The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#876 2018-07-30 03:16:46

islandman79#
Inebriated

Re: Writing Status

People - read the site links & alerts, where they can answer most of your questions.
This solves problems and lessens tensions, that occur.
The creative process can take time, not just yours but the Arthur’s as well.

#877 2018-07-30 03:44:40

Crusader
Wasted

islandman79# wrote:

How the hell does this site make my comments into a compost of words

Maguc?

#878 2018-07-30 08:03:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for July 30, 2018:

(That's one of those bold headings he was talking about.)

So there is approximately a 0% chance that... no, no, I can safely say that there is exactly a 0% chance that WAY8-1 will be posted on August 1st.  I'm nowhere near finished with it, though it is well underway.

Here is how the posting "schedule" (I use the term extremely loosely) for book 8 will go:

* I will never post more than one chapter per 30-day period.
* I will not wait until the 1st of the following month to post a chapter.

So, if chapter 1 is ready for posting on the 12th, say, then I will post it on the 12th, I will not wait until Sept. 1st to post it.  However, no matter what I get written between that posting and the end of the month, there would be no further postings until the 12th of the next month, even if I write three chapters in that time.  (Mind you, writing three chapters in a month is a virtual impossibility, so...)

Sorry, folks.  We're all stuck waiting a little longer.  *sigh*

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#879 2018-07-30 16:07:34

Bckeen
Tipsy

Thanks for the update Eric

#880 2018-07-31 04:37:06

islandman79#
Inebriated

Fanfare !!!  Lights in the air concert style - support your local writer.
Love you man,  but bro style 🌦

#881 2018-07-31 13:57:27

Josh.Bond
Inebriated

Eric, you are the author we are the reader. We won't tell you how to write. Just glad that you are doing ok, How are the Cat and Ferret doing? Been working my way through a few of my favorite stories (I noticed most of them were by you) to keep me going. take all the time you need and we will be hovering on the edge of our computer screens waiting to pounce as soon as it posts.

Just remember the secret to life...

inhale, exhale, repete as neccesary.

Josh

#882 2018-07-31 23:19:59

Crusader
Wasted

Josh.Bond wrote:

Just remember the secret to life...

inhale, exhale, repete as neccesary.

Josh

I don't know... I could live the rest of my life without breathing again.

3dlol

#883 2018-07-31 23:31:52

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

It is kind of more the secret to longevity, isn't it?

3dsmile

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#884 2018-08-02 03:10:34

iskoaya
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

Update for July 30, 2018:

(That's one of those bold headings he was talking about.)

So there is approximately a 0% chance that... no, no, I can safely say that there is exactly a 0% chance that WAY8-1 will be posted on August 1st.  I'm nowhere near finished with it, though it is well underway.

Here is how the posting "schedule" (I use the term extremely loosely) for book 8 will go:

* I will never post more than one chapter per 30-day period.
* I will not wait until the 1st of the following month to post a chapter.

So, if chapter 1 is ready for posting on the 12th, say, then I will post it on the 12th, I will not wait until Sept. 1st to post it.  However, no matter what I get written between that posting and the end of the month, there would be no further postings until the 12th of the next month, even if I write three chapters in that time.  (Mind you, writing three chapters in a month is a virtual impossibility, so...)

Sorry, folks.  We're all stuck waiting a little longer.  *sigh*

Eric Storm

how will this effect PRM and donator access?

#885 2018-08-02 04:46:25

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

The two are completely unrelated.  Special access to PRM is a gift given to donors, but it doesn't guarantee anything.  I publish as fast as I reasonably can, but I make no promise that people will get to read a single new piece of material.

My stipulation of no more than one chapter per month is actually not about the donations, it's about trying to keep the gaps in publishing to a minimum.  If I happen to have a couple good months, I could conceivably write several chapters... but that could then be followed by months of not writing at all.  In order to even that out, I space out the publishing of chapters.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#886 2018-08-02 21:09:43

iskoaya
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

The two are completely unrelated.  Special access to PRM is a gift given to donors, but it doesn't guarantee anything.  I publish as fast as I reasonably can, but I make no promise that people will get to read a single new piece of material.

