The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#676 2018-06-04 08:56:55

Malkav666
Tipsy

Re: Woodward Academy, Year 7, The

Sorry im mostly a lurker and I had second thoughts on posting this huge message critizing the story.  Im not the type to get into internet arguements, as to the malkav thing someone else with almost the same user name posted a day or 2 ago.

(posted from the Item Information Page)

#677 2018-06-05 02:15:46

IBSwimmin
Inebriated

As someone who took several classes in engineering, physics, and math in college - I'm getting some nice lolz out of all the talk about dropping something from orbit as a weapon.

Just a quick aside: gravity is actually the weakest (by several magnitudes) of the four forces in physics, so if you want something to go boom/do damage - gravity isn't your best option.

#678 2018-06-05 03:25:04

fathertyme
Inebriated

idiot magic thought of the day (since there is almost always a major flaw in my ideas)

why wouldn't scouts have magic maps?

seems it wouldn't be too awful difficult to have a master map with a bunch of slave maps linked to it. the slave maps would have a "you are here" dot, and when a scout located something they could easily write it on the map which would automatically appear on the master map. In addition to quickly getting accurate information without compromising the scouts by making them exfiltrate, it would also show where the scouts were physically at (in other words dickless couldn't just sit around doing nothing for a couple of days before showing back up not having located anything)

Rhimors already can place a trace on someone, and have it show on a map to show where they are, and where they have been, so the basic magic has already been done.

anyways,

You keep writing, I'll keep reading

Last edited by fathertyme (2018-06-05 03:29:04)

#679 2018-06-05 12:05:51

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

loved the chapter even though I wanted to strangle you over the sad part.  Of course sadness turned to anger and then I thought, why didn't David just ghost the two of them to invisible and intangible?  I know you've said that magic can still affect David, but I'm guessing it would have to be non physical magic... after all David's had energy balls pass right through him when intangible in the past.  And although I'm not 100 percent sure, I'm betting David has actually already tested the effects of multi-mandy electricity and water... at least that's my speculation from what you described in one scene in earth when David and Geribaldi were investigating that serial killer.  And I bet he followed his TEM instructors advice to be in ghost form when he tested it.  Anyway, even with tracking by scent, the werewolves would still have to dodge trees that David and guest could easily run right through.  The only downside I've thought of would be having to stay in contact with each other so they didn't loose each other.

As to the Thor Shot, I proposed.  Some of the talk seems to range around orbital velocity.  I never proposed putting something in orbit which would require a tangent velocity great enough to match the distance gravity pulled the object towards the earth.  In fact, my proposal only needed to take into account gravitational acceleration and proper placement so that the object hit where you wanted it to.  Divination could tell David where to place the object.  The only other question to my mind is can David move the mass of the object the distance needed?  Otherwise, the Thor Shot, is not a new concept.  I'm pretty sure it was proposed and researched either by the DoD, NASA, or both together in a joint effort probably back in the 60's or 70's.  The only detractor I've heard about the project is the amount of energy needed to put the satellite and it's weapons into orbit.  But conjuring and divination could remove the satellite and orbital considerations.  Given the right time table, you could probably put the object halfway to the moon... or at least at the maximum distance for earth's gravity to still be the dominant gravitation factor making sure the object eventually fell back to earth.  Say 100,000 miles up.  I know, I proposed 100,000 feet... 3dsad

Prior to the shuttle, which was a reusable vehicle, heat shields on the Apollo and Gemini capsules were quite effective even if their trajectory wasn't straight down, it was no where near as shallow as the shuttle.  But you wouldn't be worried about keeping someone alive, so you just need to make sure the object stays together long enough to be effective.  So, I'm sure the applied materials science has already been done to make it possible, even though it's not practical for us technos.

Last edited by Barbarian3165 (2018-06-05 12:06:20)

#680 2018-06-05 12:29:23

Barbarian3165
Completely Blotto

Although I don't like the idea of dead wands either, I don't see defection as a real problem for the military anyway.  For the Rimohrs maybe.  But if the dead wand actually tried to defect, I don't think the werewolves would treat them very well.  They'd probably be tortured for information which they wouldn't have since they wouldn't be trusted with any operational plans or details.  The only thing they could offer up would be location of the base they were at and maybe the number of people at the base.  After the traitors gave up all the useful information, I'm sure the werewolves would summarily execute them.  Of course, they could also be told when offered their path back to citizenship that dereliction of duty and desertion are capital crimes punishable by death.  Military trials during times of war don't take anywhere near as long as civilian court trials involving capital crimes with the death sentence.  I suppose they could be turned to werewolves, but I'm not sure the traitors would like that idea and might actually prefer death.

