The Pub Discussion Board

Get your favorite beverage, sit back, and join in the discussion

You are not logged in.

#826 2018-04-04 08:01:16

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Re: Writing Status

Just to clarify, when I say I "can't see" something, I mean that I cannot make out details.  I can see there's an object there, will probably know what color it is primarily, will be able to tell its approximate shape...  Essentially it's a loss of detail.  The further away something is, the less detail I see.  If something is moving (relative to me), I see even less detail than normal.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#827 2018-04-04 23:28:15

Centaur
Inebriated

I had a friend about 30yrs ago that had the same problem. he also didn't have a problem talking about it or joking about it. he claimed to be watching a high speed game of pong.

#828 2018-04-05 05:54:40

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You either see the humor in life, or you get very depressed.  I don't like being depressed.

Eric Storm

Please Remember:  The right to Freedom of Speech does not carry the proviso, "As long as it doesn't upset anyone."  The US Constitution does not grant you the right to not be offended.  If you don't like what someone's saying... IGNORE THEM.
----
Facebook page

#829 2018-04-17 05:33:57

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

So this is an officially sucky week...

Not only did we lose R. Lee Ermey yesterday, today we lost Harry Anderson! Goddammit!

*sigh* 

They will be missed.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#830 2018-04-17 06:40:48

bigfoot
Wasted

RIP Harry Anderson. For anyone interested, here is a clip of his famous needle through the arm gag. It's classic. Enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8EyYc4XxYk

#831 2018-04-25 07:08:12

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for April 25, 2018:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 11: April is finished, and with the reviewers.

Barring the unforeseen, this chapter will be posted on May 1st.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#832 2018-05-01 01:49:20

dbane79
Tipsy

Eric ,since you have trouble focusing the keyboard keys, would a talk to text program be helpful?

#833 2018-05-01 02:09:36

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

dbane79 wrote:

Eric ,since you have trouble focusing the keyboard keys, would a talk to text program be helpful?

I'm not at all sure what you mean by "focusing the keyboard keys".  I do not look at my keyboard to type: I'm a touch-typist to the tune of about 70+ words a minute.

As to voice recognition software, I've tried it only recently.  I simply cannot get used to speaking while I'm trying to think creatively.  Not to mention that all of that "comma, period, ellipsis..." stuff that you have to explicitly say out loud really takes you out of the story while you're trying to write it.  (And before you ask, no, it's not a good idea to not put it there and then add it in later.  You can lose meaning that way.  Likewise with formatting such as italics.)

I imagine that, with a lot of practice, I could get used to it.  But without a solid reason (like carpal tunnel syndrome) to drive me to it, I don't think I'll bother.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#834 2018-05-01 07:33:24

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for May 1, 2018:

Happy Fae Day!

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 11: April has been posted to PRM.
The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 5: October has been made public.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#835 2018-05-09 07:51:53

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for May 9, 2018:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 12: May has been started.  Let's hope I write fast on this one, or there's no way it'll be ready on June 1...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#836 2018-05-27 21:06:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for May 27, 2018:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 12: May is finished, and is with the reviewers.

This will be posted on the 1st, but probably not at the usual time.  I want to give the reviewers time to get in their reviews if possible, so I will probably put off posting this until late in the day on June 1.  But it will still be June 1... somewhere...

3dsmile

Plans:  There is unlikely to be a release of WAY8-1 on July 1st.  I want to take the time to plan out book 8 in detail before I start writing it.  As this sort of war-time writing is not something I have much experience with, and because I want it to really be as good as I can make it, I want to basically have the WAY8 calendar completely filled in before I start work on the story.  This will hopefully have the added effect of preventing writing stoppages in the middle of the book.

Having said that, I am going to try to post SOMETHING on July 1st.  Probably the next chapter of Agent of Change, but there is some slim chance it might be something else.  We'll just have to see.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#837 2018-05-28 08:14:54

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Glad to hear we will be getting something this month. Agent of change... I will have to completely reread that as it didn’t stick with me as well as I thought it would for how good it was. Anything is better then nothing IN MY OPINION. I know you don’t like posting half asses or unfinished things so I hope the best for the next month.

#838 2018-05-28 18:21:43

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Well, you've got over a month to re-read five chapters... shouldn't be too difficult.

Re-reading all of WAY1 through WAY7 in time to read WAY7-12 in a few days... that might be tougher...

3dsmile

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#839 2018-06-02 01:14:00

JBPayne
Inebriated

Eric Storm wrote:

Well, you've got over a month to re-read five chapters... shouldn't be too difficult.

Re-reading all of WAY1 through WAY7 in time to read WAY7-12 in a few days... that might be tougher...

3dsmile

Eric Storm

tough but not impossible. if the wife would leave me alone i could do it in 24 hrs. of course thats only because i really enjoy the entire story.

#840 2018-06-02 01:23:14

darthel0101
Completely Blotto

JBPayne wrote:

tough but not impossible. if the wife would leave me alone i could do it in 24 hrs. of course thats only because i really enjoy the entire story.