My stipulation of no more than one chapter per month is actually not about the donations, it's about trying to keep the gaps in publishing to a minimum.  If I happen to have a couple good months, I could conceivably write several chapters... but that could then be followed by months of not writing at all.  In order to even that out, I space out the publishing of chapters.

Eric Storm

i understand now, you are creating a buffer to counter blocks. thank you for answering my question.

#887 2018-08-02 21:43:52

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Exactly.  There was a point where I was a full book ahead in my writing of the Woodward series.  That was, unfortunately, not sufficient to prevent publishing gaps, as I am currently seven months behind and getting worse.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#888 2018-08-05 09:38:29

Hakhazar
Inebriated

When you write, then we'll read. No problem.

#889 2018-08-12 23:43:00

islandman79#
Inebriated

Hey everyone 😀experience the sinsation of “ of just when I was thru with hospital - they pull up the test results and “Wham† I get strapped in.
Doc Says little pneumonia, possible stoke and heart failure. As well my INR is 9.1!!! Hi it’s bad and explains the coughing u blood
I know mom will be shocked.

Mr E.Storm whats on your documentary?

#890 2018-08-15 01:27:42

iccrmmkr
Inebriated

Feel better! I look forward to more WAY chapters being posted when you can. Huge fan of your work, wish I could help financially now but we are working on a big project that will cost thousands. Suggestion for your IBS my wife eats fruit and yogurt to help her IBS. Maybe it will help you too.

Last edited by iccrmmkr (2018-08-15 01:28:47)

#891 2018-08-15 03:20:36

JJ Richards
Inebriated

ERIC SAID...So, if chapter 1 is ready for posting on the 12th, say, then I will post it on the 12th, I will not wait until Sept. 1st to post it.  However, no matter what I get written between that posting and the end of the month, there would be no further postings until the 12th of the next month, even if I write three chapters in that time. “

So, post on the 31st and then you have 2 months before you have to post again! ;-) only in July and August would there be back-to-back postings...LOL! Gives you more writing time!!

#892 2018-08-15 06:34:44

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

That would be... inconsiderate, at best, of me.

Eric Storm

PS:  WAY8-1 is going VERY slowly, thanks to Real Life (TM) getting in the way.

----
Facebook page

#893 2018-08-17 04:48:52

SlaveMaster
Wasted

So sorry eric, pet problems are sometimes soo much worst then when relatives have problems as sometimes your closer to them.  I just noticed that my donor status expired, hopefully I'll have some funds soon to help out a bit, in the mean time chin up 3dsmile buddy

Welcome to The Mystic Wolf Pub

#894 2018-08-21 20:43:54

nightsecho
Wasted

take your time we will wait as long as it takes

looking at you with wide eyes from the darkness

#895 2018-08-26 07:20:13

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for August 26, 2018:

As of a few minutes ago, I have exceeded 100,000 words for the year.

Unfortunately, to meet my writing goal, I should be closer to 200,000 than 100,000 right now.

3dsad

And the wheel keeps turning...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#896 2018-09-02 07:41:48

ozygonzo
Inebriated

or is it more like the sand in the hour glass so are day's.... ohh wait that's been used 3dhmm 3dsmile

'I Wish I Was A Glow Worm, A Glow Worm Is Never Glum, Cuz' How can you Be Grumpy, When The Sun Shines Out Your Bum

#897 2018-09-07 03:32:19

JJ Richards
Inebriated

I have to say I am kinda glad now that WAY 8 has not started...Its given me time to read several more of your series and shorts! OMG, I said it b4 and gonna do it again...I love your stories...you write so well.....one of my top 3 authors now!!  Just finished Dragonseekers and loved it too! I did wonder about Don...did he ever reach Lethe 5th circle?...maybe a book 2 there! Huh?

PAO was very cool and especially loved how it was brought to the end! Warmth of a Touch had a great feel throughout the story. Eric, all i’ve Done by reading most of your other works is to want so much more!!!

FIRE IT UP, BOY! 🤪

JJ

#898 2018-09-10 05:36:00

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for September 10, 2018:

You ever feel like the universe thinks you're its toilet bowl, and shits on you pretty much constantly?

Yeah, that's about what life feels like right now.