One other question about something someone else posted... where is the Office of Outlawed Magic?  It is an international organization and could theoretically be anywhere in the world.  I know the district chief's for Calamandia reside in Senestry, but does the actual OOM reside in Senestry?  What about the headquarters for the Council of Wizards, that oversees the OOM, where do they reside as an international organization?

Last edited by Barbarian3165 (2018-06-05 12:31:27)

#681 2018-06-06 00:26:08

shadowlord
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

This is not a bomb.  It is a meteorite.  There would be no "groundburst".  There would be an impact, and crater ejecta.  There would be shock damage from the impact.  It is unlikely that there would be actual heat damage as far out as half a kilometer.  I used online calculators to do the math: I do not know advanced physics.  I do know that you cannot take "damage done by a nuclear device of Xkt" and equate it to the same impact force from a meteorite, because one is an explosion, and the other is an impact.  They WILL do different things.

I think that's probably over-simplifying...  Take a look at the entry for wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event.  Granted that was a much larger impactor than 36MT, but still...  it definitely seems to be classified as an "explosion"...  I think you'd probably be right, if the heat-shielding was 100% effective...  But, if the shielding "failed" (or, was caused to fail) at the right time, there WOULD be an air-burst (or ground-burst, if the shielding didn't fail 'til impact with the ground)... and the resultant vaporization of the impactor would definitely convert to energy, and I think that energy release would be exactly analogous to an "explosion"...

#682 2018-06-06 03:14:07

Crusader
Wasted

Barbarian3165 wrote:

why didn't David just ghost the two of them to invisible and intangible?

My read on the reason: Joe would have been putting off a easy to track magical signature, and would have ended up dead sooner then he did.

#683 2018-06-06 03:45:48

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Barbarian:

I can unequivocally state that there is exactly zero chance that a wizard could conjure a large object halfway to the moon.  Or a tenth the way to the moon.  There is little chance that they could conjure an object of this size 1/100 the way to the moon.

I would also like to point out that no object as small as the one proposed (36 tons) would survive re-entry.  Any attempt to employ thermal shielding will have the highly undesirable effect of slowing down your impactor, which you absolutely do not want to do.  Unfortunately, this means that you're basically screwed.  You either have your object blow up before it's anywhere near anything it could hurt, or you reduce its speed to the point where it's no longer a useful destructive force.

Now, you state "Divination could tell David where to place the object."  Um... how?  What form of divination allows David to see a random point in the middle of the sky with utter clarity, with no assisting device whatsoever?

Now, on to one of the other issues:  Joe cannot be made invisible.  Only true ghosts/demighosts can become invisible.  Joe can only become intangible, but then he will GLOW.  As this particular chase started in the dark, he would be a beacon indicating his exact position.  You mention that they could move through trees instead of around them, but realize that this chase has taken HOURS.  They aren't moving at the kind of speed where that is going to make a significant difference.

And true, David cannot be hit directly by an energy ball... but if one were to explode nearby, he could be affected by the magical blast.  Keep in mind that, in year 3, Ghost-David was hurled across the room by a simple Pichac spell.  He is not invulnerable in ghost form.

As to defection/desertion: They would be a problem to THE KING, which is the important point to be noted, as he is the one who would make the decision.  And don't be so quick to dismiss the idea of being turned.  These are criminals: a lot of them would absolutely love the additional power of being a werewolf: stronger, faster, better senses than a human... and a feral side that gives them an "excuse" to misbehave.  I can see a lot of sociopathic personalities loving this alternative.  And on the werewolf side, these criminals are aggressive, not overly concerned with "protocol", and willing to do what it takes to achieve their own goals.  I can see how the Vrudenans might consider them useful.

The OOM, the CoW, and the other international agencies are located in the capital city, Naughteer, on the island of Sum Warells.
3dsmile
Like Washington, DC exists inside no state, The Council lives in an area that exists inside no nation.