I wish my other half was still around to bug me

#841 2018-06-02 05:38:53

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Update for June 1, 2018:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 6: November has been made public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 12: May has been posted to PRM.

This completes book 7 of the Woodward Academy series.  As I said earlier, Book 8 will not begin to be posted until at least August 1.  I will post something else on July 1, but I need two solid months to plan out book 8 before I start writing it.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#842 2018-06-02 06:32:26

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

Update for June 1, 2018:

The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 6: November has been made public.
The Woodward Academy, Year 7, Chapter 12: May has been posted to PRM.

This completes book 7 of the Woodward Academy series.  As I said earlier, Book 8 will not begin to be posted until at least August 1.  I will post something else on July 1, but I need two solid months to plan out book 8 before I start writing it.

Eric Storm

Technically it would be posted September 1st. If it took 2 months to PLAN the book, let alone a chapter. That would be August 1st. 3dsmile Just saying. Hope everything goes swimmingly.

#843 2018-06-02 08:10:09

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Okay, fine.

Everyone, Elessar says there won't be a WAY8-1 release in August, either.  Any frustration or animosity this generates may be directed toward him here...

misch_smiley

Mwahahahahaha....  I love a good bloodbath...

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#844 2018-06-03 08:01:56

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

Okay, fine.

Everyone, Elessar says there won't be a WAY8-1 release in August, either.  Any frustration or animosity this generates may be directed toward him here...

misch_smiley

Mwahahahahaha....  I love a good bloodbath...

Eric Storm

Just pointing out what I see. I do accept blame for brilliance taking a long time.

#845 2018-06-06 05:53:27

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Handy tip:  If you bought new sneakers yesterday - Sneakers are what a person calls "athletic shoes" if they are more than, oh, say, 35 or 40.  Just thought you'd like to know that - anyway, if you bought new sneakers yesterday, DO NOT wear them to go shopping at Wal-Mart today.  You will regret it, big-time.

Oh, my poor fucking feet...  Ow.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#846 2018-06-06 06:28:22

Sniper
Inebriated

Or...you could buy shoes, that actually fit your feet, instead of just looking good!

#847 2018-06-06 07:26:03

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

Um... I don't give a goddamned crap WHAT my shoes look like.  I bought new shoes because my old ones are starting to fall apart.  If I cared about fashion, I wouldn't wear sneakers all day, every day.  I have worn sneakers to CHURCH (when I used to go to that kind of place.)  I wear shoes that are designed to be comfortable for the kinds of tasks I do, which range from sitting on my ass, to riding my bike, to walking on the treadmill, to mowing the lawn.  I own ONE pair of shoes to do all those tasks.  I bought shoes of the same brand that I have been wearing for over a decade (New Balance), because I know they aren't over-priced, they last for about three years, and they are comfortable, once broken in.

New shoes hurt the feet until they are broken in.  The reason for this is very simple: generally, shoes are not custom-made, and until they have been molded by your foot to the exact shape you need them, they are going to be uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time, especially if you do a lot of walking.  If you do not personally have this problem, then you should count your vast and copious blessings.  If your shoes don't need to be molded, by wear, to the shape of your foot, then your shoes are probably too big, and will not provide the proper support you need to do anything active in them.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#848 2018-06-06 20:27:59

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

GRRRRRR....

So, releasing AoC chapter 6 on July 1st has just become more difficult.

Somehow, though I haven't a clue how, I have lost the directory my AoC story files existed in.  Apparently, they've been missing for over a month (which I find odd, because I thought I'd looked at them more recently than that...).  I make this conclusion based on the fact that Dropbox doesn't have a record of them, and they're supposed to keep deleted files for 30 days.

Since chapters 1-5 were posted here on the site already, I didn't lose those.  But I had done a fair amount of work on chapter 6 already.  All of that was lost, and has to be recreated.

I am still going to attempt to have the chapter ready for July 1st... but that's going to be harder now.  I LOATHE re-writing lost material.

3dsad

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

#849 2018-06-09 16:33:59

Elessar
Completely Blotto

Eric Storm wrote:

GRRRRRR....

So, releasing AoC chapter 6 on July 1st has just become more difficult.

Somehow, though I haven't a clue how, I have lost the directory my AoC story files existed in.  Apparently, they've been missing for over a month (which I find odd, because I thought I'd looked at them more recently than that...).  I make this conclusion based on the fact that Dropbox doesn't have a record of them, and they're supposed to keep deleted files for 30 days.

Since chapters 1-5 were posted here on the site already, I didn't lose those.  But I had done a fair amount of work on chapter 6 already.  All of that was lost, and has to be recreated.

I am still going to attempt to have the chapter ready for July 1st... but that's going to be harder now.  I LOATHE re-writing lost material.

3dsad

Eric Storm

Meant to comment sooner, I simply forgot. I don't mean to say it but... I told you so. 3dsmile It will get better. 3dsmile

#850 2018-06-09 19:47:46

Eric Storm
Pub Owner
Website

You "told me so".... what?

To make backup copies?  I did.  But my backups were only good for 30 days.  So sue me for not anticipating that a missing story would go completely unnoticed for over a month.

Eric Storm

----
Facebook page

Board footer