The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#176 2018-04-05 12:10:01

farok
Tipsy

Re: Potential

""Not today, nah. I'll do that tomorrow. Tomorrow comes and it's still today. Tomorrow is a relative term. We're not getting there."

~Bo Burnham

Jokes aside, really looking forward to the next chapter!

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#177 2018-04-10 09:55:50

Jenson.P
Tipsy

bistander wrote:

I sure wish I had somebody to proofread this chapter and give me a title. I've spent my whole weekend on it. I'm posting it here tomorrow even if I don't find someone, and you'll have only yourselves to blame for the errors.

Hey Bistander,
  Been following you since you first posted this story and I created this account just to let you know that I check the page for updates every single day. Hope it will be ready soon. But of course if you don't think it's ready yet, take all the time you need :)

#178 2018-04-13 00:48:08

bistander
Wasted

Thank you Jenson. It was ready last week, but I reconsidered and added two more pieces at the end that without it seemed I had cheated the readers and maybe even Darlene. I hope to wrap it up soon.

Now that you're on this awesome site, check out some of the stories here. There are some great authors here. Hopefully, you won't find them so interesting that you forget about me. 3dbig_smile

Last edited by bistander (2018-04-13 13:19:09)

#179 2018-04-13 07:33:54

oldgymrat71
Tipsy

This author is learning quickly and her raw intelligence is worthy of your time.

(posted from Chapter 4: Its Dangerous to Squeeze the Charmin)

#180 2018-04-13 17:09:47

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um.... I'm pretty sure the author in question is a "him", not a "her"...

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#181 2018-04-13 18:55:42

oldgymrat71
Tipsy

Eric, in spite of your surety I find the stories have a definite feminine touch. This is probably one of the reasons I like them.

#182 2018-04-13 22:02:06

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, let's put it this way: I know this person's first name.  Unless their parents were VERY odd, it's a "him".

Eric Storm

PS:  Not every man thinks the same way.  Not every woman thinks the same way.  Some men do think like women.  Some women do think like men.  A man could have a more feminine writing style.  A woman could have a more masculine writing style.  Suffice to say, you like this author's style, which has nothing to do with whether it's a man, woman, or chimpanzee.

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#183 2018-06-15 17:21:31

bistander
Wasted

Why didn't somebody tell me that my closing quotes are being changed into dashes? Come on, the story is not so exciting that you shouldn't notice something like that. Not sure when this started or why, but I'm working with Eric to resolve it.

#184 2018-06-15 19:16:10

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um... just to be clear, the question Bistander should be asking is why you weren't telling ME that his closing quotes were wrong, since it is a violation of site policy for you to bitch to an author about something like that...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#185 2018-06-16 18:15:31

bistander
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

Um... just to be clear, the question Bistander should be asking is why you weren't telling ME that his closing quotes were wrong, since it is a violation of site policy for you to bitch to an author about something like that...

Eric Storm

Oh yeah, that's right, bitch at Eric. That's a load off my back. Is it okay if they point out my mistakes so I know not to do it again? I don't mean like, "You should have let that dog fuck Becky," but things like, spelled something incorrectly or used the wrong word? Not that I make mistakes, but on the off chance that one slips through. 3dtongue 3dtongue

#186 2018-06-16 18:22:45

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, things that are very obviously under the author's control, such as word choice, they should send to you.  But I think it's pretty reasonable to expect that everyone knows what quotation marks are supposed to look like, so when they start seeing dashes instead, it's probably not the author's fault.

And yes, if they feel that you should have let the dog fuck Becky, they should send that to you, too. 
3dtongue

Eric Storm

PS:  Before some annoying person points out that quotation marks look like something else in other languages, let me once more reiterate that the language of this website is ENGLISH, and only English is supported.