Shadowlord: You might also notice that in the article, modern supercomputers have shown that much of the energy of that explosion went downward, rather than outward, due to the momentum of the impactor.  And the idea of "causing" the heat shielding to fail at a specific height above the ground is ludicrous.  Human reaction time is about 0.1s.  In 0.1 seconds, even at the slowest speeds postulated in this discussion, this thing will have moved 80meters... 250+ feet.  And that is in the time it will take you just to react to it: that doesn't give you any time to actually DO anything.  If you have to do something like cast a spell, you are likely to be off by thousands of feet, bare minimum.  Plus, as I said earlier, the only effect heat shielding can have is to slow your impactor down, which just makes it even less effective.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#684 2018-06-06 23:35:49

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

fathertyme:

Sorry I forgot to respond to your post in the slew of them yesterday.

The simple reason that magical maps are not in use with the scout force is that divination is largely curtailed due to the amount of anti-divination magic in play.  (It's a basic magical war tactic: deny your enemy information.  A LOT of things depend on Divination: mirrors, magical maps, other items of higher-level magic.)

Before someone asks, the reason that David's measurement device works is because it isn't really a method of communicating.  I"m sure the weres would block it if they knew about it, but as David isn't selling it yet, they don't.  Its divination level isn't quite high enough to come up against the kind of anti-divination magic in use.  (Blocking every form of divination would be difficult if not impossible, requiring a lot of extremely high-powered wizards.  Blocking divination of certain types is easier, as the effect is more limited.)  Things like mood cubes, or weather gauges aren't going to be blocked, but things that can send information back and forth, those would be targeted for "removal" from both sides.

With David's device, they could keep track of exactly where the scout teams are, but that's of limited helpfulness, unless you're trying to rescue them.

Magical traces would also be limited during time of war, because they run into the same interference.  This makes the life of a Rimohr even harder during war time.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#685 2018-06-07 23:52:32

bigfoot
Wasted

Eric - Is there any Earth military weapons that would be useful for the Callamandians against the Vrudenans? I keep thinking how completely unprepared wizards were for a simple rifle during the assassantion attempt on the Callamandian King and can't help thinking it could turn the tides if they were able to acquire and utilize something like MQ9 Reaper Drones (climbs up to 52,000 feet and is capable of carrying 500 pound bombs), PHASR Rifles (a handheld laser array capable of blinding and disorienting anyone caught in its sights), a Taser Shockwave (will electrocute a crowd of people at the touch of a button) or an XM25 Individual Airburst Weapon System (accurately shoots a next-generation grenade up to 500 meters and can be programmed to explode a certain distance from the target to maximize shrapnel damage). Hell, give me an accurate machine gun and the 3-to-1 advantage of the Vrudenans is suddenly less daunting.

I suppose one could argue the Vrudenans could acquire the same Earth technology (Techno Tech?) so one wonders if it is more difficult than simply smuggling in Techno military Tech to Dugerra. What say you, Eric - any roadblocks here?

#686 2018-06-08 05:02:53

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

bigfoot wrote:

Eric - Is there any Earth military weapons that would be useful for the Callamandians against the Vrudenans?

Not very many, no.  First off, they have to get hold of them.  That means convincing the US Government to give over military grade hardware, with no controls over who ends up with it.  While they seem to be okay with doing that so long as the "someone who ends up with it" is on the other side of the planet, these weapons would effectively be within the Eastern United States.  I'm thinking they might be a touch skittish.

I keep thinking how completely unprepared wizards were for a simple rifle during the assassantion attempt on the Callamandian King and can't help thinking it could turn the tides if they were able to acquire and utilize something like MQ9 Reaper Drones (climbs up to 52,000 feet and is capable of carrying 500 pound bombs),

According to Wikipedia, the service ceiling of this aircraft is 50,000 feet.  The operational altitude is 25,000 feet.  And it requires a satellite for operator control.  The system would need to be re-engineered for direct radio control, which I highly doubt General Atomics would be willing to do for the very limited run.

Also, you could have just called this an Armed Predator Drone, like everyone else.