Now, believe me, I know there are people who have it much worse than we do.  I know that our problems are small compared to people who are starving to death, or living in slavery, or, you know, living in California...  (hehehe, just kidding...), but still.

First off, a week ago this past Thursday, we had a nasty rainstorm here.  No big deal, it's Florida, it rains... but it's not supposed to rain indoors.  Our roof had developed a leak.  Now, luckily, not a bad leak.  We called out the roofer and he patched it up, it should be good for another few years (due to the nature of the leak, and the nature of our roof, there isn't a permanent solution to this problem until the roofing is completely replaced).  So, that was handled, but for almost a week, we got to worry over just exactly was wrong with it.  (It took him until last Wednesday to have an opening in his schedule just to come look at the roof... and then it wasn't until the next day before it was actually patched...)

Then, on Thursday, Keeshaba woke up with a stye in her eye.  Not life-threatening; certainly damned annoying and painful.  (For those who don't know, a stye is very much like a pimple... only on your eyelid.  It causes a lot of swelling, and is very irritating and painful.)

Then, there's the cat.

So a couple months ago, we had to take our cat, Slush, into the vet because he had an obstructed urethra (he couldn't pee).  In male cats, this is a life-threatening emergency.  At that time, the problem was handled quickly and without much fuss, because the blockage...um... "self-cleared" when we got him to the vet.  (ie, he peed all over Keeshaba.)

Now, on Friday, we had to take Slush and Sookie (one of our other cats) in for their annual checkup.  (For the record, since I know someone's wondering, we have 3: Stormy is the third.)  Slush and Sookie checked out fine at the vet, though neither was terribly happy to be there.

So we get home from the vet, and a couple hours later, Slush is doing the "I can't pee" maneuver again.  Now, since stress can cause an inflamed urethra, thus leading to a blockage, since we'd kind-of decided that stress had caused the first problem, and since he'd just gone through a hell of a day, we figured it was stress again.  We gave him the med the vet had given us for exactly this reason, and we watched him closely.  (Okay, Keeshaba watched him closely.  I'm legally blind: for me to watch him closely, I'd have had to have my nose up his ass.)  He seemed to have settled from the problem.

Then, Saturday morning, Keeshaba wakes me up (grumble grumble), and says she has just followed Slush around for an hour watching him try to pee unsuccessfully.  Now, if he has already not peed for 24 hours, you're in deep shit territory.  After 72 hours, this condition is fatal.  But, of course, it's Saturday.  Our vet is not open on weekends.  So we rush him down to the emergency vet clinic that our vet recommends.  The vet takes one feel (poor Slush, so violated...  after this, they stuck a thermometer up his ass, too!), and promptly says, "Yeah, he's blocked, and his bladder's huge."

So, the upshot?  Slush has been in the clinic since Saturday around 3:00.  We have to pick him up tomorr... er, later this morning, at 7:00, and take him over to our own vet.  (The emergency clinic is not open during "normal" hours: they only work when other vets are closed.)  Depending on how he's doing at that point, our vet will either keep him for the day, or we'll take him home.  At our last check-in with them, around 7:30 this (last?) evening, he was resting comfortably and peeing on his own, so he seems to be doing physically well.

Financially, this is a nasty situation for us.  Thank the universe for Care Credit, because without them, we'd have had no option but to put him down.  And the cost will now be ongoing, because he is going to need prescription food from this point forward, to keep his urethra from blocking again... and that shit ain't cheap.

Is it any wonder I can't get any fucking writing done????

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#899 2018-09-10 18:17:11

Bckeen
Tipsy

Sorry to hear about your cat I have 3 myself and hate to see them suffer.

#900 2018-09-11 12:42:42

Elessar
Completely Blotto

So I am bummed to hear about your issues. I was curious if you had any suggestions of authors either similar writing style to your own that you have seen. This is off site of course.

I’m simply asking because I can’t find any, as much as I want to support the site... well I don’t see myself supporting when nothing is put out. Yes authors have posted a couple stories and yes I know that’s not the point of the donations. But you see the idea?

Anyway, I hope the best for you. I think you should take a very long break from everything outside of your real life to get things taken care of.

Board footer