----
Facebook page

#187 2018-06-16 18:26:59

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

The short version here is:  If you're unsure of who might have caused the problem, contact the webmaster.  I can always contact the author myself if the problem is on their end.  But a large percentage of authors will not be able to tell for sure if a problem is their fault or mine.  As an example, in Bistander's case, he was trying to figure out how to fix his formatting problem himself... but there was no way for him to do so, because the problem was at my end.  (That problem has been corrected, btw.)

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#188 2018-06-22 11:45:23

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Just curious, how many chapters are in this novel? It's starting to feel repetitive, in the sense... everything has happened, except him take on his fathers role. I guess i am starting to lose interest because it's the same stuff basically over and over. I just don't see an end any time soon.

#189 2018-06-22 15:39:13

bistander
Wasted

Elessar wrote:

Just curious, how many chapters are in this novel? It's starting to feel repetitive, in the sense... everything has happened, except him take on his fathers role. I guess i am starting to lose interest because it's the same stuff basically over and over. I just don't see an end any time soon.

Yeah, that's something I was concerned about and why I postponed Evan and Deana so long. In a rewrite, my timing might be different, but in life, people don't just have sex once. Oh, and there is a lot more that has to happen to resolve all the questions. There will be as many chapters as it takes to finish all the storylines. I hope you'll hang in, but I understand if you don't.

#190 2018-06-22 18:42:29

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, I haven't been keeping up with this story, so this advice is strictly generic:

Yes, once the sex barrier is crossed, people will continue to have sex.  Having said that, you do not necessarily need to write about it.  A reference here and there is all that's required.  If it's the sex that's making the story repetitive, then cut down on the sex.  First, it will speed along your plot lines, and second, it will reduce the amount of proofreading you have to do.  Use sex to advance the story.  If the sex scene is there for no other reason than "well, they're still having sex, so I should show that..." then... you probably shouldn't show that.  This is one case where "show, don't tell" isn't necessarily helpful.

That's not to say that the sex scene can't exist for the purpose of the sex scene, but if that's the case, there should be something important about that sex scene itself, like they're trying a new sex act or whatever.  Just... try not to write sex scenes purely for the purpose of putting a sex scene in the story.  There really are only so many ways to describe tab D going into slots A, M, and P.

Full Disclosure:  I am guilty myself of putting in sex scenes for the sole reason that, "It's been a while since there was a sex scene in this story."  If that's actually true - that you've gone forever without a sex scene - then it's probably (but not guaranteed to be) okay if you put in a gratuitous scene just for those readers who are reading for the sex scenes.  On the other hand, if you're going to put the scene there, you can always try to find SOME way to make it help the story...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#191 2018-06-23 02:15:11

bistander
Wasted

Excellent advice, Eric. Thanks.

#192 2018-06-29 08:38:13

Elessar
Completely Blotto

That is one of the issues now that you mention it(Sex scenes). There's sex... but it doesn't really seem to be going anywhere. All the idea's and thoughts just kinda bounce off each other and stay in the same box. I'll probably let my donator status laps for a bit and use that as an excuse to let the time go by. But i may just be impatient. As Eric said, the story line can progress without the sex. I know that is mainly the story line but it's not the entire story.

#193 2018-06-30 12:53:25

bistander
Wasted

Elessar wrote:

That is one of the issues now that you mention it(Sex scenes). There's sex... but it doesn't really seem to be going anywhere. All the idea's and thoughts just kinda bounce off each other and stay in the same box. I'll probably let my donator status laps for a bit and use that as an excuse to let the time go by. But i may just be impatient. As Eric said, the story line can progress without the sex. I know that is mainly the story line but it's not the entire story.

I do ask for and seriously consider feedback, and I thank you for it. I don't think you are being impatient, especially now. I have been taking longer to produce chapters, and, like a snowball effect, that has caused people to give less feedback which has caused me to be less motivated and take even longer, and so on.