PHASR Rifles (a handheld laser array capable of blinding and disorienting anyone caught in its sights)

Ever heard of a spell called "lux lucis"?  David's used it quite effectively....
Seriously, the effect of this weapon is far too readily reproducible by a wizard's spell.  And that doesn't need new batteries every five minutes.

a Taser Shockwave (will electrocute a crowd of people at the touch of a button)

valk tohuto, anyone?

or an XM25 Individual Airburst Weapon System (accurately shoots a next-generation grenade up to 500 meters and can be programmed to explode a certain distance from the target to maximize shrapnel damage).

This weapon isn't even through its development phase yet, and may never be.  But even if it were, the full loadout of this weapon is 36 grenades, which could be used up in a single encounter.  How are they supposed to resupply this weapon?  They would need thousands upon thousands of grenades.  They have no logistical mechanism for that.

Hell, give me an accurate machine gun and the 3-to-1 advantage of the Vrudenans is suddenly less daunting.

And what are you going to do with it after it runs out of bullets?  Which you're going to do pretty damned fast.  Especially since no one in the Callamandian Army can shoot worth a shit, having never trained with a rifle...

As to "accurate" machine gun... even in the US Army, the accuracy of a machine gun isn't terribly important, since they're never really aiming the damned thing.  Automatic weapons are usually used for suppressive fire.

I suppose one could argue the Vrudenans could acquire the same Earth technology (Techno Tech?) so one wonders if it is more difficult than simply smuggling in Techno military Tech to Dugerra. What say you, Eric - any roadblocks here?

"Techno Tech" is redundant.  There is no such thing as "Wizard Tech".  Wizards use magic.

The difficulty of these weapons is in maintenance and logistics.  Even an M-16 has to be maintained daily when in use.  If it's not, it breaks rather quickly.  These countries have no pre-existing connections with weapons manufacturers, so no supply chain is in place.  Plus, it is likely that the governments are going to be even less willing to put weapons in the hands of Vrudenans.

The fact is that Earth weaponry simply brings along too big of a cost to make it worthwhile.  Cost in money, cost in time to train, cost in maintenance training, cost in maintenance time and personnel...  We have a shitload of people in our military who never even do any fighting: their job is to fix the shit the fighters break.

The Callamandians only have 20,000 soldiers to begin with.  They can't afford that kind of luxury.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#687 2018-06-08 06:37:49

ChiefRock
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

bigfoot wrote:

Eric - Is there any Earth military weapons that would be useful for the Callamandians against the Vrudenans?

The Callamandians only have 20,000 soldiers to begin with.  They can't afford that kind of luxury.

Eric Storm

I think that alone answers most of the points Eric military talks logistic/tactics tail/ teeth. a modern army is roughly 20% teeth and 80% tail I suspect the percentage has to be different for a magical army and they are fighting a complete war with only 20k? one batallion is at most 1k and they do not completely support themselves. as you have stated apples and oranges

My worst day at sea is better than my best day ashore
I found a home in the navy-but they land airplanes on my roof

#688 2018-06-08 11:47:46

Crusader
Wasted

I kind of want to see a werewolf hit by peper spray.
Well im sure there are better ways to incapacitate weres it just sounds more painful with their extra sensitive senses.

I figure there would be 1 or 2 guys who decided to learn how to use and care for a sniper rifle after the assassination attempt on the king. It would not be that outrageous to supply the single person and an assassination attempt on the were leader.

#689 2018-06-08 13:54:20

Timberwolf92
Inebriated

It’s been awhile since I read the full series but it was somewhat implied that the Vrudenans were behind the assassination attempt so wouldn’t they likely kept track of the ppl involved to a degree and would then attempt to protect themselves from the same?

Last edited by Timberwolf92 (2018-06-08 13:58:28)

#690 2018-06-08 14:12:49

bigfoot
Wasted

Eric Storm wrote:

The difficulty of these weapons is in maintenance and logistics.  Even an M-16 has to be maintained daily when in use.  If it's not, it breaks rather quickly.  These countries have no pre-existing connections with weapons manufacturers, so no supply chain is in place.  Plus, it is likely that the governments are going to be even less willing to put weapons in the hands of Vrudenans.

Good points all but keep in mind there are wizards living on Earth with current weapons experience. Detective Jesse Fletcher for one. Is it a stretch to believe there are other wizards living in America (under the same second Amendment that helps arm our citizenry) who own or have access to weapons and have the knowledge to use, maintain, clean, etc., said weapons (think US military vets would be useful?) Perhaps they could be pressed into the Callamandian military for their special knowledge of said arms.

Last, given David's wealth or demighost skills, how difficult would it be to either purchase or creatively gather a cache of weapons for these skilled wizards to use in the war?

#691 2018-06-08 18:27:34

Crusader
Wasted

bigfoot wrote:

...demighost skills...

But then david would be required to arrest himself.

#692 2018-06-08 19:27:09

bigfoot
Wasted

Crusader wrote:

But then david would be required to arrest himself.

Not if his efforts were recognized actions taken on behalf of King and country.

#693 2018-06-08 23:04:19

Crusader
Wasted

bigfoot wrote:

Not if his efforts were recognized actions taken on behalf of King and country.

Except Rimohrs are given power through the wizarding treaty that all nations signed.
And well we dont know all of it. I do know that they endorce the laws where the crime takes place. So by stealing from the US. He would have to enforce the US laws. Nevermind what other parts of the treaty would likely be broken.

-Dru

Edit: typo

Edit2:
Also Davids country isn't at war with the US. What you are suggesting is the King order David to steal from a foreign power, are you trying to start a magic vs tech war?

Last edited by Crusader (2018-06-08 23:10:30)

#694 2018-06-09 00:59:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, first:

Pepper spray does not incapacitate due to how strongly it smells, or anything of the type.  Capsicum is an irritant to mucous membranes.  If you have no sense of smell whatsoever, pepper spray is still going to knock you on your ass.

These effects, however, are not universal, and they can be fought through if the person is aggressive enough, has enough adrenaline running, or is high.  I imagine that attempting to use a non-lethal weapon on a werewolf in the middle of a war would be a damned good way to get yourself killed.

Sniper rifles:  They have a range of about a mile, if you're really good.  What the hell makes you think anyone is getting within a mile of the Vrudenan Alpha without having been spotted, identified, and, if necessary, destroyed?  Remember, the king put himself at risk against the advice of his arkigos/commandants.  All you have to do to protect yourself from a sniper is stay indoors and away from windows.

ALL of the rest of these things are either illegal, make suppositions that have no basis in anything mentioned in the story, or both

For instance, the notion that there are some large number of wizards in the US military who are also Callamandian Citizens.  Because - and pay attention here - ONLY A CITIZEN CAN BE IN THE CALLAMANDIAN MILITARY.  Why?  Because only citizens have sworn an oath of loyalty to the king.  Forcing non-citizens to serve in your army is the equivalent of kidnapping.  David would have to go to the Council of Wizards and file a complaint about the King of Callamandia, who would most likely be arrested.

So, given that all soldiers are citizens, it means that they have all taken four years of college, and passed their Citizenship Exam.  Now, why did they go through all that, just to go back to Earth?  And before someone asks, NO, the king cannot just declare two-year and three-year wizards as citizens.  Citizenship requires the citizenship exam: that is part of the international treaty establishing wizarding licensure.

As to David "procuring" weaponry from the United States:  The only combat-type weapons he could buy would be semi-automatic rifles such as the AR-15.  To obtain any advanced military ordinance, even something as simple as an M-16, would require a violation of the law.  Hell, it is not even legal to construct certain military weaponry (such as a flamethrower).  But even if David could manage to procure weapons for the Callamandian Army:  how is he going to move 20,000 rifles and a few million rounds of ammunition from Earth to the front lines in Callamandia?  And PLEASE don't say something stupid like "He'll put them in his CR."  20,000 M-16s weigh 80 metric tons.  (They are 4kg apiece).  That doesn't count the extra ammunition  Spare 30-round magazines, pre-loaded, weigh approx. 1 lb. each.  Assume you need just 30 of them per soldier, that's 600,000 lbs (535 metric tons of weight)... we're now at 615 metric tons of mass that needs to be moved, and it has to be ultimately dispersed to 20,000 locations (yes, many of those locations are standing right next to each other, but that's not the point.)  And let's not bullshit: 30 magazines per soldier isn't going to be anywhere near enough.  You can expect such unskilled marksmen to go through at least one magazine per day, on average.  That means that the 600,000 magazines you started with will last one month.

Oh, "But," I hear you say, "they could get just a few who are really good with these weapons, equip them, and intersperse them within the units with the normal wizards!"  Okay... and the minute they started firing, the muzzle flash would announce their presence, and the equivalent of ten or twelve artillery shells (in the form of huge magic energy blasts) would land right on top of that muzzle flash, wiping out your gunner and anyone near him.  Those energy blasts would not require the ballistic arc of an artillery shell, but would be direct-fire from one of the werewolves being shot at.  Sure, you could have someone protecting this wizard with a magical shield... assuming he's strong enough to hold up to the kind of impact that he'd be facing... but that means you have taken one soldier completely out of offensive battle.  And how long you think it'll be before the weres learn the simple lessons of "keep your fucking head down", and "fire from cover"?  These are creatures with built-in camouflage, so they're already going to be harder to see.  Crouch in the bushes, and they'll be almost invisible.  Your rifleman, however, is not going to be.  (By the way, don't bother suggesting the privacy field: it's opaque.  Your rifleman wouldn't be able to see what he was shooting at.)

Folks, really, why are you trying so fucking hard to bring guns to a wand fight?  Magic wands beat guns at everything except for sheer speed of projectile.  They have an unlimited amount of ammo, a variable shot strength, guided ammunition, a defensive as well as offensive capability, multiple ammunition types... they are lighter, require less maintenance, do not jam, and do not require a significant logistical effort to keep them from being rendered useless as weapons.  They hold the upper hand in training, as the fighters in question will have four years of experience with this weapon, versus virtually no experience with a firearm.  And a dropped wand cannot be used by anyone other than its owner.  A rifle doesn't give a shit who's pulling the trigger.  Finally, the gun's one benefit: speed and ability to penetrate magical shielding due to that speed, can be negated by the werewolves easily, as one of their strong skills is elemandy.  Even a bullet cannot penetrate a 1' wall of solid earth.  The werewolves simply use their elemandy skills to build a berm to fight behind, with very small openings for firing through, and your guns become virtually useless.  All in all, the one benefit that a firearm gives you is so massively outweighed by the benefits of just sticking with the magical weapons they have, it would be foolish of the arkigos to even consider the idea.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#695 2018-06-09 03:44:20

Crusader
Wasted

Pepper spray

Sniper rifles

Guns in a wand fight.

Peper spray would never be a battle field weapon, and i wasn't trying to suggest you use it as such, i was thinking of another capture.
Hell it could be an random enlisted thinking they are clever.

Its a puzzle, if you stop shooting down the ideas people will stop talking about it.

Can wizards aim and accelerate pebbles to bullet like speed?
Because of yes, the pebbles would lilely pass right through shield as well. (Aim and acceleration magic would end before hitting the shield)

#696 2018-06-09 19:44:58

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, well, let me clear up the "puzzle" for everyone:  Barring some VERY MINOR and unique uses, there will be no Earth tech in the Were War.

As to your question concerning pebbles:  Think carefully.  If wizards were able to do this, would the king have been shocked by the effect of the rifle?

Eric Storm

PS:  "Slappywag" would be far more effective than pepper spray for non-lethal capturing technique.

----
Facebook page

#697 2018-06-10 05:52:11

HendrixMorton
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

As to your question concerning pebbles:  Think carefully.  If wizards were able to do this, would the king have been shocked by the effect of the rifle?

Remember when David did his trick with the water bullet?  The professor was amazed and surprised that it could be done...

#698 2018-06-10 06:26:15

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

And this should actually prove my point, not act as an argument against it.  She was shocked that anyone was capable of this act.

But her main shock was because water is not a solid, and so seeing it punch a hole, like a solid rock would do, was surprising.  But this required nothing near the speed of an actual bullet.  Most bullets are fired at supersonic speeds.  This speed would hardly be necessary just to punch a hole in a piece of wood.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#699 2018-06-22 06:13:57

Fenixreign
Completely Blotto

Ah yes, the power of cohesion.  Water easily has some of oddest properties, but they cool to play with.

#700 2018-06-24 09:11:29

neolyn
Wasted

I'm gonna miss [::: redacted to remove major spoilers :::]

So David's soul mate ... is it [::: redacted to remove major spoilers :::]?

[::: redacted to remove major spoilers :::] never cross my mind, but [::: redacted to remove major spoilers :::] ...

[::: message redacted at the request of the author :::]

Board footer