

#16 2018-09-26 01:06:41

James Marcus
Wasted

I am getting ready to start up Toy Master again and have posted a poll on my Patreon. https://www.patreon.com/jamesmarcus/posts

#17 2019-01-20 06:07:26

ctrigger30
Inebriated

new story

the new story is good i am looking forward to Just A Taste is all it Takes new chapter

#18 2019-02-01 02:05:01

James Marcus
Wasted

have a new poll on my patreon. Please vote. https://www.patreon.com/posts/24373755

#19 2019-02-04 02:51:25

thehilz
Completely Blotto

Voted but had an issue with leaving a comment for the “other† choice. My comment was that I liked the idea but maybe the transformation needs some kind of assistance from the coven

#20 2019-02-11 12:13:18

ctrigger30
Inebriated

new chapters

when is the new chapters coming out

#21 2019-02-11 14:33:04

James Marcus
Wasted

Next chapter is with the editor, once I get it from him it will be released.

#22 2019-02-11 22:09:24

MDH1969
Inebriated

You have an editor, where can I get one?

#23 2019-02-12 05:59:41

James Marcus
Wasted

I just asked. go to my Discord he is there and you can ask him.

#24 2019-04-05 13:49:55

James Marcus
Wasted

Hello, so I have had a very long and arduous discussion with several of my readers on my Discord, many of whom have been asking me to include more extreme and less edited content, and others asking that I not. Since the majority of comments I have been receiving have been positive towards that content, I have decided to include a warning for future stories. From now on whenever any of my stories include any extreme violence towards a female character, Sex with a character under the age of 10 or a graphic rape scene. I will start the scene with **** and end the scene with ****. This will happen at a point where no actual plot or story will be lost if the reader chooses to skip that content. I have made this choice as I do not wish to loose long term readers who may not like the direction some of my story will need to go, but I do not want to force limit the story as well. If you have any thoughts or comments on this please feel free talk with me on my Discord.

Thank You

James Marcus

#25 2019-04-05 14:39:36

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Just a suggestion regarding skipping scenes:  Sometimes, something that happens in a sex scene is actually essential to the plot, and if it happens right in the middle of everything, you won't be able to "not skip" it.  When this happens, just put a short author's note after the skipped portion, to let people who didn't read the scene,know the important part.

Again, just a suggestion.
Eric Storm

PS:  One last thought:  If it is not abundantly obvious from context why you're marking a scene for skipping, put some kind of explanation after the initial ***.  Something like "*** rape", or "*** extremely young", or the like.  Again, just a suggestion.  This allows people who are only squicked by one thing that you're doing to be able to read the rest.  Of course, I imagine in most cases it will be fairly obvious by context... but it might be possible that at some point it isn't, so... like i said, just a suggestion.

----
Facebook page

Board footer