I hope you won't make any decisions based on the last chapter. Yes, it might have seemed like there wasn't much going on there, and it was mostly sex scenes with seemingly little else, but that's not true. It is, but it's not. Let me explain. As someone once said, "If you say in the first chapter that there is a rifle hanging on the wall, in the second or third chapter it absolutely must go off. If it's not going to be fired, it shouldn't be hanging there." There were rifles and they will be fired. In every one of those scenes, something important happened. It might have been a minute detail that some readers won't notice or care about, but as the author, I know already what is going to happen, and if I didn't care about being a good author, I would make things happen anytime I wished with little or no justification. I can't do that. Oh, I want to. I read sex stories all the time, and the brother walks in the room and his sister is in her panties, he gets a boner and they fuck. Damn it, I wish I could be satisfied with that. I'd be done with this story and have my life back. Nah, that's not why I do this.

I'm like you, and some other people who send me messages, the story is more important than the sex, and I often skim over sex scenes when I'm reading a story, but please remember that I started writing this story on a site named, Sex Stories. there are many who want more sex. They even suggest sex that would be completely out of character for the characters. I have to balance all of that with what I need to happen so that I can bring these characters lives to a place where they can die or live happily ever after.

None of that is your problem; it's mine because I took on this responsibility. I am sorry it's been taking so long for the chapters. That's discouraging for me, but I've been working on Potential for at least six years and sometimes I need to write other stuff that comes to a quick end. That's why I've been writing for those contests on Wrist and posting some short shit on sites where nobody cares if you proofread it as long as someone is getting fucked in the ass.

I hope you'll continue to read stuff on this site because the authors who post here give a shit about what they are producing. They're giving their time, effort and a part of themselves so others can read stories. Come back to Potential after a few chapters and maybe you'll think, Oh, he did shoot that gun I saw in chapter 25!

#194 2018-06-30 19:36:10

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Of course, that advice ignores the fact that, maybe the gun is just a decoration, and you're being descriptive, but hey, what the hell.

3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#195 2018-07-11 17:52:08

Taizon
Tipsy

This chapter is a good start to a series. There are a couple of areas that are worded in a way that is confusing but it only takes a second to understand what I am reading. I believe I will enjoy reading this series.

(posted from Chapter 1: The Pantie Fetish)

#196 2018-07-13 00:40:49

bistander
Wasted

Thanks. I hope you continue to enjoy the story. Sometimes wording is style and sometimes they are the author's brain fart. If the latter, oops, sorry

#197 2018-07-15 19:41:07

Jenson.P
Tipsy

ETA on Chapter 26? Sorry Bistander, just really looking forward to it xD

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#198 2018-07-16 00:50:37

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

η η η η η η η η η η

You said you wanted some eta...

What do you mean, you didn't want the Greek letter?

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#199 2018-07-16 01:31:09

bistander
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

η η η η η η η η η η

You said you wanted some eta...

What do you mean, you didn't want the Greek letter?

Eric Storm

Huh? I don't understand Greek, so I hope he meant when will I arrive at the emergency room. Squad 51, what is your ETA? Rampart. this is Guage, our ETA is 27 minutes.

Chapter 26 will arrive when everybody sends me a message bugging me to hurry up.

Seriously, it's been in the works since the last one was posted, but I'm working on a couple of short stories. I know, I feel like I'm cheating on Potential, but sometimes I need to write short stories that don't require things to line up with the character's character. If I want two guys to fuck and blow a load on the one guy's sleeping thirteen-year-old sister, that's fine. I finished that one today. I have a very short story to rewrite in first person tomorrow and then I'll be fulltime on 26.

I do appreciate the patience of those who have stayed with me, and I promise you, I want to finish this story more than you want to read it. I've had Evan, Darlene, Candy, Gloria, Jason, John, Sally and the rest walking around in my head for 6 years. I need to find new people to hang out with.

#200 2018-07-16 03:15:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

I'm well aware of what an ETA is.  (And points for using an Emergency! reference).

It was a subtle comment about how asking an author this question is considered rude.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer